List Mgmt. Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

He could finish his career in the SANFL. Realistically I can't see any AFL club would want a fringe player of his age.

We might come to some agreement with DP with regards to a mutual payout. It would be a reduced rate as another team will pick up the rest.

I have it from another poster who doesn't post on here often these days that he wants back to SA to finish his career. The only issue is an SA club wanting him as they are so strong and I doubt need him.

An AFL SA club?

Would be a fairly massive stretch you'd think seeing as he's 32 next year and unable to crack our 22.

Think he was solid for us for a few years but he's lucky to be able to retire at such a late age.

Nothing wrong with him getting a few years in domestic footy though.

Ok. Do the exercise and if you can't get to ten players who should be gone before him I'd be ******* astounded.

Easily gets another year for mine.

Here's mine:

Griffin, Clarke, Dawson, Suban, Taberner Sheridan Ibbotson Spurr Yarran and Crozier. Crozier would be safe. If I had to choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taberner stays for depth unless someone trades for him.
Spurr is no chance to leave this off season unless someone chases him. He was very good today.
Crozier is going ok and we should keep.

The rest I agree which makes 7. We only have 4 picks.

Ballas can stay next year but you obviously let him leave if you can get anything for him.

An AFL SA club?

Would be a fairly massive stretch you'd think seeing as he's 32 next year and unable to crack our 22.

Think he was solid for us for a few years but he's lucky to be able to retire at such a late age.

Nothing wrong with him getting a few years in domestic footy though.

As in I doubt he'd be getting a contract with either SA clubs as I stated but he wants to finish his career over there as he's struggling to get a game with Freo.

He would be a good fit for GWS i reckon. Stevie J will retire at the end of the year so they need a small forward. In their premiership window.

And Ballas will fit in well with their niggling im your face style the giants play with he will probably get looked after better by the umps too.

He would be a good fit for GWS i reckon. Stevie J will retire at the end of the year so they need a small forward. In their premiership window.

And Ballas will fit in well with their niggling im your face style the giants play with he will probably get looked after better by the umps too.

I don't think he'll bother moving interstate just for the sake of playing one or two extra years. He is well settled in Perth and has a property with horses and all that stuff.

Can't see a Mandurah bogan driving the ute round Western Sydney anymore than I can see why he would want to go there.
If his current form continues we won't be letting him go anywhere.

I thought the rumours about him going to West Coast last trade period was because he wasn't interested in moving anywhere, let alone Western Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about spots on the list as much as it's about spots on the field. Sure we have room for Ballantyne on the list, but what's the point of playing a 31-year old in a rebuild? We should be looking to develop a young player as a small forward.
Who? What young small forwards do we have available at Peel?

Missing so many games through injury, it can be tough. You can be 5-10% off the pace of the game and just be nowhere like Ballas was today.

At his age, I'm not sure where he's at. Not writing him off just yet though

Weird game from him. Just wasn't in it. Sick? Sore?

I reckon if Mundy had the flu - he wouldn't be the only one under the weather

Not saying Ballas was sick too, but there would have been another 3-4 players (or more) that had the flu. Would explain how we dropped off so significantly (Tommy on the bench for the second half and Hamling on one leg(hip) surely contributed as well)

Ballas was down on form, but still had some decent pressure acts. But like Mayne before him - pressure acts *shouldn't* be enough to keep your spot. Our forwards are there to kick bloody goals. Walters kicks them from the midfield. Hayden struggles in the forward line

I thought he still offerred quite a bit in terms of pressure and presence and really, while Walters is kicking goals and having the impact he is, you leave Ballantyne doing exactly what he is because it makes it -that- much harder to defend against.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back