List Mgmt. 2017 Contract Status (Seppo's Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a really weird dream about Langdon and Balic the other night.

Either means those two stay and we lose Tucker, or Tucker stays and we lose those two. Lock it in fellow superstitious posters.

I had a really weird dream about Langdon and Balic the other night.

Either means those two stay and we lose Tucker, or Tucker stays and we lose those two. Lock it in fellow superstitious posters.
More likely you had an MSG laden meal for dinner.

Never worried about Fyfe leaving, as we would get something for it and would free up salary cap.

Langdon, Tucker and Balic all would get massive unders in terms of picks unless we traded for players.

Langdon for me is a solid foot solder and him leaving could be easier replaced. Balic and Tucker would be stuffed.

yeah starting to sweat on Tucker particularly. Kid is a straight up gun who is just going to get better and better.
So smart and creative, neat & tidy with skills and has a good hurt factor with kicking and vision.
My number one priority other than Fyfe.
Agreed, has the sweetest and neatest left foot.

Balic for me , priority number 1 to sign.

Yeah, Balic first for me too, but Tucker after that. Maybe it's the inner pessimist in me, but I'm developing this outlook that if we keep one of them it will be a win. Really there's nothing to say we'll keep both - but just seems an odds thing for some reason.

Of course, maybe if I had my coffee this morning I would feel completely different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balic for me , priority number 1 to sign.

Yeah, Balic first for me too, but Tucker after that.
what is it you guys see in Balic to rate him higher than Tucker?
I rate Balic but on exposed form Tucker has shown some excellent signs at the level whereas Balic has barely got started.
Not saying I disagree, just curious what it is you're seeing.

I rate Balic but on exposed form Tucker has shown some excellent signs at the level whereas Balic has barely got started.

Balic has time and space when there is mayhem going on around him. Its some thing special Ala Pendlebury. His dad told us he would win a Brownlow, I think he might be right.

If we're talking runs on the board, then of course you've got to say Tucker has him so in one sense, if you want a 'sure thing' then you'd be in your right mind to want Tucker first - bird in the hand an all that.

For mine, and it's splitting hairs a bit really, Balic just looks a more complete package. A genuine modern middle of the park player that can do lots of things well and that awareness and natural feel for the game - he thinks quick but doesn't rush himself. The thing I notice about him is that he's actually more athletic than he looks and I think it's because, unlike some, he doesn't rely on that athleticism to perform. When needed, and in time, he can use some of his hight and spring and build a core to make him an even better player - both are good, but I still reckon Balic has a ceiling that is right up there tending toward the elite category. Not saying it's a sure thing of course.

Impossible to compare Balic and Tucker. One has the potential to become one of the best inside mids in the game. The other has the potential to become one of the classiest outside mids in the game. I think both would be crazy to leave Freo given what is being created atm but who knows what external pressures they are facing?

I love his toughness. I think he is the type of player to lift in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back