Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who would your top 10 be if the draft was redone today?

1. Oliver
2. Weitering
3. Hipwood
4. Burton
5. Parish
6. Mills
7. Rioli
8. Milera
9. Hopper
10. Curnow

Last edited:

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Milera bit high, Gresham and Dunkley have done more than him.
Fair point. Although he hasn't shown as much as those two yet I do think Milera will develop into a better player than the both of them. Just my opinion of course

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hipwood is gonna be a gun but if ur going by what they've produced so far he's gotta drop abit
That's interesting that you think he's dropped in value. From my view he has done a lot more than what was expected of him and has shown glimpses of brilliance regularly. It may just be my bias

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah I'm completely with u on that. He's the closest thing I've seen to a young buddy. But the other guys have been a lot more consistent than hipwood. Just doesn't have the strength or workrate yet to stay in the game for 4 quarters

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would be intetested to see how other people would redo the top 10. Anyone want to have a crack?

Hawka#10

Rookie
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My top 10 would be
1. Weitering
2. Oliver
3. Burton
4. Mills
5. Hipwood
6. Parish
7. Rioli
8. Hopper
9. Curnow
10. Schache

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
1. Clayton Oliver
2. Jaconb Weitering
3. Ryan Burton
4. Darcy Parish
5. Jade Gresham
6. Callum Mills
7. Josh Dunkley
8. Eric Hipwood
9. Callum Ah Chee
10. Marcus Adams

So far. I expect Kennedy, Hopper, Milera, Clarke, Fiorini, Mathieson and Curnow to really challenge this.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Curnow would be selected top 10. The only reason he wasn't in 2015 was because of his drink driving incident.

Too much raw potential not too, and already has some decent games to his name.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Charlie has been the pick of the key forwards so far.

Hipwood's numbers don't even come close.

In a draft you must factor in potential too. If it was redone Hipwood goes high, he looks the goods.

It looks a great draft for KPP so far with Weitering, Hipwood, Schache, Curnow, Burton and Himmelberg all showing some good signs at AFL level.

Weidaman, Francis and the Mckay brothers are also obviously promising.

Adams as a mature ager must also be factored into discussion.

1. Weitering
2. Burton
3. Oliver (I know everyone here faps over him, and he has been excellent as a 2nd year player, but he's a less effective version of Tom Mitchell - check their metres gained and handballing % statistics to see what I mean and I think his ceiling will be about that of Tom Mitchell)
4. Hipwood
5. Parish
6. Hopper
7. Curnow
8. Kennedy
9. Schache
10. Mills

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
1. Weitering
2. Burton
3. Oliver (I know everyone here faps over him, and he has been excellent as a 2nd year player, but he's a less effective version of Tom Mitchell - check their metres gained and handballing % statistics to see what I mean and I think his ceiling will be about that of Tom Mitchell)
4. Hipwood
5. Parish
6. Hopper
7. Curnow
8. Kennedy
9. Schache
10. Mills
Re Oliver, you could say the same about Josh P Kennedy, Cunnington, Matt Crouch and just about every other pure inside mid. He crushed us in clearances a week ago. Oliver=3 burtons

Re Oliver, you could say the same about Josh P Kennedy, Cunnington, Matt Crouch and just about every other pure inside mid. He crushed us in clearances a week ago. Oliver=3 burtons
Yeah but you think De Goey is a far trade for Gunston as well. Oliver has been better so far, but I believe Burton has a better upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back