Preview Changes/preview v Freo | Ben10/Frog/Jy/Nielson 4 W80/Jmac/Wood/Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am hearing he could be traded if the deal is right.... Boyd, Tippet or V for Vickery would get the deal done. Although if we swap him with Vickery we'll probably throw in our first rounder, just cause it's Hawthorn
Vickery????? Surely not, would be a ****ing terrible decision. I'd take Maj every day of the week over that potato (if potatoes could extort)

Vickery????? Surely not, would be a ****ing terrible decision. I'd take Maj every day of the week over that potato (if potatoes could extort)

Ha no need to panic, that was ol NN playing mind games ya see those three spuds aren't any better than Daw. They just earn millions between them for being average. And cost a pretty penny at draft time.

It was a silver linings post :)

Cunners, dumont, zieball and swallow all playing then. ****en hell. The hill brothers will get 70+ possessions between them
oh the irony of this mid field with goldie - we thought it would lead us to glory a few years back ..now we are taking the piss with it in the hope of pick 1.

I can't ****ing stand posters like you, so stuck on your own personal vendetta that you are literally delusional. Brad IS playing the kids ffs, at least the ones who are performing. Do you seriously advocate picking someone who is playing poorly in the VFL?? That would literally be tanking, the very idea of which makes me want to throw up. There are maybe two blokes who deserve to be picked and haven't been, and at a stretch a couple more who are thereabouts but not knocking the door down. Preuss you could mount the strongest case for, although he was injured last week, Zurhaar 2nd however he simply isn't fit enough. At a stretch, maybe Larkey and Fordham could be given a game, but both have clear deficiencies in their game which mean they probably aren't ready for the top level. Who else is there?? Durdin, Anderson and Clarke are all badly put of form. Have a look at who is in the ones: Nielson, Simpkin, Mountford, Dumont, Wagner and Hibberd are the "kids" who are in form and guess what, Brad picks them. So if you want to spout s**t, go to the Bye Bye Brad thread were us posters who actually bother thinking about football don't have to read the same bullshit posts every ****ing week.

Rant over ;)

You don't think the older players are given more credits at selection in spite of a stated reset policy?

Ie we're not simply "playing the kids".

'Playing the kids' is a relative term - relative to our last few years yes we are doing that.

Relative to what other clubs are doing - which is the only way these things should be measured - we are NOT doing it.

The stats don't lie - despite what a lot of posters on here think - we have played on average an old side this year - in the top 20% of the comp.

Durdin will start rocketing up the charts now. You wanted Neilson delisted a couple of months ago. How's that going ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i still think he needs to show more, hasn't played a game in 3 years at the club until this weekend

There's a reason Clarke was dropped and if he doesn't improve on it he will continue to find himself in the same position. 0 tackles last week for a guy that got to play in the midfield the whole game isn't good enough and it's definitely not the first time it has happened with him.

I really like his offensive side - it seems very natural and he is a good decision maker but he currently doesn't play enough defence.

Swallow is not the future but we all know he at least tackles his heart out and those sort of actions get you games. Hence why I think Simpkin is in this week. We know he will throw his body at a tackle and Scott does too. Mix that with amazing lateral movement and he gets in over Clarke this week.

You do realise that Lindsay only got 1 tackle last week?

Mountford hibberd Wagner Neilson Simpkin all in the side I'm super happy with that EVW and pruess could easily be in that side along with Clarke and that's where our rebuild is at and I like it get kelly and that will be a batch of quality young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i still think he needs to show more, hasn't played a game in 3 years at the club until this weekend
unnamed (33).gif

So many things wrong with this post. Shaking my god damn head. Okay:

1. When do KPP's ever get played straight away? Very rare unless you're towards the bottom of the ladder or an extremely good talent (lever).
2. We've had the 2nd most consistent defender in the comp (over the last 2.5 years) playing in the position he plays.
3. He needed a knee reconstruction so he missed his entire first year at North. He didn't return until ~RD 6 last year. Takes a while to come back from that, especially when you are still undersized.
4. We have been playing finals football. You don't pick a 20yr old defender just coming back from a knee reconstruction over experienced defenders in firrito and thompson.

I'm looking forward to the game, some forced changes will see some different faces in different roles. We will have to be smarter the way we go into the forward 50.

'Playing the kids' is a relative term - relative to our last few years yes we are doing that.

Relative to what other clubs are doing - which is the only way these things should be measured - we are NOT doing it.

The stats don't lie - despite what a lot of posters on here think - we have played on average an old side this year - in the top 20% of the comp.
You make a fair point regarding being "relative" to other clubs however we dont have a team of young high draft picks running round in the bees. Just a bunch of speculative picks which chances are many will simply just not good enough.

View attachment 389901

So many things wrong with this post. Shaking my god damn head. Okay:

1. When do KPP's ever get played straight away? Very rare unless you're towards the bottom of the ladder or an extremely good talent (lever).
2. We've had the 2nd most consistent defender in the comp (over the last 2.5 years) playing in the position he plays.
3. He needed a knee reconstruction so he missed his entire first year at North. He didn't return until ~RD 6 last year. Takes a while to come back from that, especially when you are still undersized.
4. We have been playing finals football. You don't pick a 20yr old defender just coming back from a knee reconstruction over experienced defenders in firrito and thompson.
I sometimes wonder why I am here when I see such the post you replied to only to realise why when I see some common sense spoken back in reply.

I'm looking forward to the game, some forced changes will see some different faces in different roles. We will have to be smarter the way we go into the forward 50.

Yeah playing Fremantle has a bit more interest and excitement to it than taking on the Gold Coast, for mine.

Or maybe it's just the Sandgroper in me.

You do realise that Lindsay only got 1 tackle last week?

Clarke has barely shown a defensive side thus far in his career. Lindsay has applied huge amounts of pressure and tackles in his.

Clarke was dropped for playing poor defence in the midfield last week which he unfortunately has a habit of doing. Lindsay has proven over his career he knows how to play defence.

I like Clarke and think he will be good for us but if he won't apply afl level defence he can't play in the team

Clarke has barely shown a defensive side thus far in his career. Lindsay has applied huge amounts of pressure and tackles in his.

Clarke was dropped for playing poor defence in the midfield last week which he unfortunately has a habit of doing. Lindsay has proven over his career he knows how to play defence.

I like Clarke and think he will be good for us but if he won't apply afl level defence he can't play in the team

Same standards should apply to all players.

Yeah he really should have played through his knee reco.
His vfl form has been an upwards spiral since basically starting his career last season. I couldn't have really asked for much more in terms of his development to be honest. He has been on the list for 2.5 years. He has been playing for just over 1 season on field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am surprised how many people are still arguing that because our "average age" is still relatively high compared to other teams in the competition, we are not playing enough young players.

Personally, I think the average age statistic is irrelevant. Last year we were significantly the oldest team in the comp. While a lot of the older players departed, we still have quite a few on the list, and we know that by next year a number of them will depart as well.

The list regeneration was always going to be a multiple year cycle. This year is only phase one. The numbers do not look great compared to other teams, but internally, we have made significant inroads this year and we will again this coming off-season.

Good changes for mine. Really looking forward to seeing Nielson in action and Jy back in the seniors. Would have liked us to unleash the Zurhaar but still a nice reward for effort and will push him to work even harder at VFL level knowing he is closer to an AFL debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back