Other Teams
Liverpool
I like to sell the farm out for Mitch.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many times did I see Suban lower his eyes and kick to advantage. I still can't believe it. He was really good.

He's always been a very good kick. His problem was only getting 4 kicks a game. If he can keep up the output he'll be very valuable.

While its being said on here a bit I think Cox has gone under the radar due to the games Darcy has played. While I've been hurt before, Cox looks like he could be that Riewoldt type player we have been trying to turn Tabs into. Smart, great user of the football for an 18 year old (18 guys and gals, he's 18) KPF and he moves around the ground so well while have the old sticky mits. His first half today was something special and the only reason he didnt tear the game apart was because of the bad corkie he copped early in the third

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I'm one to generally keep a lid on it when it comes to young players, but I can't remember the last time I was so excited to see a player in Darcy and Cox. Of course they've got a ways to got, but they are bona fide natural footballers. Cox needs to mature a bit to get with the pace of the game (not just that run down which should not have happened), but that is likely to come. Darcy needs to build an ability to work the length of the field from beginning to end - but those things can be done. Footy smarts, basic AFL level skills and hunger for the contests all in a tall package, that doesn't come so easy as we've seen. So excited.

I'm one to generally keep a lid on it when it comes to young players, but I can't remember the last time I was so excited to see a player in Darcy and Cox. Of course they've got a ways to got, but they are bona fide natural footballers. Cox needs to mature a bit to get with the pace of the game (not just that run down which should not have happened), but that is likely to come. Darcy needs to build an ability to work the length of the field from beginning to end - but those things can be done. Footy smarts, basic AFL level skills and hunger for the contests all in a tall package, that doesn't come so easy as we've seen. So excited.
I find it easier to just blame Neale for not telling him to move it on, keeps the hype levels high and Neale has infinite brownie points anyway

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Got the best coach in the league:D
Best game plan you mean! Perfect mix of accelerating the defenders by conceding heaps of i50's, building mid and fwd tanks by making them flood and slingshot, whilst securing draft picks. I love it!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
We are likely to have pick 2,3 or 4.

I hope by selling the farm your not referring to that's pick??
I am happy to take the risk and throw that pick to GC , if Charlie Cameron really interested in going back to QLD and work out a three way deal .
Freo record at getting thing right in second and third is better than first round.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
I am happy to take the risk and throw that pick to GC , if Charlie Cameron really interested in going back to QLD and work out a three way deal .
Freo record at getting thing right in second and third is better than first round.
Oi take it to the trade thread.

And positives: We have the best Cox in the league

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Joao Just posted a great point in the autopsy thread that I think deserves another mention.

Seriously, the mids/forward connecting will be the last thing that clicks. At least we can get it out of the back half now.

Remember last year and even the end of 2015. We just couldn't work the ball out the backline however hard we tried. 90% of the time we would end up long bombing down the line because we couldn't work the ball out by hand/foot. Our last 4-5 games have shown the we've overcome that now, Blakely/Weller/Ryan are moving the ball well out the backline and taking the risky kicks down the corridor. Not sure adding Spurr helps this but staying on the positive trend at least the kids coming through are leading the way.

The issue has moved further up field now to the last kick inside 50. While the delivery today was poor I still think the forward setup is the bigger issue. But it's clear we have improved on our biggest issue last year. We're now one of the biggest users of the corridor out the backline. Progress is being made.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dawson has gone to another country to try another sport out

Seriously i see some resemblance

Attachments

• 20170716_212512.jpg
    20170716_212512.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 9