Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contractual obligations no doubt. Plus, it's only the lead up to a Derby. Just take the week off Ross. Go surfing or something :oops:
[Connor Blakely likes this]

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Very interesting Hackdorn comments today.

Before you get too excited it was all about WC, but he gave a real bake to the current coach (just an average coach) and stated that Sumich should have got the job, Sumich is a much better coach. Wow, maybe his access to WC might get cut, he was very emotional about Sumich being shafted in his interview process.

Very entertaining for the outsider but just goes to show his small town mentality that because Suma talks to him he must be soooo much better.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Very interesting Hackdorn comments today.

Before you get too excited it was all about WC, but he gave a real bake to the current coach (just an average coach) and stated that Sumich should have got the job, Sumich is a much better coach. Wow, maybe his access to WC might get cut, he was very emotional about Sumich being shafted in his interview process.

Very entertaining for the outsider but just goes to show his small town mentality that because Suma talks to him he must be soooo much better.
rGCVawf.png

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Ross on footy Classified right now, pretty interesting, think its on TV in Perth at 9:55 for anyone who wants to watch, talks about Bennell, Fyfe as a leader, Coaching achievements, completely rules out the collingwood job (obvs)

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross on Footy Classified:
- talks about selection earlier in the year as "integrity of selection" but are now staying the course

- Defends Fyfe's performances as part of recovering from his leg injuries and his chest. Feels that Fyfe is close to signing, but he stays out of it.

- Talks about the issue of the captaincy last year, Mundy struggled with Pav still there last year, credits Fyfe for improving and getting the vote. Gave credit to Mundy for backing Fyfe.

- Talks about the transition and touches on Tendai and Co. in reply to the questions about the Port Adelaide loss.

- credits Nyhuis about his "dog-hungry."

- talks about seeing possibility in the list and it's not about draft picks

- Categorically bats away any possibility of being Collingwood's next coach. Says he is committed to Freo and vice versa.

- On Bennell: Defends him and talks about how Bennell blew up when he re-injured his calf. Will play at Peel this week. Ross is a real fan, it sounds.

- Really proud of the 2013 group, still working on getting better and will certainly try his best to win one for Freo.

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Part 2:

- Caro defends football journalism (hahahaha) -- Ross just laughs her off her soap box.

- On player mental health and how coaches deal with them. He feels this has changed in the last 10 years. Freo is one of 2 clubs that employ a full time sports psychologist for the players. Players are scrutinised more these days and players have more pressure.

- On coaches under pressure. Ross talks about working and delegation and perspective.

- Talks about Connor and his surfing. :) Details the training schedule, really proud that most of our boys are studying outside of footy.

- Asked about umpiring, he said he never castigates the umpires (bloody hell, he should've used the opportunity).

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
I guess Footyshow'll be youtubed or suchlike?
(bloody hell, he should've used the opportunity).
Very aware man.
The game is very fast,physical and they change the rules on a whim.Hard job.Slagging them certainly won't improve your treatment.Declaring you won't castigate them might.
Pragmatist to the last.
He still knows Margett's a campaigner.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Part 2:

- Caro defends football journalism (hahahaha) -- Ross just laughs her off her soap box.

- On player mental health and how coaches deal with them. He feels this has changed in the last 10 years. Freo is one of 2 clubs that employ a full time sports psychologist for the players. Players are scrutinised more these days and players have more pressure.

- On coaches under pressure. Ross talks about working and delegation and perspective.

- Talks about Connor and his surfing. :) Details the training schedule, really proud that most of our boys are studying outside of footy.

- Asked about umpiring, he said he never castigates the umpires (bloody hell, he should've used the opportunity).
Solid spoiler alerts :eek:

On the umpiring - feels like we just bend over and take it week in, week out. Surely someone could just pen a letter and get it sorted out behind closed doors. Maybe once ballas go, things will swing - I mean, I think I even saw Walters get paid a high tackle on the weekend - never say never I suppose

Freo Quokkas

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2016
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess Footyshow'll be youtubed or suchlike?

Very aware man.
The game is very fast,physical and they change the rules on a whim.Hard job.Slagging them certainly won't improve your treatment.Declaring you won't castigate them might.
Pragmatist to the last.
He still knows Margett's a campaigner.
It should be available on 9now.com.au from tomorrow (Tuesday) to watch the wheat from the chaff get discussed with Ross and the panel.

Tomorrow's newspapers are the next day's fish and chip wrapping.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Solid spoiler alerts :eek:

On the umpiring - feels like we just bend over and take it week in, week out. Surely someone could just pen a letter and get it sorted out behind closed doors. Maybe once ballas go, things will swing - I mean, I think I even saw Walters get paid a high tackle on the weekend - never say never I suppose
Haven't felt particularly hard done by by the umpires since the last derby

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haven't felt particularly hard done by by the umpires since the last derby
Commentators find it laughable most weeks. Get sick of hearing them chuckle to each other whilst being bewildered "hahaha I thought that was a definite free kick" or "hahaha Freo have been really UNLUCKY today". Umps seem to miss quite a few frees for us most weeks. Grinds my gears. They were maybe even a little on our side last week - but that was an anomaly.

Sure we give away a lot of frees because we have no idea how to tackle. But it's the non-calls for us that stand out to me. End rant.

Freo Quokkas

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2016
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cheers Quokka.
Hope it was not any of your rellies that arsewipe was kicking around Rotto.
Hard to credit your people were treated with the disdain of a $2000 fine.
Even humans are worth more.
A quokka with opposable thumbs using a device to access the internet. I haven't come across that before. I think your referring to the incident earlier this year when a New Zealand man was seen throwing a quokka into the ocean. Or the previous "quokka soccer" acts of cruelty that occured some years ago. The fines are now up to $50,000 and 5 years jail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back