Prediction Changes Round 14 vs Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

With JK i have a feeling it was always going to be a 7-8 week injury so him missing this week and coming back for the port game (i think they will not risk him on ethiad with that dodgy surface) So i think we will be fine and just helps the team learn not to rely on JK so much.The Petrie decision has paid off because he is more than capable to hold down a key forward role for a few more weeks.

I have come around on the Duggan to the HBF to replace Nelson just to see how he goes. With that in mind i still want to see Wellingham come in so play as a mid. Lecra HAS to go out becasue we cannot keep carrying him after 4 poor weeks. Just bring in Karpany and lets him roll with it. We also need drop a tall defender becasue we are too tall down back and with that in mind i would keep Emac in over Schofield so we have that balance of pure stopper in Emac and an intercept defender in Barrass which leaves Gov to pinch hit up front and ruck if needed.

In: Karpany, Wellingham, Partington
Out: Nelson (Inj) , Schofield, Lecra

With JK i have a feeling it was always going to be a 7-8 week injury so him missing this week and coming back for the port game (i think they will not risk him on ethiad with that dodgy surface) So i think we will be fine and just helps the team learn not to rely on JK so much.The Petrie decision has paid off because he is more than capable to hold down a key forward role for a few more weeks.

I have come around on the Duggan to the HBF to replace Nelson just to see how he goes. With that in mind i still want to see Wellingham come in so play as a mid. Lecra HAS to go out becasue we cannot keep carrying him after 4 poor weeks. Just bring in Karpany and lets him roll with it. We also need drop a tall defender becasue we are too tall down back and with that in mind i would keep Emac in over Schofield so we have that balance of pure stopper in Emac and an intercept defender in Barrass which leaves Gov to pinch hit up front and ruck if needed.

Pretty good reasoning but I reckon our MC will be loathe to make 3 changes to a winning side. Only forced changes I think.

Unfortunately I think Haggers is probably right on JK. My gut feel on the vision and the "pop" description at the time was an 8-10 weeker so i was pretty surprised when they talked about him getting up for Geelong.

Not sure about Schofield or Emac ? But Wellers to a wing definitely, and Agree with giving Karps an extended run at this level.

If Hill doesn't come in this week do we assume he's been stamped never to return?

He was average for ep I heard. Rather Young blood.

That was what I was suggesting. The general consensus seems to be for Karps to come in or even DV when fit to play that hff role Lecras / Cripps is atm. I think if the MC go with Karps, Hill wont be offered a new contact or play again this year bar injuries.

Please never suggest Wellingham playing as a midfielder again

That's a big blow if true. He's been very good for them.

With Watts, Jones and Hogan out that's three of top six goal kickers missing. Might struggle to kick enough goals as a result. We really should win this.
With JK out, Lecras a possibility to be dropped and Hill no guarantee to return we'd be missing 3 of our top 4 goal kickers

We also haven't kicked over 100 points since the Freo game and that's the only time we've done that since round 2. And we've been averaging less than 11 goals per game over the last 5 weeks

They don't necessarily need to kick a lot of goals to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had enough scoring shots last week to ton up at least. just need the boys to have the radar on!
I take your point but the radar hasn't been good for a while 53.65 over the last 5 weeks

Take out GWS game (14.6) and its 39.59

Lecras injury against Essendon is so obviously the reason for the form slump. What's to celebrate? No Kennedy or Lecras at this crucial point in the season is hideous for us. Where's the goals coming from? Injury "clusters" to starting quality (+top tier) players in similar area's of the ground are much worse than a broader spread of injuries across multiple positions.

Nic Nat - Inj
Lycett - Inj

Kennedy - Inj
Lecras - Inj
Rioli - Inj
Cripps - Recovering on one leg

That is not good.

Last edited:
I have exclusively obtained the team to be named this afternoon.*

In: Wellingham, Karpany
Out: Nelson (hammy), LeCras (hip/glute/soreness/poor form)

B: Schofield, MacKenzie, Wellingham
HB: Hurn, Barrass, Sheppard
C: Gaff, Mitchell, Jetta
HF: Yeo, Darling, Sheed
F: Cripps, Petrie, McGovern
R: Vardy, Shuey, Priddis
I: Cole, Duggan, Hutchings, Karpany
E: McInnes, Redden, Masten

One of Masten or Redden to be held out of East Perth's game.

*Actually it's pure guesswork. I'm going for a job at WAToday.

Lecras injury against Essendon is so obviously the reason for the form slump. What's to celebrate? No Kennedy or Lecras at this crucial point in the season is hideous for us. Where's the goals coming from? Injury "clusters" to starting quality (+top tier) players in similar area's of the ground are much worse than a broader spread of injuries across multiple positions.

Nic Nat - Inj
Lycett - Inj

Kennedy - Inj
Lecras - Inj
Rioli - Inj
Cripps - Recovering on one leg

That is not good.
Is Lycett injured again?

IN: Wellingham, Karpany
OUT: Nelson, LeCras

I'd leave a possibility for a later change as well depending on team balance.

May be able to drop a taller back for a midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back