Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

LI, are there any plans to mark the 30th anniversary of the Bears playing their 1st game? Maybe a jersey for one of the home games or something of that ilk?

Using this pic as a point of reference only, but why do our jumpers have a Lions watermark throughout them? Is it insisted on by the club or manufacturers? Most people I know, including myself, really don't like it.

Hello, the reason for this is to separate the On Field guernseys which the boys wear from the Retail guernseys which customer’s purchase. I believe most clubs do this so it’s not uncommon. It basically prevents fake copies being made.

Lions_Insider its great that the club sends members an email if they don't attend a game getting feedback on why.

It gave my wife a chance to mention something that had bothered her for a while. That is the poor parents facilities at the Gabba. I appreciate that the club has limited scope to do much about the Gabba but as a major tenant, I think they could do more to advocate for a better deal on this.

Firstly, the changing facilities are extremely limited and, well, kinda gross. We sit in section 67 and To change our 18 month old me or my wife has to carry him the distance to the stairs, carry him downstairs (a bit dangerous, especially when wet) and then use the "parents room" near gate 9 which is nothing more than basically a smelly disabled toilet with a flimsy fold down plastic change table. There is a chair in there if you need to sit and settle your child but gross, who would want to, let alone breast feed.

There is also usually a queue for these limited facilities too, so you're basically committed to miss about 15 minutes of the game at least.

We can do the 2 minute dash to the members bar to get a beer and miss nothing due to the TV screens everywhere but if you need to go change, settle or feed your kid, tough bikkies it seems.

My wife has emailed the club in the past to find out who to talk to about it but has received no real response. She has also tried to reach out to the Women of the Pride to see if they can advocate for a better deal. You'd think this would be right in their sphere of interest but seemingly not. More interested in networking, exchanging business cards and expanding their LinkedIn profiles perhaps?

The long and the short of it is that we pay 1000 dollars a year for premium September memberships. Obviously night games are out and that's a reasonable sacrifice for us to make. Parents can't have it all. But even for the day and Twilight games now one of us has stayed home because the facilities and resulting experience are just terrible if you have a small kid. It's sad because the Lion Park stuff beforehand is fantastic for them but all bets are off once you go through the turnstiles. It really doesn't have to be that way.

Of all the various spaces around, is there nowhere that could be allocated as a "parent lounge"? Would only need a few comfy seats, some toys and a TV screen showing the game. Just need a nearby usher to ensure people are using it for the intended purpose.

We're basically making a $500 a year donation to the club at this point in unused seats. Does that buy us a courtesy response at least? The AFL talks a big game about embracing women but it's not always backed up.
This is now a big concern of mine as well. Also in Section 67, and we were hoping to bring our little one along to a few games from this year onward. But if there's sweet F.A facilities at the Gabba then that's a real dealbreaker for us. I'm glad you've brought this up TBD, I hope LI responds to this soon.

Sorry to intrude by I know somebody who is exceptional in this field. What did you specifically have in mind and I can either ask or forward you on his details.

He may not be accomodating but I could ask.

This is great and exactly what we're looking for. It'd be great if you can please ask? And you can send us an email at socialmedia@lions.com.au

Do we have any creatives here? Specifically good at drawing caricatures? We're in search of a specific caricature for an upcoming banner and we'd love a fan to have the opportunity to create this. If you yourself, or know of anyone keen, let us know!

Here's some I did for the Club Auction back in 2000.

upload_2017-7-3_14-21-0.png upload_2017-7-3_14-20-52.png upload_2017-7-3_14-21-6.png

LI, are there any plans to mark the 30th anniversary of the Bears playing their 1st game? Maybe a jersey for one of the home games or something of that ilk?

We celebrated this anniversary in Round 1 v Gold Coast SUNS at Metricon (Carrara) as well as a 30th Anniversary function on Saturday 1 April ahead of our first home game (Round 2 v Essendon) - details here: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-01-25/30year-bears-anniversary. From all reports, it was a successful event!

We also launched the new Bears-inspired clash guernsey earlier this year which we've worn a number of times this season - http://www.lions.com.au/clash

We celebrated this anniversary in Round 1 v Gold Coast SUNS at Metricon (Carrara) as well as a 30th Anniversary function on Saturday 1 April ahead of our first home game (Round 2 v Essendon) - details here: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-01-25/30year-bears-anniversary. From all reports, it was a successful event!

We also launched the new Bears-inspired clash guernsey earlier this year which we've worn a number of times this season - http://www.lions.com.au/clash

I saw the event and figured it would be the first of a few events. May have misjudged that one.

As for the clash jersey, I love it, but the Brisbane Bears inspired jersey doesn't get worn in Brisbane...

Hello, the reason for this is to separate the On Field guernseys which the boys wear from the Retail guernseys which customer’s purchase. I believe most clubs do this so it’s not uncommon. It basically prevents fake copies being made.
If the club has any of the "old" blue BLK media polos with the lion water mark, like those worn by the recruiting staff at last years draft, I'd be keen to buy a size small.

Hi Lions_Insider , I'm someone who loves watching the reserves streams, but find it disappointing so few games get streamed. I understand cost wise it may not be something the club can afford, but is something like putting replays up on youtube an option that could be done for games not streamed?
The live streams are run through the NEAFL however we have uploaded the full match footage in the past and it's always been very popular! We did have some technical difficulties in uploading these files however are looking into find a better solution for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The live streams are run through the NEAFL however we have uploaded the full match footage in the past and it's always been very popular! We did have some technical difficulties in uploading these files however are looking into find a better solution for this.

Glad to hear, I know a lot of us on here would love to watch them if you find a suitable way :)

Lions_Insider its great that the club sends members an email if they don't attend a game getting feedback on why.

It gave my wife a chance to mention something that had bothered her for a while. That is the poor parents facilities at the Gabba. I appreciate that the club has limited scope to do much about the Gabba but as a major tenant, I think they could do more to advocate for a better deal on this.

Firstly, the changing facilities are extremely limited and, well, kinda gross. We sit in section 67 and To change our 18 month old me or my wife has to carry him the distance to the stairs, carry him downstairs (a bit dangerous, especially when wet) and then use the "parents room" near gate 9 which is nothing more than basically a smelly disabled toilet with a flimsy fold down plastic change table. There is a chair in there if you need to sit and settle your child but gross, who would want to, let alone breast feed.

There is also usually a queue for these limited facilities too, so you're basically committed to miss about 15 minutes of the game at least.

We can do the 2 minute dash to the members bar to get a beer and miss nothing due to the TV screens everywhere but if you need to go change, settle or feed your kid, tough bikkies it seems.

My wife has emailed the club in the past to find out who to talk to about it but has received no real response. She has also tried to reach out to the Women of the Pride to see if they can advocate for a better deal. You'd think this would be right in their sphere of interest but seemingly not. More interested in networking, exchanging business cards and expanding their LinkedIn profiles perhaps?

The long and the short of it is that we pay 1000 dollars a year for premium September memberships. Obviously night games are out and that's a reasonable sacrifice for us to make. Parents can't have it all. But even for the day and Twilight games now one of us has stayed home because the facilities and resulting experience are just terrible if you have a small kid. It's sad because the Lion Park stuff beforehand is fantastic for them but all bets are off once you go through the turnstiles. It really doesn't have to be that way.

Of all the various spaces around, is there nowhere that could be allocated as a "parent lounge"? Would only need a few comfy seats, some toys and a TV screen showing the game. Just need a nearby usher to ensure people are using it for the intended purpose.

We're basically making a $500 a year donation to the club at this point in unused seats. Does that buy us a courtesy response at least? The AFL talks a big game about embracing women but it's not always backed up.

Thanks for your message and for bringing this to our attention. I'd love to help out so I've contacted a few people to see what we can do. Will keep you posted.

Hi Lions_Insider, younger brother was playing at the QISSRL Confraternity tournament down at Banyo last week and went to go watch some of his matches. Walked past the ACU medical tents that was set up and couldn't help but noticing on the three days I went, there was always at least one person there wearing the Hyundai Help for Kids Lions jacket. Was just wondering whether this was just pure coincidence or whether they were youngsters climbing through the ranks to become physios at the club?
I've asked around and it seems it could've just been one of our casual sports trainers/fitness staff from the Lions Academy as they don't have a partnership with ACU.

Hi L_I,
I love this initiative of contract with the fans.
I didn't know how best to let media dept know, but since you are so responsive...

The numbers on the Hyundai highlights last bullet point need checking. They should be 42 & 45 rather than 27 & 31 respectively.

Keep up the great work
Go Lions!☺

Hi Lions_Insider - Rohan Bewick's 100th game this week. Anything planned for the banner? Around the club?
Definitely! Once the team is finalised we'll put all our plans in place - usually we catch up with milestone players for an interview, put a highlights package together and they feature on the banner!

Definitely! Once the team is finalised we'll put all our plans in place - usually we catch up with milestone players for an interview, put a highlights package together and they feature on the banner!
Outstanding! Rohan has a lot of fans on our board and we are pleased to see him working back into form. Thought his game on the weekend against Essendon was really good. I'll keep a lookout on the Lions Website.

Hi L_I,
I love this initiative of contract with the fans.
I didn't know how best to let media dept know, but since you are so responsive...

The numbers on the Hyundai highlights last bullet point need checking. They should be 42 & 45 rather than 27 & 31 respectively.

Keep up the great work
Go Lions!☺
Hey hey! Thanks for that, not sure how that one slipped through but appreciate the extra set of eyes over it. It has now been updated :)

Hi all,

We're looking for volunteers to assist us with selling the 50-50 raffle on game day.

The raffle is a fundraiser for the Brisbane Lions with funds going towards the Lions Academy, Elite Training & Admin and Women's Football. In the 50-50 Raffle, one person wins 50% of the prize pool in the random draw at the end of the game. The remaining 50% raised goes towards the Hyundai Help for Kids Lions Academy.

We are looking for volunteers for the Round 21 match v SUNS on Saturday 12 August.

Volunteers will work in pairs to sell the electronic tickets. All training is provided - and a polo will be provided - volunteers just need to wear black pants and comfortable shoes. The shift would run from 2.30pm until approx. 6.30pm.

If you or someone you know can assist, please let us know by emailing socialmedia@lions.com.au

Regards,
Lions Insider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back