Opinion Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree, except if someone is a late withdrawal. Which is what a travelling emergency is for. Hopefully not used, but would be the best in available if someone doesn't get up.

Well yeah, I know that's why they travel an emergency haha.
I would rather it be someone else but, Cause if Nyhius doesn't play at Freo he's less likely next week too due to a week out. More beneficial to keep dominating at Peel

Here is a thought totally from left field; maybe Nyhuis isn't playing this weekend because he isn't ready and he has some parts of this game he still needs to improve on???

Let's not kid ourselves, nearly every "young" player on our list has been given a crack and nearly all are playing this week. All 4 of our draftees this year are playing. Could it be that the coaching staff feel Nyhuis needs to improve before they gift him a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understanding Nyhuis has been performing well at Peel for a large number of weeks - but I haven't been to games.

Based on reports his story would be similar to Balic, Ryan and Cox - blokes who strung together solid performances for weeks getting a call up. Based on that logic he could've had a go this week, and Sheridan certainly could've come out.

On the other hand - we only just lost to Saints last week who are finals competitive, and with Hill and Blakely back in maybe there's not too much need to making wholesale changes.

He'll make his debut. Bookmark it.

Sandilands out, but he was out at the beginning of he game last week, so doesn't need to be replaced by a ruckman (and we don't have an in form ruckman to replace him - sorry Griff) - Blakely
Spurr out, so needs a defender to replace him - Hill?
McCarthy out, so needs a mobile tall forward to replace him - Kersten. I reckon Cox is keeping Taberner out.

I think that Nyhuis will only come in if one of Stephen Hill (is he fit yet?), Sheridan or Logue doesn't get up.

Well yeah, I know that's why they travel an emergency haha.
I would rather it be someone else but, Cause if Nyhius doesn't play at Freo he's less likely next week too due to a week out. More beneficial to keep dominating at Peel

It's a dilemma. Do you bet against a late withdrawal and have only a Viv Michie available, or do you give the next best player a run with the twos to further their development?

If we see Crozier in defense, it'll make sense. Or maybe they felt they had too many defenders in the 22. Time will tell.
Abbasolutely. More consistent down back and a second left footer who can kick the ball out of D50.

With ballas Sony and grey up forward surplus to requirements and besides spends too much time going for the big hang but only landing on his head empty handed.

Abbasolutely. More consistent down back and a second left footer who can kick the ball out of D50.

With ballas Sony and grey up forward surplus to requirements and besides spends too much time going for the big hang but only landing on his head empty handed.
Sonny needs to keep playing significant midfield minutes. His class is of much more use around the ball where he kicks it 18 times compared to the forward line where he touches it 10 times.

He is a midfield jet and still kicks goals. Probably more because he doesn't have a permanent defender stationed on him. Could easily kick 40 in a season from midfield. Unless he starts getting tagged of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandilands out, but he was out at the beginning of he game last week, so doesn't need to be replaced by a ruckman (and we don't have an in form ruckman to replace him - sorry Griff) - Blakely
Spurr out, so needs a defender to replace him - Hill?
McCarthy out, so needs a mobile tall forward to replace him - Kersten. I reckon Cox is keeping Taberner out.

I think that Nyhuis will only come in if one of Stephen Hill (is he fit yet?), Sheridan or Logue doesn't get up.
I think the first pairs are the other way.

Spurr out, replace with Blakely who has played back a few weeks ago.
Sandi out, replace with a mid (Hill) for run

Sonny needs to keep playing significant midfield minutes. His class is of much more use around the ball where he kicks it 18 times compared to the forward line where he touches it 10 times.

He is a midfield jet and still kicks goals. Probably more because he doesn't have a permanent defender stationed on him. Could easily kick 40 in a season from midfield. Unless he starts getting tagged of course.

This the reason I would love us to draft 2 forward pockets late in this draft, especially with Ballantyne having at best 1 more full year.

Its amazing how suban and Sheridan get games. Are they the future of a strong 22 based on what they have shown over their careers? My answer would be no. You see Ryan Nyhuis and Joshua Deluca

I not a fan of Suban either but he got 4 coaches votes against St Kilda for his tagging effort on Stevens. So no chance he gets dropped for this week. Was just ok against Geelong but did enough to hold his spot.

I've said this before but the rebuild is also about working out which depth players are worth hanging onto. Deluca will get more chances as will Nyhuis as currently they are depth players.

I'm starting to think despite having a year on his contract to run that D. Pearce might be done. Either that or they have seen enough of him and he will stay on as depth for 2018. Suban, Sheridan, Deluca, Sutcliffe, Igbo etc are all playing for depth.

Unfortunately there will still be some 'spuds' around in 2018.

Even if they're currently doing a good job?
They have been average. Always have been average. Its a joke that young players get denied games with guys these guys running around. What have they done over past few weeks ? Dog turd all. suban finished off one passage of play to score a goal and it was from other players work like Darcy a young up and comer doing better work than these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back