Movie Weirdest Movies You Have Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Can i throw a hilarious weird candidate out there? The Room. To paraphrase BT, it CAN'T be deliberately this bad!

Eraserhead, Inland Empire, and a lot of David Lynch shorts have plenty of moments that make you go wtf.

You know that Alejandro Jodorowsky is back making movies right? He's released The Dance of Reality & Endless Poetry in the past few years and time certainly hasn't changed his ways. I haven't seen Endless Poetry yet but it has got great reviews. The Dance of Reality was very good if not quite at the level of his older work.
Yes I had heard, but I haven't seen either film yet.

I've seen Alucarda as well, pretty cool movie. Never thought I'd see it mentioned on BigFooty. If you haven't seen it check out Satan's Blood (1974), similar themes and a great little movie.
I have heard of Satan's Blood (I think it was released in 1978), but I haven't seen it, it was one that my late wife and I wanted to see, but never got the chance.

My friend in Perth took me to a screening of this when I was on holiday over there.

Was the most bizzare/weird/hilarious experience ever.
There's a cinema in Sydney that does monthly showing of The Room. People are given plastic spoons to throw at the screen. 10000 of them. It's on tonight actually shame I'm a sucker and watching the doggies.

Edited 6 minutes into Q4: should have gone.

Last edited:
Can i throw a hilarious weird candidate out there? The Room. To paraphrase BT, it CAN'T be deliberately this bad!

Eraserhead, Inland Empire, and a lot of David Lynch shorts have plenty of moments that make you go wtf.

You know you've seen The Room too many times when you say "hai doggy" to every dog you see.

There's a cinema in Sydney that does monthly showing of The Room. People are given plastic spoons to throw at the screen. 10000 of them. It's on tonight actually shame I'm a sucker and watching the doggies.

Edited 6 minutes into Q4: should have gone.

Yes! The spoons lmfao- I saw it like over 7 years ago now. I remember the spoons and all those shots of the bloody Golden Gate Bridge.

Can you explain the context of the spoons again, when/why were they thrown in the air?

And yup you should have :p

Yes! The spoons lmfao- I saw it like over 7 years ago now. I remember the spoons and all those shots of the bloody Golden Gate Bridge.

Can you explain the context of the spoons again, when/why were they thrown in the air?

And yup you should have :p
Johnny's apartment has random pictures of spoons as decoration. Not a major plot point think people just wanted to throw something harmless. When are they thrown? Anytime you want, no holds barred

Golden Gate Bridge "go go go go go go go go..."

I'd give the nod to a 70's sci fi/horror movie series called Phantasm A very weird experience.

I just watched this and can't figure out if it's awesome or terrible. The production quality, acting, editing etc is laughable. But that doesn't necessarily make a movie bad for me if the premise is ok especially with horror and SciFi. The ending was a bit disappointing.

Some others for this thread are Human Nature with Rhys Ifans and Patricia Arquette, Being John Malkovich and I Heart Huckabee's. All great and weird films.

Not as weird as Holy Mountain or Eraserhead but still out there.

Another one for the list - I'm stuck in bed sick and watched The Puppet Master this morning (1989 not the 1994 one). Was actually quite cool and entertaining. There's a bunch of sequels including one from a couple of years back where the puppets are little Nazis or something. Will watch the 2nd and see if the rest are worth it

Upstream Color. 2nd movie from the guy who made Primer in his garage for about $5K, which is one of the best time travel movies I've seen. Don't know if I'd recommend his 2nd effort :think:

I love Upstream Colour even more than Primer which is brilliant.

I recently watched the Banana Splits horror movie. When I woke up the next day I thought I might have dreamed the whole thing, but no it is real. Interestingly, the Banana Splits movie is filmed in South Africa and many of the actors are South African, but it seems to be set in America.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting choices in here. I understand why some people find movies like The Lobster, Tree Of Life or Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind weird, but I think they are all fantastic and just a different way to tell a story rather than being outright weird. I'd leave that for movies by David Lynch :). I still haven't managed to get through Eraserhead and I have no idea what the hell was going on in Mulholland Drive.

Also, surprised no-one has nominated this classic yet:

1572822533055.png

Some interesting choices in here. I understand why some people find movies like The Lobster, Tree Of Life or Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind weird, but I think they are all fantastic and just a different way to tell a story rather than being outright weird. I'd leave that for movies by David Lynch :). I still haven't managed to get through Eraserhead and I have no idea what the hell was going on in Mulholland Drive.

Also, surprised no-one has nominated this classic yet:

View attachment 774165
Teen flick from early 80's Shite rather than weird..

Eternal Sunshine of Spotless mind is not weird.
Just different.

Of David Lynch movies,, Blue Velvet is ******* weird...
Dennis Hopper character... WTF? Seriously

Eraserhead certainly weird.

But i really think some of weirdest movies I seen come from my own country.
As a kid I remember seeing The Cars the Ate Paris on tv one night and got people from my own nation acting but I got no idea what is going on lol
Just ******* weird.
That generation of Aussies and lots of their movies were ******* weird.

Boxing Helena is a weird move from early 90s or late 80's... but Cars that Ate Paris is weirder to me than something like David Lynch Mullholland Drive

I still not seen Lost Highway or Inland Empire of David Lynch movies.
I liked Elephant Man, Wild at Heart and Fire Walk With me but I worry Lost Highway and Inland Empire might be more like Eraserhead which was just disturbing. Mullholand Drive was interesting but not enjoyable imo. Blue Velvet was weird but the type of weird that had me intrigued into the strange world of their characters but is just ******* weird with Dennis Hopper character. Seriously ****ed up character.

Some interesting choices in here. I understand why some people find movies like The Lobster, Tree Of Life or Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind weird, but but I think they are all fantastic and just a different way to tell a story rather than being outright weird.

I loved all these 3 movies but I would only class The Lobster as weird.

The only thing weird about Weird Science is the title. Why wouldn't teenage boys invent a perfect woman who would want to have sex with them? Then it all goes wrong...

Swiss Army Man was pretty weird. Also Mother!

Teen flick from early 80's Shite rather than weird..

Eternal Sunshine of Spotless mind is not weird.
Just different.

Of David Lynch movies,, Blue Velvet is ******* weird...
Dennis Hopper character... WTF? Seriously

Eraserhead certainly weird.

But i really think some of weirdest movies I seen come from my own country.
As a kid I remember seeing The Cars the Ate Paris on tv one night and got people from my own nation acting but I got no idea what is going on lol
Just ******* weird.
That generation of Aussies and lots of their movies were ******* weird.

Boxing Helena is a weird move from early 90s or late 80's... but Cars that Ate Paris is weirder to me than something like David Lynch Mullholland Drive

I still not seen Lost Highway or Inland Empire of David Lynch movies.
I liked Elephant Man, Wild at Heart and Fire Walk With me but I worry Lost Highway and Inland Empire might be more like Eraserhead which was just disturbing. Mullholand Drive was interesting but not enjoyable imo. Blue Velvet was weird but the type of weird that had me intrigued into the strange world of their characters but is just ******* weird with Dennis Hopper character. Seriously f’ed up character.

You should watch Lost Highway.

I will at some point but need to be in right mood to sit through that journey.
I pray it is more like Fire Walk with Me than Eraserhead...lol

Yeah it is, I don't think any feature films he's done have really been much like Eraserhead, lost highway fits in more with blue velvet, Mulholland drive and fire walk with me

What is the weirdest movie you have seen that involves a cat in the leading role?

You might have been a fan of the stage musical 'Cats' and gone to see the 2019 movie musical Cats around Christmas time and found out the hard way that it is not only the leading contender for the worst stage musical adaptation to a movie, but possibly the worst movie musical ever made, making 'From Justin to Kelly' look like 'Singin' In The Rain'.

Alternately, the weirdest cat movie you might have seen might have been the 2004 adaptation of 'The Cat In The Hat', a movie with Mike Meyers in the titular role. This was the funny Mike Meyers not the scary one, but this movie terrorized many young children who watched it and it so outraged Audrey Giesel, the widow of Doctor Seuss, that she called in her lawyers and took court action to prevent any more of her late husband's works being adapted into live action films. You may have been one of the small children traumatized by this film, you may have been a teenager babysitting younger siblings or cousins who were forced to sit through this or you may have been a parent or grandparent who took the kids to see it and wondered WTF you were watching, I'm not sure.

But even if you saw Cats in 2019 and The Cat In The Hat 2004, if you watched the 2015 movie 'Cool Cat Saves The Kids' then you might be reconsidering what is the weirdest cat movie of all time. This bizarre film is definitely low budget - the shadows of crew and equipment can be seen in various scenes and the acting is atrocious - but it is just so outright strange you have to wonder if it is actually real. Basically, Cool Cat Saves The Kids is a movie where an anthropomorphic cat - Cool Cat - saves children from bullies, or to be specific one bully.

There is so much wrong with this film that I would be here to midnight if I was to list all of them, so I'll try and pick out some of the more glaring ones. The Cool Cat character is over 6 feet tall and it is ambiguous if he is supposed to be a child himself or fully grown (in one scene Cool Cat drives a car, yet in others it is suggested that he attends elementary school). His parents are an anthropomorphic female cat and a male human called 'Daddy Derek'. I won't even go there. Despite being made in 2015 and clearly set in that year by the technology, the overall movie looks like it was made somewhere between 1998-2003. One of Cool Cat's friends, a young girl named Maria, uses the expression 'groovy' (outdated since the 1970s), as well as skipping down the street when she comes to visit Cool Cat. Butch the Bully acts like a pantomime villain and is a fat kid that looks like the type of child that bullies smaller and younger kids at his elementary school, but lives in abject terror of the real bullies from middle and high school. This kid also uses the expression 'punked', which hasn't been used since at least the late 2000s. As for Cool Cat himself, he becomes very excited about using the internet, the way kids would be in circa 1995-1997.

In one scene Cool Cat is hanging out with Maria and the young girl receives an email from an unknown person. Cool Cat encourages her to open the email, suggesting that she might have won a prize. Yeah, really good advice, and not the first and last piece of bad advice in the film. In the same sequence, Cool Cat declares 'I'm Cool Cat, and I love all kids!' If Cool Cat Saves The Kids was some obscure film from 1975 of which a poor quality copy was uploaded onto Youtube this line would be highlighted and mocked as how the world was different back then and a more innocent time, much like the 'Thank Heavens For Little Girls' musical number from 1958 musical Gigi where an elderly man sings this song in a children's playground. But while I'm 100% sure that this line was perfectly innocent, seriously didn't anyone say it aloud beforehand and think how inappropriate it was in the present day?

Overall, Cool Cat Saves The Kids looks like some film student project where the assignment was to deliberately make a bad film, but it is most definitely not the case, and there was some unpleasantness between those who created it and some online film reviewers who gave it negative reviews in Youtube videos. If you want a laugh, check out some of these videos and the scathing reviews of the film on IMDB, they are hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back