The Rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

... is looking really, really good.

This year alone we've seen that Darcy, Cox, Nyhuis, Deluca, Grey, Logue could all be 10 year players. Thrown in Weller, Blaklely and Tucker who are starting 22 with Bennell, Langdon and Balic to come back and Fyfe coming back to career best form, Sonny coming into career best form and a few young mature agers in Hamling, McCarthy and Billy... Wowee Bondy and Lloydy have done some grat work the past three years.

... is looking really, really good.

This year alone we've seen that Darcy, Cox, Nyhuis, Deluca, Grey, Logue could all be 10 year players. Thrown in Weller, Blaklely and Tucker who are starting 22 with Bennell, Langdon and Balic to come back and Fyfe coming back to career best form, Sonny coming into career best form and a few young mature agers in Hamling, McCarthy and Billy... Wowee Bondy and Lloydy have done some grat work the past three years.

People were calling Bonds head after round 2.

People were calling Bonds head after round 2.
And they will call for it again before we play finals again I think. We are going to up and down for a while yet. Even though everyone is showing something it is unlikely they all make it. Can hope though.

Sure is ****ing exciting.

By playing the kids, the sky hasn't fallen down, and we now have a pretty good idea of what is required for the
future.
If we had a better forward line we would probably be established in the eight this year, that and ruck look the
most vunerable to injury, form loss, in saying that Darcy has been a revelation.
Out of all the older players written off, Suban has changed my mind the most, earned his contract.
Future certainly looks better than the mob down the road, even if they still beat us this Derby.

By playing the kids, the sky hasn't fallen down, and we now have a pretty good idea of what is required for the
future.
If we had a better forward line we would probably be established in the eight this year, that and ruck look the
most vunerable to injury, form loss, in saying that Darcy has been a revelation.
Out of all the older players written off, Suban has changed my mind the most, earned his contract.
Future certainly looks better than the mob down the road, even if they still beat us this Derby.
Think Suban still has a lot of work to do. 1 very good game, 1 good game and 1 average game is not ideal for him. He needs to be consistently putting out good games. That said, Ross loves him so he probably already has 5 years locked away...

Close to the youngest side in the comp on the weekend (along with Brisbane and GC), 11 players under 50 games with A Pearce (21 games), Langdon (25 games), McCarthy (35 games) and Balic (4 games) out of the side. You would think those 4 would be a net upgrade on Johnson, Sheridan, Kersten and Ballantyne which means we have a very solid nucleus moving forward; just need to continue to get games into them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close to the youngest side in the comp on the weekend (along with Brisbane and GC), 11 players under 50 games with A Pearce (21 games), Langdon (25 games), McCarthy (35 games) and Balic (4 games) out of the side. You would think those 4 would be a net upgrade on Johnson, Sheridan, Kersten and Ballantyne which means we have a very solid nucleus moving forward; just need to continue to get games into them.

Yeah if you look at a projected side for next year, the hardest part about the whole thing is actually fitting everybody who has shown something in the 22. Look at yesterday's 22 then try to fit the 4 you mention plus Deluca and Bennell in. Even if you're jettisoning Sheridan and Crozier you still can't.

Yeah if you look at a projected side for next year, the hardest part about the whole thing is actually fitting everybody who has shown something in the 22. Look at yesterday's 22 then try to fit the 4 you mention plus Deluca and Bennell in. Even if you're jettisoning Sheridan and Crozier you still can't.

Some of those players aren't going to make the cut though. Deluca doesn't look overly neat by foot, Hughes and Grey appear serviceable but not stars, Nyhuis is a 1 game rookie pick etc.

Best to look at the talent coming through objectively.

Some of those players aren't going to make the cut though. Deluca doesn't look overly neat by foot, Hughes and Grey appear serviceable but not stars, Nyhuis is a 1 game rookie pick etc.

I agree with most of this...

...except Hughes, I think he can be a lot better than serviceable.

Agree with the gist of this, but Hughes has definitely taken some baby steps forward. He is looking more confident with what is required on the field.
I may be wrong (often am) but Ethan has time and poise on the field that the very good players have. I think he will become very good.

Of course, however all have shown something. Frankly I'm pretty stoked that we're in a position where it is difficult to fit all the kids in to give us that time to see how they perform, than desperately casting around for anyone at all useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back