Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
When we have a 4 win season I'll be worried
I'm often regaled by my intellectually challenged Eagles supporting acquaintances about the glory years of 1992 and 1994 (before we joined the AFL) and of course 2006*, but for some reason they never mention 2010. That was the most enjoyable season I can remember because 70% of Perth didn't want to talk footy, and the other 30% were the smart ones.

Anyway, long story short...

upload_2017-7-13_14-25-29.png

Edit: And another...

upload_2017-7-13_14-28-36.png

That would be a Logue, Darcy, Cox , Ryan season and we aren't worried at all. ;)
That's probably also what melbourne thought the year after they got Scully, Trengove, Gysberts and Tapscott

I'm often regaled by my intellectually challenged Eagles supporting acquaintances about the glory years of 1992 and 1994 (before we joined the AFL) and of course 2006*, but for some reason they never mention 2010. That was the most enjoyable season I can remember because 70% of Perth didn't want to talk footy, and the other 30% were the smart ones.

View attachment 391955
Nice story

Has * all to do with Simpson though

Silky32

Debutant
Aug 7, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Couldn't be worse than whatever coaching Simpson has been giving them.
Maybe getting drunk pre-game would make him a better match day coach, instead of just nervously sipping his pump bottle after every opposition goal. Looks completely lost in the box at times.

No good in his pressers after a loss either. Just rolls out his four favourite words/phrases repetitively: 'collective', 'supply', 'we've gotta get better' and 'we're up for the fight'.

Sunday though, youngest starting 22 in the comp last week vs oldest should tell the tale. Hoping we keep it close enough for Simpson to get through a 6-pack of water but can't see it. If the Eagles are on they'll be too organised and experienced for our kids and take it by 6+ jaffas.

If they're not on...then next week might be pretty fun.

Good luck to all on Sunday

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I'm disappointed none of them have been offering drunken advice to teammates at quarter time breaks as well
Haven't you had Cussy and Kerr down at your training sessions lately? Teaching the young'uns how to use a jerry can? Practicing for Ninja Warrior at the barracks?

Last edited:

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
meh - not much banter as this game is for pride only.
I just hope the the toast field the oldest side in the comp this week like they did last week.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still doesn't rhyme and not a single mention of that man from Nantucket

Rings a bell. Something to do with erectile disfunction or the Guinness book of records for the most cold showers? Wouldn't rhyme, so his poem must feature in freeverse similar to the OP.

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who woke up energetic in the mornings with an urge to run off excessive energy
Culminating in cold showers in the brisk Massachusetts air.

A pretty lame poem, I can't see why our man from Nantucket is such a celebrity.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
So is Simpson gonna go in with the same old topped up Dad's army in his futile quest to get this year's flag or is he going to surprise everybody and actually give some yoof an opportunity?
Simpson doesn't play the yoof and isn't good enough to coach a team to GF victory. Pffffft.... imagine having a coach like that!

yoong

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
3,919 km from Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here's my prediction for the game.

West Coast players to be competitively for 2 quarters, with an odd sense than something is not quite right.

In the 3rd quarter, they'll realize what it is and why the crowd is not booing on their behalf and kept chanting "my house!!!"...it's a freo home game. They will quickly switch back to their 'away game' mode and fadeaway. Priddis to get 30 useless possession and WC to fall behind by 5 goals.

On the upside, the freagles supporters can still leave as planned at the end of 3rd quarter.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
ATTENTION MEMBERS!!!

$3 MEAT PIES AND FREE SAUCE THIS WEEK.

Get in quick before Hodor eats them all :eek:

Trying to beat Subi record crowd one last time. Get around them docker fans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
If West Coast lose what are the odds on some being lobbed at Hayden Ballantyne?

They have form. Didn't one of their little charmers chuck a pie at Josh Carr in one Derby? I think it was the same game that Benny got run over by a couple of Carrs and Glendinnin overuled the Rosco panel to award the medal to Judd. From memory that was all the same game

Silky32

Debutant
Aug 7, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
They have form. Didn't one of their little charmers chuck a pie at Josh Carr in one Derby? I think it was the same game that Benny got run over by a couple of Carrs and Glendinnin overuled the Rosco panel to award the medal to Judd. From memory that was all the same game
Favourite Derby ever!

Although that was a 2007 game. Juddy one was 06 from memory.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
Favourite Derby ever!

Although that was a 2007 game. Juddy one was 06 from memory.

Yeah I'm not a 100% on that. You could be right. I do remember Benny copping the worst of a two Carr garage and giving away a stupid 50 just before 3/4 time by dragging Josh Carr down well after he took a mark. Gave us a cheap goal right when we needed one and took the wind out of the toaster sails.

Might have to dig that one up to watch again....just for the lols

Edit:

Just watched that bit again. 18 second before 3/4 time and Benny dragged Carr backwards onto the ground. Margetts awarded the 50 and was almost apologising to Benny Boy for doing so. Josh kicked the goal that put us 2 goals clear and we were never headed from there.

Last edited:

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

View attachment 391955

Edit: And another...

View attachment 391957
I do like how the second clip is filtered to show only the home games :thumbsu:

Shame on you Mr Sneaky-sneaks

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
My wish is that RTB remembers that the tagger must go to Gaff and not Shuey. If Nyhuis isn't the defencive forward I how he goes to Darling . Jack will need a change of undies at the end of every quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back