Position 2017 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dees Joel Smith about 2 weeks away. Will be very handy I hope as D7/8. He's been stashed away on my bench since rd1 :'(
My stash would never last 14 odd weeks.

johnsy14

Senior List
Oct 19, 2006
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Oh and can we please all raise a glass for the dux of the 2017 rookie class in Sir Nic Newman, Has a rookie ever turned into a premo keeper before ?
I don't know what his numbers were, but I recall getting Joel Selwood in his first year and he lasted all season.

Thoughts on Witherden pulpdriver ?

Kicking is absolutely exceptional. Low and flat with lovely penetration and has had no trouble getting his hands on it in the NEAFL. Expect him to rack up effective kicks and rebound 50s. I think he'll slot in very nicely and wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get a nice run of games. I've pulled the trigger early.

Kicking is absolutely exceptional. Low and flat with lovely penetration and has had no trouble getting his hands on it in the NEAFL. Expect him to rack up effective kicks and rebound 50s. I think he'll slot in very nicely and wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get a nice run of games. I've pulled the trigger early.
That's all I need to hear. Cheers mate.

Marry me

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
http://bit.ly/2rYenvE

ACL for Quinton Narkle ($117K FWD/MID) :'(

Was unlikely to make senior debut this year anyway, now probably unlikely next year as well as he needs to focus on his ACL recovery before playing quite a lot in the VFL to build match fitness and by then it might be the end of the 2018 season.

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Fuuuuuuuuuu offf our young forwards having no luck...linc gregson cocky nackle.

Get stuffed.

Don't forget Parfitt too haha, shocking luck. Good news is Parfitt, Cocky & McCarthy all back in 1-3 weeks. Bad news is Gregson earliest Round 1 2018, Narkle earliest just before/around the mid-season byes 2018.

CanadianKanga

Senior List
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm very interestedin Cox, but I want to know more.

Reports on AFL.com say that the youngsters stepped up and that he played well. What's the word from a Freo supporter? Does he have scoring potential?

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
I'm very interestedin Cox, but I want to know more.

Reports on AFL.com say that the youngsters stepped up and that he played well. What's the word from a Freo supporter? Does he have scoring potential?

I'd be wary of Cox from a scoring potential. Could end up parked at FF and with our forward entries... seems to have pretty good footy nous though. Tall forwards are weird at Freo still.

Deluca showed a bit and probably should play (assuming the injury isn't much) but could drop out if Grey comes back soon or Bennell makes it on the park. I'd be more confident in him than Cox but I could be totally wrong as Ross may try something random.

Sam Simpson, son of Sean, has been upgraded. This is an extremely premature debut.
Has no strength to stick tackles as he's as skinny as a whippet. Looks class though so one for the future.

Scraping the barrel we are atm.

TheBeardAmigos

Brownlow Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Simpson, son of Sean, has been upgraded. This is an extremely premature debut.
Has no strength to stick tackles as he's as skinny as a whippet. Looks class though so one for the future.

Scraping the barrel we are atm.
Zach Guthrie also upgraded

watch for those 2 and Buzza to debut over the coming weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back