Cheer Squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It seemed like such a good vibe down in the cheersquad last night. It was great to see the cheersquad and the "2nd cheersquad" that were sitting right next to them bounce off each other. Would never of happened a few years ago.

They must of moved because the club filmed them doing a "We all believe in Alan Richardson" chant

Last edited:
The "Goal Zone" / Cheer Squad area at the Maddie end was ROCKING last night! Loved the purple wigs and attire of the CS boys and girls, so colourful! The whole vibe in the area has lifted this season, and it's such a great way to feel part of the win! Well done to the club for promoting this section of our supporter base!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a night, it was an amazing atmosphere and having seen videos loved how we looked and sounded. Cant wait for Friday night to do it all again with our spirits high.

Yes! What a great effort from our Cheer Squad! Naturally, it always helps when the team are well and truly "ON", but the atmosphere generated by the CS last night was AWESOME!

I guess what's impressed me most of all about the CS this season has been the levels of noise and chanting that occurs when we are NOT playing well, or are up against it (as we were against Sydney and the Bulldogs) and most of the rest of us shrink back into our collective shell. Now, THAT is what makes our CS so very special! Anyone can "sing when they're winning" (I've been cited as one such a person on another Saints fan forum) it takes real commitment to maintain the faith when things aren't looking too rosy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if these guys were part of the CS, but at the Gold Coast match two weeks ago, they were leading the songs from "Saintly Hymns volume 2" with great gusto! The game itself was hardly the stuff of fantasy, however these guys gave us something that the two sides on the paddock seemed unable to deliver, and that was FUN! The areas between aisles 20 and 25 are really something, when the occasion calls for it!

I used to get depressed looking at our CS last year. Half full, older people and a real exclusivity to it.

Nowdays it looks fantastic, full, always loud. The purple flags, wigs, and tee shirts with the red white and black looked great from the MV.
The CS easily matched the Tigers CS which is one of the best in the league.

Well done to our new CS.

I used to get depressed looking at our CS last year. Half full, older people and a real exclusivity to it.

Nowdays it looks fantastic, full, always loud. The purple flags, wigs, and tee shirts with the red white and black looked great from the MV.

Well done to our new CS.

Mate, you should have heard 'em at Moorabbin for the Freo game!

Well done to our new CS.

Thank you, that is some praise indeed. Thank you very much. If you get the chance, it would be awesome if you could email that feedback to the club directly, just so they know the CS is making changes people notice and like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back