List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

As of right now this is what i'd do looking through my coaches goggles (Not my preference, as there is some i'd want to keep on)

New contracts
1 Year - Pedersen
1 Year - Spencer
2 Years - ANB
2 Years - Hulett (devlopment)
3 Years - Salem
3 Years - Stretch

Re-Rookie (1 year)
- Tim Smith
- Keilty
- Filipovic

Delist or Trade
JKH
Trengove (i'd want to give him 1 year though)
vandenBerg (i'd want to give him 1 year though)
Mitch King
Mitch White

Retire
Bernie Vince (i'd offer one year if he wants to go around again)

Extend
- Gawn
- Hunt
- Jetta
- Petracca
- Tom McDonald
- Oscar McDonald
Mitch King I'd keep around for another year or two, actually let him get a look in. vandenBerg I'd also give a couple of years, I'm a fan despite how well our forward line is going without him.

Should give VDB 1 year, let him get his body right.

JKH and Trenners probably on the chopping block, unless Jay can string some decent games together and garner a bit of trade value. Sad for Trenners but I don't think giving him another year will achieve anything. Would love to be proven wrong.

I actually don't understand this foreign feeling I'm having right now. It's like I'm actually not looking forward to delisting 10 players and laughing manically while doing it.

These are strange times.

The other thing is we only have to delist two because of Heretier.

I don't think this is right. We've committed to elevating Smith to the senior list, so therefore even including Lumumba's departure we still need to make 3 cuts.

I think we'll get a fair indication of where the club sees ANB at based on the contract he's offered. Given the game time he has had this year and his age he would warrant a 2 year extension, but if the club only offers him 1 year then to me it's clear they see him as someone up for trade and not that critical to us.

Anyway of those 3 cuts I'd say Trengove will hang up the boots, and someone like a Hulett could be in trouble too. Someone like Kennedy could also be in strife given the rise of Hannan and the fact that the club still has a lot of faith in Kent. I'd be shocked if King is let go given the club saw a bit in him when drafted.

Prior to the demise of Gawn and Spencer Pedo was heading for the cuts, but now he has forced his way into a contract extension, assuming we don't go down the 2007-2010 path of terminating anything over 29 years old.

As for the other rookies, Mitch White is a goner, Tim Smith and Declan Keilty should get another year, and Maynard will get another year or perhaps even be a slight chance to be elevated.

I don't think this is right. We've committed to elevating Smith to the senior list, so therefore even including Lumumba's departure we still need to make 3 cuts.
I believe we've committed to elevating Smith because we've already committed to delisting Lumumba. Smith will be officially elevated onto the senior list thru the draft, and counts as one of our mandatory 3 selections, so Lumumba counts as one of our 3 delistings.

We did the same last year, Wagner was elevated at the end of the draft, so we only took Hannan and Johnstone.

According to a couple reports Frost doesn't want to start talks on a new deal till the end of the year, can't blame him considering he can only push his value up with this current form.

Thats fine. He deserves to get a decent paycheck. Seeing as Milkshakes got paid and years, Frost would no doubt feel he's entitled to ask.

Frost is adding dollars to his contract with every game, so he'd be mad not to wait it out, thats for sure.

At the same time, the way things are tracking, if you're best 22, you'd also be mad to leave. So not really concerned about losing anyone we don't want to at the moment ... which is obviously a really bizarre feeling

AVB is good depth imo, I'd be keeping him
How can someone be good depth if they are injured all the time? AVB has got to go unfortunately. Maybe rookie list him to see if he can string some games together. But he's taking up a spot tbh.

Kent is in serious trouble as well. I'm not sure we'd let him go just yet, but he has gone rapidly backwards. If Johnstone steadily improves, I can see Kent or Kennedy let go. Might be worth looking to trade Kent. Could possibly get a 2nd round pick for him?

ANB will stay. Been in the best 22 most of the season and should only improve. He's good midfield depth.

JKH is definitely in the gun. However, our captain's injury might give him an opportunity to show what he's got as a pure mid. So the next month or so will decide his fate. If he doesn't get a game while Jones is out, I'd say he's out the door.

Pedersen absolutely gets a year extension. He can go year to year now along with Spencer.

Tim Smith and Kielty? Really don't think either will add anything other than depth. Can see both getting delisted at season's end this year or next. Hullet hasn't shown much either. Could rookie list him?

Maynard looks to be improving by the week. So I see the club sticking with him for at least another season. Trengove unfortunately is dead in the water. If he doesn't get a game while Jones is injured, then he's a goner..

How can someone be good depth if they are injured all the time? AVB has got to go unfortunately. Maybe rookie list him to see if he can string some games together. But he's taking up a spot tbh.

Kent is in serious trouble as well. I'm not sure we'd let him go just yet, but he has gone rapidly backwards. If Johnstone steadily improves, I can see Kent or Kennedy let go. Might be worth looking to trade Kent. Could possibly get a 2nd round pick for him?

ANB will stay. Been in the best 22 most of the season and should only improve. He's good midfield depth.

JKH is definitely in the gun. However, our captain's injury might give him an opportunity to show what he's got as a pure mid. So the next month or so will decide his fate. If he doesn't get a game while Jones is out, I'd say he's out the door.

Pedersen absolutely gets a year extension. He can go year to year now along with Spencer.

Tim Smith and Kielty? Really don't think either will add anything other than depth. Can see both getting delisted at season's end this year or next. Hullet hasn't shown much either. Could rookie list him?

Maynard looks to be improving by the week. So I see the club sticking with him for at least another season. Trengove unfortunately is dead in the water. If he doesn't get a game while Jones is injured, then he's a goner..
VDB is good enough to keep on the list. He's arguably best 22 when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should give VDB 1 year, let him get his body right.

JKH and Trenners probably on the chopping block, unless Jay can string some decent games together and garner a bit of trade value. Sad for Trenners but I don't think giving him another year will achieve anything. Would love to be proven wrong.

I actually don't understand this foreign feeling I'm having right now. It's like I'm actually not looking forward to delisting 10 players and laughing manically while doing it.

These are strange times.

Last paragraph had me chuckling into my glass of chivas. Well played.

I was being sarcastic, but now that I think about it, if it was pinned then Freo supporters would be able to easily see that Hogan is contracted until the end of 2019 thus potentially saving us oodles of garbage to read through on the trades thread.
Chief (I think) has this thing about too many pins on boards, not certain why. Me and Striker and probably Puppet too are relaxed and really cool about it but Crimson is a psycho. He goes fully OCD about pins and threatens people. Sometimes he threatens people for no reason at all though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back