List Mgmt. Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now i'm a supporter, but now we are clearly 14th on the ladder, and are deadset rebuilding, what happens to Frodo ? I think we have to be ruthless, just like the 3 blokes that are getting games at other clubs.
He cannot get another contract IMO. Discuss.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A very good player, I would try to trade him but if we don't get an offer for him offer him a 1 year deal.

We have a lot of players to delist before him, but if he gets us a 2nd or 3rd round pick I would take it.

Didn't happen last year, so I'd doubt it will happen later this year.
Been a great servant, but now is the time.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
He has still got it and could be worth one more year. We have no other small forwards that are exactly keeping him out of the team. Unless they are targeting another small forward in the next draft we might as well keep him on for another year.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love what he's been able to do coming back into the side. It really shines the light back on Grey and Crozier when you compare the 3. I'm not sold on playing all 3 at once. Although given where we are can't have Ballantyne at that age taking away youth opportunities. Would still like to keep him for another year - hopefully Grey will improve playing alongside him.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Now i'm a supporter, but now we are clearly 14th on the ladder, and are deadset rebuilding, what happens to Frodo ? I think we have to be ruthless, just like the 3 blokes that are getting games at other clubs.

Ok. Do the exercise and if you can't get to ten players who should be gone before him I'd be ******* astounded.

Easily gets another year for mine.

Here's mine:

Griffin, Clarke, Dawson, Suban, Taberner Sheridan Ibbotson Spurr Yarran and Crozier. Crozier would be safe. If I had to choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep I'm all for the rebuild but another year imo. Think all the smalls in the forward line are better with his presence there. Think it takes some pressure off Walters as well. Still got a long way to go but I thought the forward's pressure was great most of today. Thought the inside 50 entries were a lot better at times too. Saw some (emphasis on some) progress up forward (finally!) and think Ballas is part of that.

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's about 10 blokes you would chop before Ballas. Is safe until the end if 2019 surely.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Keep ballas one year with the option of two ( depend on performance).

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
If we delist too many this year we'll be scraping the bottom of the draft at pick 80+ looking for replacements. Unless we have a super perceptive and switched-on recruiting team (which we don't) we are not going to uncover a load of hidden gems that far down the draft. So might as well keep a couple of older players on for another year rather than recruit a younger spud who is never going to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Wow a post I agree with you on.

Its really time to move on from him and he doesn't offer any leadership aspects either.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Depends.

One of the conditions is Bennell's hamstrings - if Bennell miraculously gets it all right then happy for him to go but TBH having him there offers a level of confidence to the other young forwards and demonstrates a high level of commitment which can only be a good for their development.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Depends.

One of the conditions is Bennell's hamstrings - if Bennell miraculously gets it all right then happy for him to go but TBH having him there offers a level of confidence to the other young forwards and demonstrates a high level of commitment which can only be a good for their development.
I thought in bennell case is his calf . Didn't know he got hammy issue as well.

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
I think we'll lose enough players already. Dawson, Ibbotson, D. Pearce, Yarran. Question marks over Suttcliffe, does Apeness continue to take up a spot, where is Zac Clarke at? Where is Sandi at? Some big question marks over enough players already.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think we'll lose enough players already. Dawson, Ibbotson, D. Pearce, Yarran. Question marks over Suttcliffe, does Apeness continue to take up a spot, where is Zac Clarke at? Where is Sandi at? Some big question marks over enough players already.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not about spots on the list as much as it's about spots on the field. Sure we have room for Ballantyne on the list, but what's the point of playing a 31-year old in a rebuild? We should be looking to develop a young player as a small forward.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Would Ballantyne be happy playing at Peel if the club choose to play a younger man? He may love it, but unless he sees himself as best 22 I think he may elect to retire.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Definitely should get a one year deal. Would prefer to pay out Danyle Pearce if we need a list spot.

We might come to some agreement with DP with regards to a mutual payout. It would be a reduced rate as another team will pick up the rest.

I have it from another poster who doesn't post on here often these days that he wants back to SA to finish his career. The only issue is an SA club wanting him as they are so strong and I doubt need him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back