Movie Weirdest Movies You Have Seen

Sep 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Holy mountain was a big wtf. I watched a similar surrealist spanish movie some time ago on SBS too, it was actually quite good but damned if I remember the title.

Hmm, most recent Spanish ones matching that description that I can remember are 'The Virgin of Lust' and 'The Adventures of God'. Both were equally wtf, but as we all know SBS is like the European farmyard of Dr. Moreau, so iono :confused:

Invigoration

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 19, 2005
Balls deep
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordy Russell's kickouts
Watched it and have left it sitting on my IQ2 for about 6 months. Just can't bring myself to delete it.

I watched 'The Nines' today with Ryan Reynolds. Very weird movie. Was watching it on and off and got a little lost at times but when I read viewer reviews on IMDb, it is universally thought of as a work of genius it seems. Will have to sit down and watch it again from start to finish to pick up the subtleties.

Yeah I gave this bad boy the flick after about 20 minutes. I would need some pretty strong convincing about the worth of actually watching the whole thing.

Conan Troutman

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I watched Audition last night for the first time... weird that I've missed it for so long since I'm into the extreme Asian fare.

The thing everyone says about this movie is that you should go into it knowing nothing whatsoever. Well I can't disagree with that but I knew basically everything about it, and it still blew me away. Suffice to say it's one of the most jaw-dropping gearshift movies ever made: an austere, Ozu-style romantic comedy/drama for the first half then the most downright ****ing ghastly horror movie you can imagine in the second. Great, crazy stuff.

Audition is a great movie. Seen a few of Miike's movies, but that is easily his best in my opinion. The gearshift certainly adds to the impact I reckon. Have seen more extreme movies, but Audition is one of the few that had me squirming in my seat. It still works knowing about it, but imagine watching it without knowing anything, just coming across it on sbs or something, thinking it's a romantic comedy.

Have you seen Kairo (Pulse)? Not an extreme one, but slightly weird. More like Ringu and The Eye, but much better. That and Audition would be my favourite asian horror movies. There's a remake called Pulse, which is a piece of crap - removed what made the original so good imo.

(nice avatar too btw. speaking of great movies :thumbsu:)

Conan Troutman

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Speaking of Asian horror, Uzumaki was a weird one thought.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out the trailer - bacially a town and it's people are overtaken by spirals (not a typo ;))

uzumakieliteentertainme.jpg

[YOUTUBE]fd8a6BJT2cc[/YOUTUBE]

Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sante Sangre.
Flashbacks/Flashforwards. Circus freaks.

Psycho-Hitchcock/Marcel Marceau ripoffs.

Claudio Argento, Roberto Leoni and Alejandro Jodorowsky wrote and directed this Italian/Mexican classic.

Well done. I was about to post but I thought I better check the thread. one of the those movies where you come out and say 'what the * was that all about?'

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lost Highway
Cool World
Fantastic Mr Fox - Weird in that the animals have all these western creature comforts including newspapers, motorbikes, sports, law and lawyers, etc yet the whole premise of the movie is based on the idea they've never thought to cultivate their own food.
Island of Dr Moreau (1996)

Some weird movie a guy at work recommended years ago
All I remember is some young guy living with his grand parents and treating them like absolute s**t and he was having a wank with a belt around his neck tired to the door handle in his bedroom
******* weird ass movie....was a lot of scenes in a skate park
I remember the ending but won't give it away
Strange s**t

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
The weirdest movie I have seen that I really like is the infamous 2001 comedy Freddy Got Fingered.

The film is so bizarre that it really is a work of art. That it offended so many people - movie goers, film critics, animal lovers and the PC Brigade - and so many flat out hate it makes it funnier still.

The antics of the lead character Gord (played by Tom Green) and other characters most notably Gord's father who goes around chasing people are just so outrageous that they have to be seen to be believed.

Back