Preview Official Derby Preview Melt - Opposition Posters #bringit

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's good having you by :) You'd be right at home in our melt threads this year

The one with the big * off "No Opposition Supporters" tag

I may be a little dim in my old age but I still understand basic English

I have done an analysis of the Eagles and it appears the greatest threat comes in their midfield. Their auxillary midfield. They have a +50 free kick differential up to this point in the season. They average a whopping +6.75 frees per game at home whilst away the are at -0.5 per game.

The Eagles have lost 3 of the last 4 at home but they have all been against top 8 sides. What this suggests is that they aren't a very good team at least without Kennedy. Away from home they have only beaten North, a deteriorated Bulldogs outfit and Port when they were playing poorer and lying in 7th

They have won 5 from 8 at home though. The free kick bias is not enough to beat top teams but against mid table and lower it comes into play.

What this means is that we can beat them. However when you get almost 7 extra free kicks EVERY home game that will make a difference in the season.
If we are disciplined , no head high tackles , no stupid 50s , no Suban specials in front of goal we are in with good shot. What chance an outcome under a goal?

I love this quote from the eagles board... "That said, it won't be a good look if we lose the derby and end up as an experienced side supposedly challenging for a flag on equal points with a young side on the rebuild."

This is a very good point.

We currently sit on the ladder between last year's premiership winner and the side that won three flags in a row before that.

We have given away the season and sit one win and percentage outside the eight.

Amazing to think that if we won our last 7 games we would be firmly entrenched in the Top 8.

So somehow we're still not mathematically ruled out, but it's clear as daylight the club's focus isn't to play finals this year with some big matches coming up. There's little pressure on us to win this weekend, but I imagine a victory could start that thought process again.

Still don't know if I want us to finish as low as possible to get currency or to gun it hard for the finals. Worst-case would truly be a 9th-11th finish.

Amazing to think that if we won our last 7 games we would be firmly entrenched in the Top 8.

So somehow we're still not mathematically ruled out, but it's clear as daylight the club's focus isn't to play finals this year with some big matches coming up. There's little pressure on us to win this weekend, but I imagine a victory could start that thought process again.

Still don't know if I want us to finish as low as possible to get currency or to gun it hard for the finals. Worst-case would truly be a 9th-11th finish.

My view is we should always be pushing for every win. Having a winning culture is of more value long term than a few draft pick positions even if that means finishing between 9 and 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keyser Soze` first got me in 'the usual suspects', then that little Hayley J Osmond kid threw the ultimate curve ball in 'the sixth sense' and now this from Arc ...

The trilogy is complete -MIND BLOWN !!!!!

Great preview.

Kennedy will murder us though, West Coke by 39

My view is we should always be pushing for every win. Having a winning culture is of more value long term than a few draft pick positions even if that means finishing between 9 and 11

Ditto, especially on game day. I hate the feeling that a side is aiming more for the draft then the win.

It's one thing to do it through list management, if we were pushing for a flag would Sandi be listed as season or 4-6 and see where he's at? Could A.Pearce play this year?

Expecting to see a steady rotation of rested players with minor conditions but as long as they pick the best side from what is available and try and win each game on the day I'll be happy.

Ditto, especially on game day. I hate the feeling that a side is aiming more for the draft then the win.

It's one thing to do it through list management, if we were pushing for a flag would Sandi be listed as season or 4-6 and see where he's at? Could A.Pearce play this year?

Expecting to see a steady rotation of rested players with minor conditions but as long as they pick the best side from what is available and try and win each game on the day I'll be happy.

Yeah, pretty much.

If we have blokes with niggles that need a rest, then I'd be of the view that unless we are actually in the hunt for a flag we play it safe and rest them when needed.

The other aspect is the draft is always a bit of a gamble. Sure a high draft position improves the odds but even a no 1 draft pick can do a knee and never play again. Building a winning culture where the players have an ingrained mindset to never quit is worth a stack of high picks. I remember having a 50 odd point lead against Melbourne at half time and they came back and won. The right attitude within the playing group is absolute gold.

Just my 2c

Wonder if your star recruit will get a touch for Peel this week after a zero posession game in the reserves last weekend. Oh wait that was just Freo gaming the system again as they set up for back to back reserves flags. Looks like the WAFL might have to revise their rules again to close another loophole

To be fair, Bennell's game last week was still a better performance than most of your youngsters have managed in the WAFL this year.

To be fair, Bennell's game last week was still a better performance than most of your youngsters have managed in the WAFL this year.
Yeah I'm disappointed none of them have been offering drunken advice to teammates at quarter time breaks as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back