Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally change the Channel before Basil comes on for Seven Sport, but Ross basically spent a minute and a half ******* with him and it was absolutely glorious.

Just filling in the blanks for Ross in his interview on Seven.

Basil, I really don't give a toss about anything relating to the Eagles, when will you ever learn.

Tough person to interview. Usually along the lines of:

"So Ross, do you believe...blahdy blah...". Ross: "No, I don't think so...".

"Ross, would you say...blahdy blah...". Ross: "No."

"Ross, do you think...blahdy blah...". Ross: "No, I wouldn't..."

"Ross, would you like the team to get the win this week?" Ross: "I don't consider wins to be the be all and end all for the stage of development..."

"Ross, I heard you won 50 mill in the super lotto draw yesterday. Will this make you happy and pleasant going forward". Ross: "No, that would be dependent on a range of other variables..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough person to interview. Usually along the lines of:

"So Ross, do you believe...blahdy blah...". Ross: "No, I don't think so...".

"Ross, would you say...blahdy blah...". Ross: "No."

"Ross, do you think...blahdy blah...". Ross: "No, I wouldn't..."

"Ross, would you like the team to get the win this week?" Ross: "I don't consider wins to be the be all and end all for the stage of development..."

"Ross, I heard you won 50 mill in the super lotto draw yesterday. Will this make you happy and pleasant going forward". Ross: "No, that would be dependent on a range of other variables..."

Well Basil could start by actually asking some open-ended question instead of yes or no statements.

Instead of "You must have been pleased with Darcy's game"

How about "What did you think of Darcy's game?"

Invite your subject towards expansive answers instead of telling them what you think they think.

Whoa. Hold on. People talking about bringing up the Eagles and whatnot. But nobody mentioning that FYFE IS UBER CLOSE TO SIGNING!!!! What is wrong with all of you people? TO THE SAINTS BOARD!!!

Well Basil could start by actually asking some open-ended question instead of yes or no statements.

Instead of "You must have been pleased with Darcy's game"

How about "What did you think of Darcy's game?"

Invite your subject towards expansive answers instead of telling them what you think they think.

This is so obvious, but why do most journalists not do this? Quality of sports journalism is pathetic

Pressers are so damn boring and mundane. The journos lack any imagination with their questions, surely they know the answers to the following questions before they ask them:

"what did you make of the incident with ****?"

I didn't see the incident.

"how bad is **** injury?"

I don't know. I have just finished coaching and am now sitting in front of you lot.

After a 10 goal loss "that wasnt a very good game, was it?"

What the f*** do you reckon!

At least doesn't say what he really thinks like Malthouse did. Not far off though I suppose.

Footy Classified. Tomorrow's headline.

HARLEY ON HOLD

Was due to return this week, pushed back another two weeks.

Where's that Melt Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back