Opinion Changes vs West Coast OUT: Sheridan (inj) Grey IN: Spurr Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't be surprised with the coach bringing Spurr back in, but it's a big mistake in my opinion. Now for Spurr to win the medal ...

Would rather Grey miss out instead of Crozier.

Agree for a number of reasons in including Croz can be a ball user from the back half to help there if needed (like he did last week) and Grey clearly is struggling with that that shoulder - oppo coming in the off season I suspect.

Speaking of injury which, do we have any real news on Hamling? Obviously Collins is named ready to go in his place - last week it looked like Hamling might need to be measured for prosthetics, this week he's named. How likely is he really?

Eagles were clearly too tall last week, they had absolutely 0 run. If all of Vardy, Lycett, Petrie, Schofield, McGovern, Barrass, Darling and Kennedy play they will be way too tall again. I think Petrie at least will be dropped

Barass, Yeo, McGovern, Schofield are all 190+cm. Worried we've gone in way too small.

Cox is our only forward at that height. Kersten is 191 and named on the bench

Would it matter though? Our talls (playing or not) are not great contested marks (except for Tabs every 7th Sunday of the year) so why bother? Just play with speed and hope for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to Domain's groundskeeper and even if it doesn't rain they are going to water the ground heavily. Understandable selections given this. Oh and the whole if we added lots of height to our forward line their back line would still kill us thing.

Game plan should be simple. Don't bomb it in blindly. Last week it was easy to see West Coast's intercepting backmen line up behind their opponent waiting for the long bomb.

At least there's some level of consistency with Tabs now - before it was kick 5+ in the WAFL, come to AFL and kick 3-4.
Then play 2-3 bad games, get dropped, go back to the WAFL with no confidence and then kick another 5+ and get another shot.
Rub, Rinse, Repeat.

He's got to string together continually good performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back