Recent delistings - where are they now?

Fairly depressing thread this one. Blease, Morton, Strauss, Georgiou...

We drafted some absolute spuds, my god.

It didnt help that two had tib/fib breaks - I think Blease and Strauss would actually have worked under Goody... but they were already dead.

It didnt help that two had tib/fib breaks - I think Blease and Strauss would actually have worked under Goody... but they were already dead.
Strauss perhaps. I don't think Blease was ever even close to looking like resembling possibly approaching anything close to a player.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah lots of wishful thinking I reckon. Just remember, Barry, Blease, Tappy etc couldn't break into our senior side when we were one of the worst outfits in the history of the VFL/AFL.

Barry Prendergast just totally screwed us. Anyway, the wheel has turned and we now have a recruiter who is a gun.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-12/worth-a-look-sanfl-players-pushing-their-draft-case

Dom Barry (Glenelg)
Played two seasons with Melbourne before leaving the Demons at the end of 2014 to move to the APY Lands in far north South Australia to reconnect with his family's culture. The 23-year-old has been a revelation in his first season with Glenelg with his blistering speed on the wing. Has attracted the attention of a couple of AFL clubs.

FORMER Melbourne speedster Dom Barry is back on the AFL radar after an impressive first season with Glenelg.

The 23-year-old's blistering pace down the wing and outside run will be enough to get clubs taking a second look.

Barry has made an immediate impact at the Tigers, averaging 21 disposals per game to go with 10 goals.

He joined the Tigers after moving to Adelaide earlier this year to study a Bachelor of Education.

Barry left his career at the Demons behind at the end of 2014 so he could be closer to his family in the APY Lands.

After spending time in Darwin and Alice Springs, Barry played several games last year for Fregon in the Far North West Sports League while driving a bus as part of the Federal Government remote school attendance strategy.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Jail at a guess.

Yeah he belted a couple randoms on a bender a little while back. Loved him as a player but he's a fair s**t campaigner I think

Strauss perhaps. I don't think Blease was ever even close to looking like resembling possibly approaching anything close to a player.

Legit could be the worst player ever drafted, he was Hunt with zero footy ability. Couldn't kick for s**t couldn't win contested an couldn't mark. He was terrible

The ASX-listed tech start-up founded by former Melbourne AFL player Joel McDonald, GetSwift, has raised $24 million, bringing on a range of new US-based investors including top-tier institutions, family offices and hedge funds.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/technology/exafl...y-ifm-and-regal-20170620-gwuvxe#ixzz4kmYE59tb
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook
The bald dude looks like he is pulling a massive sword out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah lots of wishful thinking I reckon. Just remember, Barry, Blease, Tappy etc couldn't break into our senior side when we were one of the worst outfits in the history of the VFL/AFL.

Barry Prendergast just totally screwed us. Anyway, the wheel has turned and we now have a recruiter who is a gun.

I remember when we beat the bombers on a Friday night under Bailey and the engine room of Scully, Trengove and Gysberts was being touted as a 10 year midfield combo.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah he belted a couple randoms on a bender a little while back. Loved him as a player but he's a fair s**t campaigner I think

Legit could be the worst player ever drafted, he was Hunt with zero footy ability. Couldn't kick for s**t couldn't win contested an couldn't mark. He was terrible

I remember at u18 level he wouldn't get a lot of the ball but would kick a good running goal and you'd think 's**t this guy can play'. Just never improved from that.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Grimey Sylvia

Debutant
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne

Fantastic, I came into this thread just hoping someone had posted this article. What a laugh... If the hawks got Gillies instead of Lake he still would have played VFL and they would not have 3 peated...

Faking an injury because he didn't like were he was picked sums him up, they were probably trying to boost his confidence and instead he gave up.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nathan Carroll is working with a mate of mine up in the mines.
Apparently he is a pretty funny type of bloke, but is pretty loose and has some funny stories

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Back