Toast Nick Suban 150th

Remove this Banner Ad

My favorite Suban moment was when we were playing Collingwood (infamous Zac Dawson in the ruck game I'm pretty sure). Hayden Ballantyne got a free kick because Heath Shaw punched him in the nuts. In classic fiery Suban style he gets into Shaw's face and you can clearly hear him saying through the ump's mic multiple times "you effing would you c***!!!!"

Angry Suban is hilarious. At least you know he will stick up for his team mates.

4 weeks ago this would be....

Anyway, all the best Subes mate for the game. Knock out a few Wet Toasters and go down in the Glory books... hope you can improve one of the Queensland teams next year :thumbsu:

Congratulations to my buddy, Nick Suban. You sure are one of the more interesting footballers i've seen pull on the purple with your enthusiasm and confidence to run through any tackle and your will to tackle the opposition head first (literally). Nick really embodies the Freo footy club culture, not blessed with the best skills but his leadership, heart and willing to give his all for the team can't be questioned, a lot like one of our other favourite sons, Seany Mac.

I tip my hat and raise my glass to you, Nick Suban :thumbsu:

Edit: And you have a beautiful, long, raking left boot (thanks fitzmantle)

Last edited:
Congratulations to my buddy, Nick Suban. You sure are one of the more interesting footballers i've seen pull on the purple with your enthusiasm and confidence to run through any tackle and your will to tackle the opposition head first (literally). Nick really embodies the Freo footy club culture, not blessed with the best skills but his leadership, heart and willing to give his all for the team can't be questioned, a lot like one of our other favourite sons, Seany Mac.

I tip my hat and raise my glass to you, Nick Suban :thumbsu:

? He is a beautiful kick

What can I say about Subes.

Well he lives somewhere near me as I keep seeing him at all the same places I like to buy food from.

Subes also reminds me of the hulk as played in The Avengers movie.

Not the size or greenness...no the bit that reminds me of Subes is when Bruce Banner says, "That's my secret, I'm always angry".

I remember he played a blinder in the 2013 2nd Qualifying Final at Kardinya Park....His kicking is a real feature on his day and that day I remember I toasted to him. Him and Barlow where tremendous that day :raisedhands:
Onya Subes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been playing a lot better since he got back in the side. Less HTB and more nice long left footed kicks. Also 10 tackles on the weekend. Good Stuff.

If his first 147 games were like his last 2 for us, we'd all be hailing him a life-long Freo champ!

I remember he was going to be elevated to the leadership group in just his second year at the footy club, and he knocked it back, saying he was too young and he needed to focus on his development. So he's respected and well-liked by the playing group and the coaching staff - and I reckon that's cos he'll (literally try to) run through a brick wall head first to be the first bloke there to fly the flag for a team-mate.

I've heaped poo on him many, many, many times over the years, but better and smarter footy heads than me have picked him in their side 150 times, and the guy bleeds purple, so good job Nick. Go smash some weagle heads in.

He's played 150 games for our club. That's worth a toast right there.

No matter how frustrated he's made me at times, he's one of ours. Yeah sure, he never did turn out to be that great player we hoped (many might not remember how much potential we saw in those first couple of years), but he worked his butt off for the club and for his team-mates and 150 games over our most successful period as a club says he got a lot right despite what some keyboard warriors around here think of him.

Who knows what his 150th will look like, and how many more in purple he's got? What we can be sure of is that he will play with fierceness and heart - that's not something you can say about every player that's gone out on an AFL field. Well done Subes. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
He's played 150 games for our club. That's worth a toast right there.

No matter how frustrated he's made me at times, he's one of ours and I love him. Yeah sure, he never did turn out to be that great player we hoped (many might not remember how much potential we saw in those first couple of years), but he worked his butt off for the club and for his team-mates and 150 games over our most successful period as a club says he got a lot right despite what some keyboard warriors around here think of him.

Who knows what his 150th will look like, and how many more in purple he's got? What we can be sure of is that he will play with fierceness and heart - that's not something you can say about every player that's gone out on an AFL field. Well done Subes. :thumbsu:
I thought he was going to be Luke Hodge like and many thought he'd be a future captain!

Hasn't quite reached those (exceedingly) high expectations

Subes greatest attribute has to be his ability to stick up for his team mates over the years. Its goes a long way to explaining why he is respected by his peers and the coaches.

Whenever there is a push and shove subes always in the thick of it helping a mate out.

Not the best or smartest player but you can't question his effort or commitment to his team mates and the jumper.

And that's all you can really ask for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back