List Mgmt. Operation : Bloody get Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear these threads guarantee that we won't be drafting such and such.

Mind you, if he's anything like your description he'll be long gone by what would have been Ports pick, let alone ours.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Proberbly the most talented kid to come through the draft in many years. Take the best abilities of Andrew McCloud and rhe best of Wingard, add 50% more skill and you have Rankine.
A local kid who we need to try and get to the club. Total freak.

A well and good but unless you think we can manipulate somehow to get Pick 1 in the 2018 Draft there is no other certain way to get him, personally still think Lukosius will be the one clubs will be clamouring for, a KPF with the lot and the similarities to a young Nick Reiwoldt are so evident. Personally I'd settle for Connor Rozee and probably a tad more realistic given the hype surrounding Rankine and Lukosius .

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do we guarantee ourselves pick 1 in 2018 by trading Lever this year though?

Sorry don't really follow the under 18 stuff, didn't know he was 2018. my mistake.

That being said I'd be willing to bet Lions will still be spooners in 2018

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont care. Pay him to not play for the next 12 months, put rumours out there that he is now a crack whore. Get him to change his name by depol and enter him in the draft as some randon flog from Kenellworth while "Izak Rankine" doesnt nominate.
Lets get inventive.

Maybe we could offer him some sort of pie based deal?

I dont care. Pay him to not play for the next 12 months, put rumours out there that he is now a crack whore. Get him to change his name by depol and enter him in the draft as some randon flog from Kenellworth while "Izak Rankine" doesnt nominate.
Lets get inventive.

And nearly all of those lead to a draft tampering charge. Surely we've learned our lesson right?

The best we can do is subtly convince him we'll pick him and he should tank all of his interviews, but even then it may be a stretch seeing the likelihood of us having our first pick after 15 in that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
And nearly all of those lead to a draft tampering charge. Surely we've learned our lesson right?

The best we can do is subtly convince him we'll pick him and he should tank all of his interviews, but even then it may be a stretch seeing the likelihood of us having our first pick after 15 in that draft.
Port paid guys not to enter the draft and only got a slap on the wrist.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks

Izak Chalmers by deed poll?

The year before they came into the comp they paid players not to enter the draft. One was Treaders.

I don't know how confidently you can use a +20 year example as a precedent.

The AFL is a weak enough organisation that would go to town on a club for paying someone to stay out of the draft as a way to look tough/they care about the integrity of the game.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

what if we recruit Dusty this year, then let him be his mentor in 2018...should help him slide a touch

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
I know. The most talented bunch of SA kids and we will end up with a guy from Geelong.
Well unless the SA and WA clubs get an Academy set up like the Queensland and NSW clubs that will always be the case, we need to get together with the Paps, WCE and Freo to pressure the AFL for some sort of draft "relief".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back