Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t that's come quick.

205 for St Kilda.
Soon to be 100 for Essendon.

He must hold the VFL/AFL games record for Gippsland Power players.
Him then Pendles I believe

Heh. Apparently it's this week. :oops:

yeah but father daughter qualification is 1 game so competition for the daughter should've already started.

this ******* club.

seriously cant believe people think BJ is "taking up spots" or that he shouldn't get an extension.

He's racking up 30+ regularly and brings great experience to the team especially in the backline!

REWARD THE ******* EFFORT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have enough of his behaviour. He needs to cut the bullshit out big time.

What sort of leadership does he show with his tantrums? Don't call it passion because if I behaved like him at work when things aren't going my way, I'd be told to grow up. That 50 metre penalty was unnecessary.

102 games out of a possible 106 games with us

Even though they may not all be at an elite level, he has more than serviced his contract with us. None of this injured on the sidelines that we have seen guys like Tippet (non FA though), Wells, Thomas etc do.

I have enough of his behaviour. He needs to cut the bullshit out big time.

What sort of leadership does he show with his tantrums? Don't call it passion because if I behaved like him at work when things aren't going my way, I'd be told to grow up. That 50 metre penalty was unnecessary.
Agree! Good post, he definately needs to keep it in check in particular on the field at at crucial stages of the game

Admire his play most of any EFC player in 2017 - Has played a multitude of roles this season - Inside mid, outside mid, tagger, high defender and at times deep defender - His ability to fill multiple roles has allowed the team to flourish.

Admire his play most of any EFC player in 2017 - Has played a multitude of roles this season - Inside mid, outside mid, tagger, high defender and at times deep defender - His ability to fill multiple roles has allowed the team to flourish.

Done nothing but good for this club since he arrived. Under difficult circumstances also.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This guy...

I have a corporate box directly behind my seats at Etihad so it's often filled with casual supporters of the teams playing. Anyway, yesterday I had the most obnoxious bitch behind me with the worst scream/yell on her. She wouldn't shut up and had no clue. She kept complaining about BJ and saying things like "do something Goddard" and whining when he wouldn't tackle a player who was more than 10m from him.

The guy had 20 touches to half time and did some great things - I think he 'did something' plenty of times. He takes risks with his kicks and sometimes they don't come off but when they do come off it really creates some great opportunities for us.

I understand why some people will never fully love a player who played most of their career elsewhere, but I for one love this bloke. He gives his all and just wants the team to do the best it can. Sure he can be a bit pointy and pretzel spilly at times, but you take those things when he brings the obvious quality that he brings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back