Analysis Emotionally checked out (extended 2017 edition)

Have you checked out?

• YES

Votes: 170 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 71 23.7%
  • tl;dr wang you are a knob !!

Votes: 59 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, been thinking about this, am i allowed to be #eci for two quarters, and then #eco for 2 quarters? Or is it an all in kinda thing?
That's almost as bad as going ftom the Sack DH thread when we lose to the Suck DH thread thread when we win .:p

That's almost as bad as going ftom the Sack DH thread when we lose to the Suck DH thread thread when we win .:p

Yeah, when we win it's #extenddimma, and when we lose it's #sackdimma.
Can we extend the contract only to tear it up?
#thesackening

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, been thinking about this, am i allowed to be #eci for two quarters, and then #eco for 2 quarters? Or is it an all in kinda thing?

I’m not the owner of #eco (TM _wang_), but I reckon mcuzzy’s Emotionally Less Invested describes what I call #eco, when I say that’s how I am.

It’s not that I don’t care. It’s more that I deliberately choose to care less.

If you’re #eco for two quarters (inevitably the last two quarters of any given game, I’d speculate?), then I’d say you’re Emotionally Less Invested.

Symptoms may include:

• giggling when Richmond cough up a winning lead
  • not refreshing the app every 30 seconds after 6:30pm on Thursday selection
  • not reading every single match report
  • arriving at work on Monday morning in a reasonable mood, even after a disgraceful loss
Welcome aboard, Captain!

I’m not the owner of #eco (TM _wang_), but I reckon mcuzzy’s Emotionally Less Invested describes what I call #eco, when I say that’s how I am.

It’s not that I don’t care. It’s more that I deliberately choose to care less.

If you’re #eco for two quarters (inevitably the last two quarters of any given game, I’d speculate?), then I’d say you’re Emotionally Less Invested.

Symptoms may include:

• giggling when Richmond cough up a winning lead
  • not refreshing the app every 30 seconds after 6:30pm on Thursday selection
  • not reading every single match report
  • arriving at work on Monday morning in a reasonable mood, even after a disgraceful loss
Welcome aboard, Captain!

Post needs more "1000 yard stare" when a team creeps within 3 points after being 5 goals up.

Tell you one thing - I have been staunchly anti #eco but if we get beaten by those Blues pricks on Sunday I might be ready to be recruited!
What's the initiation to join this frat house anyway?

Shaved balls dipped in mixture of chilli paste and 55 proof vodka?

Tell you one thing - I have been staunchly anti #eco but if we get beaten by those Blues pricks on Sunday I might be ready to be recruited!

A box of satay noodles.

You simply let go of all the pain and angst, then bathe in the warmth and nuture of the #eco bosom.

Last edited:

You have apathy, you are so close young one..

Rapt with the playing style this year. Rapt with the young fellows too. 50/50 on hardwick, need to see how the whole season pans out. What concerns me most is young blokes being infected by the close game anxiety of the mentors. It would be nice to see some or 1 of those last quarter shots on goal go through to instil some confidence in the group that they will win the ******* game and that past close game fails become past.

i feel that the kids are showing enough that we can ride out the close losses this year, in the knowledge that another season in Butler, Bolton, Rioli, Castagna, Short, Mendaue, Prestia and Nank is much more exciting than what we've had recently. our finals bound years 2013-2015 were an older side, with no real scope of improvement, but i see so much improvement in the kids this year, that (as infuriating as it is to lose a close one) these kids will improve so much.

so im eci more this year.

While listening to Groupie sing John Englishs greatest hits with a Ricky May encore.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch the game on the weekend. Was at home and chose to mow the lawn instead. Have no interest watching us turn general play domination into behinds #eco

If you have truly ECO then stop posting here and go away for a while, come back when you want to be here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, when we win it's #extenddimma, and when we lose it's #sackdimma.
Can we extend the contract only to tear it up?
#thesackening

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I haven't seen anyone say extend.
These losses are such a common trend under Dimma, especially after a promising win. Nothing has changed from the team that lost to Carlton in the elim. Different personnel, same mental weakness. Heads need to roll to change this coz Dimma clearly can't fix it

Back