Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Breaking news that Cardinal Pell has been charged by the police, not clear at moment on what the charges are (i saw breaking news on work tv), but no doubt related to child sex offences, probably the covering up of said offences.

Third highest ranking catholic. Will he ever come back to Aus to face the music?

EDIT: Oh my, looks like actual sexual offences himself, not covering up.
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/66c6be9e9eb0ae68e572940970c5c61b

In a media conference this morning in Melbourne, Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton confirmed Cardinal Pell had been charged with “with historical sexual assault offences” with “multiple complainants”.
He has been charged on summons to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on July 18 for a filing hearing.
“The charges were today served on Cardinal Pell’s legal representatives in Melbourne and they have been lodged also at the Melbourne Magistrates Court. Cardinal Pell is facing multiple charges in respect of historic sexual offences, “ Mr Patton said.

Odds on him ever leaving the Vatican and coming back to fight these charges? I think someone is going to be claiming serious health issues very very soon.
I'd say there's more chance of thee, and me opening the bowling at the Gabba in the first Test than Pell ever answering these charges.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Hope he comes back and appears in court.
Dont think he will. Didnt come back for an inquiry about this s**t which ruined hundreds of lives. I dont think hes shown a spine before. More then happy to be proven wrong

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I'd say there's more chance of thee, and me opening the bowling at the Gabba in the first Test than Pell ever answering these charges.
Hey that CBA expires in a couple of days...

GWBogan

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2011
Daily's Place
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
AEW, Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham
Odds on him ever leaving the Vatican and coming back to fight these charges? I think someone is going to be claiming serious health issues very very soon.
How much is Christopher Skase's wheelchair and breathing apparatus going for on eBay? Just asking for a Cardinal... I mean, friend of mine. ;)

huntingcatholics.jpg

The two Georges, Pell and Brandis seem to have little influence over our Victoria Police. :clapping::handok:

Miranda Devine in a fit of rage has lost her senses and made the perpetrators the victims with a bizarre hashtag #HuntingCatholics. Bolt and Abbott are probably curled up in the foetal position.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I wonder what the Libs think of the Victorian legal system now?

Worth quoting just for the laughs.

No chance VicPol would have pursued this unless they had a rock solid case. As others have mentioned there is almost zero possibility of him showing up to ever face them

Its a shame there isn't a hell for this campaigner to go to

They only need a reasonable case, and if it has political clout and the right hands steering it, then they don't even need that.

A lot of crap gets weeded out at committals.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 386891

The two Georges, Pell and Brandis seem to have little influence over our Victoria Police. :clapping::handok:

Miranda Devine in a fit of rage has lost her senses and made the perpetrators the victims with a bizarre hashtag #HuntingCatholics. Bolt and Abbott are probably curled up in the foetal position.
She spelled #huntingcriminals wrong?

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
View attachment 386891

That's gotta be the most bizzare response I've ever seen. Calling it a publicity stunt. Really living in an alternative reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back