Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love a response from the moderators who decided to delete my post in the rumour discussion thread. What is the thread for if we cannot discuss rumours? What I posted was not graphic or salacious and should be discussed IMO; I wasn't the only one who agreed. 'It should be on the scandals board' is a cop out and akin to sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that negative things about our club/players don't exist/shouldn't be discussed by us, the members and supporters who support our club with our hard earned.

I would like a response and an answer as to what rule or posting guideline was broken and why it didn't belong in that thread. Understand mods do a great unpaid job to keep this board an many others going, but we need to be able to discuss things...

The post you responded to was deleted, therefore so was yours.

If you want to discuss 'things', send a PM either to the relevant mod/s.

The post you responded to was deleted, therefore so was yours.

If you want to discuss 'things', send a PM either to the relevant mod/s.

No, actually the original post I made in the thread was deleted because 'it belongs on the scandal' board.

Any help with who should I be PMing?

No, actually the original post I made in the thread was deleted because 'it belongs on the scandal' board.

When you were notified of the deletion, did it say which mod deleted it?

If so, PM that mod.

If not, pick any combination of myself, ODN, Chism and Aphrodite.

I would say it was deleted because it referenced a fairly damaging rumour that has nothing to do with football.

When you were notified of the deletion, did it say which mod deleted it?

If so, PM that mod.

If not, pick any combination of myself, ODN, Chism and Aphrodite.

Deletions don't say which mod actioned it. Doesn't matter as we can see why it was deleted. I'm happy not to go into the specifics of the sledge. Nobody else has opted to speculate in the media.

Bluemour Discussion Thread VS List Management Thread

Seems like one has morphed into the other and we now have two threads discussing the same things.

Any chance that this situation can be reviewed ??

I understand why the Bluemour Discussion Thread was created but it isn't serving that original purpose now.
While I tend to agree, I'm not sure much can be done. Most rumours tend to be about players coming or going and the conversation inevitably turns to what we would get/give up for said players. The topics tend to lend themselves to devolve into list management type stuff.

While I tend to agree, I'm not sure much can be done. Most rumours tend to be about players coming or going and the conversation inevitably turns to what we would get/give up for said players. The topics tend to lend themselves to devolve into list management type stuff.

So why have two threads discussing the same thing ??

So why have two threads discussing the same thing ??
The list management thread doesn't really deal with rumours because rumours aren't limited to list changes. A rumour about a list change can find its way into the list thread though.
A rumour about list changes will just about always progress to a lit management type discussion, but not all rumours are list related. I know I'm repeating myself, but it's that simple. Different conversations will sometimes end up taking similar paths, especially when a new piece of information is introduced. You would have to rely on posters in the rumour thread saying 'let's take this conversation to the list management thread' and that just isn't going to happen. A mod can prompt a move to a different thread, but then you get people jumping in 3 pages back (or much more with the speed of those two threads) and trying to catch up, while replying to something before seeing the mod's post.
I share your annoyance, but I can't see much of a way around it.

If you look at the Bluemour Discussion thread, it has gone way past just discussing rumours, its become a full-on list management discussion.

I noticed you have twice said "I share your annoyance, but I can't see much of a way around it" but I beg to differ.

Keep the "Bluemour" thread for the specific posting of rumours just like it is now. Delete the discussion thread completely and let all list management discussions, rumour or otherwise take place in the one thread.

If the rumour is pertaining to say .... a board challenge, then that could be discussed in a separate thread that is dedicated to the board.

If the rumour is pertaining to say .... membership packages, then that could be discussed in a separate thread that is dedicated to the membership packages etc.

Could we have a 'no question is too stupid thread'? I have questions about footy that I don't have anyone to ask, the board can be pretty brutal to people who show any ignorance toward any footy rules, strategies etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we have a 'no question is too stupid thread'? I have questions about footy that I don't have anyone to ask, the board can be pretty brutal to people who show any ignorance toward any footy rules, strategies etc

We already have one (Carlton related) :-

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...at-doesnt-need-its-own-thread-thread.1073627/

OR

Non Carlton related :-

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/general-afl-discussion-carlton-posters-only.1142822/page-182

New thread for each 'real' rumour.

Sorry Harks won't happen.
I think the idea of getting rid of the Rumour Discussion thread has merit. It does seem like the Rumour Discussion and List Management threads have become double-ups for a while now. The standalone Blumour Thread is still a great idea that should remain - just don't need the separate discussion thread IMO. Almost all the rumours we get in the Blumour thread are related to list management and I cant even think of the last one that wasn't. If by chance there is a rumour related to something else, we pretty much have all other areas of footy covered by threads anyway, so they could just go in an appropriate thread.

We'll never get this one right. It relies on posters to be aware enough to post in the appropriate place or mods to spend far too much time moving masses of posts.

Rumours aren't fact and as such could ruin a proper list management thread, but list management is a topic that encroaches on everything else including media threads, draft threads, coaching threads, player threads and rumour threads.

We have basically made the rumour discussion thread the sacrificial lamb (sorry Jed) for the past few years to protect the discussion in the other threads.

what happens if a rumour turns out to be unsubstantiated?

Then it is perfectly at home lost in the chaos of the Bluemour Discussion Thread ... to either sink never to be seen again or quoted for the purposes of ridicule ... by me.

Awesome tipping Dr SBYM. :clapping::clapping::clapping: Congrats

Ta BG...had a golden run in the middle of the season, found it settled down a bit in the second half...

Still sad that never tipping Carlton cost me six tips...I guess I deserve it...

Ta BG...had a golden run in the middle of the season, found it settled down a bit in the second half...

Still sad that never tipping Carlton cost me six tips...I guess I deserve it...
Fingers, SOS and Bolts crossed, you'll have to change that strategy next season.

stupid idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back