List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need midfielders 100%. Outside the team this week we only really have Bennell, Balic and Langdon. The latter two are still out of contract, we're playing Suban in the best 22 and Bennell hasn't played a game for the club and is just as dangerous as a forward. Greenwood would take Suban's role in the current side and we'd be much better for it.

We need another contested ball winner. We only really have Fyfe Neale and Blakely moving forward and potentially Balic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Develop our own. If greenwood walk out for money , freo will be in the same situation with Adelaide in 2018 losing Weller and Neale as they will ask for more money( is not their fault ) if freo can do it with Adelaide player so will other club do to freo players.

GWs ,Adelaide both a bit tight with their salary cap . Freo will have these situation in 2019 if not careful.

Last edited:
We need midfielders 100%. Outside the team this week we only really have Bennell, Balic and Langdon. The latter two are still out of contract, we're playing Suban in the best 22 and Bennell hasn't played a game for the club and is just as dangerous as a forward. Greenwood would take Suban's role in the current side and we'd be much better for it.
Tell me how much you going to increase Weller, bennell and Ethan Hughes ,contract next year . Cam Mac, blakely ,b.hill, s.hill and Neale the following year. You can't just want a player without filling the financial hole later . As I said the new contract will all be under the 20% increase including the new draftee and rookie list player .

Presume suban is getting 350k now , getting greenwood will be 100k more for the next two year. Adelaide is paying the consequence of filling financial hole as he is outside of the salary cap as cat B.

Last edited:

Develop our own. If greenwood walk out for money , freo will be in the same situation with Adelaide in 2018 losing Weller and Neale as they will ask for more money( is not their fault ) if freo can do it with Adelaide player so will other club do to freo players.

GWs ,Adelaide both a bit tight with their salary cap . Freo will have these situation in 2019 if not careful.
I never seem to understand meima logic.

I never seem to understand meima logic.
As a whole how much salary cap you have logically? Where is the logic wherw freo having unrestricted salary cap compare to other .
Do you think that moving to a more expensive house to your current one paid less bill .
How much will you paid for Weller and Neale next contract logically .

Last edited:
As a whole how much salary cap you have logically? Where is the logic wherw freo having unrestricted salary cap compare to other .
Do you think that moving to a more expensive house to your current one paid less bill .
How much will you paid for Weller and Neale next contract logically .
117190.jpg

Sorry Meima, Greenwood on 450k over 2-3 years with the salary cap increase is a bargain. Getting him would be terrific. Competition for spots is never a bad thing and there are people on our list that need to be delisted but cant because we have no-one else.

Also, while I would love to keep all of Langdon, Tucker and Balic something tells me we will probably lose at least one of them

Sorry Meima, Greenwood on 450k over 2-3 years with the salary cap increase is a bargain. Getting him would be terrific. Competition for spots is never a bad thing and there are people on our list that need to be delisted but cant because we have no-one else.

Also, while I would love to keep all of Langdon, Tucker and Balic something tells me we will probably lose at least one of them
If we can't keep one of balic, langdon tucker I will have no problem getting greenwood. This speculation of them going is driving me nuts. My other question is why can't freo look to state league mature age or b cat and develop our own version inside mid greenwood. Adelaide get him in 2015 as b cat with Thompson playing most of the time in 2016 and 2017 greenwood development improve rapidly . Is freo really that bad in recruitment in recent years or just some in BF running out of patient for a rebuild team.

Last edited:
Mundy either forward or back for either Kersten or MJ. Greenwood in the middle.
What rd of draft pick are you willing to give up for greenwood or through PSD. Presume one of langdon ,balic or tucker going home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Meima, Greenwood on 450k over 2-3 years with the salary cap increase is a bargain.

I doubt we'll have to pay that much. He's currently on a base rookie contract as a cat b rookie. If he's insulted by Adelaide's offer, they've probably offered to extend his rookie contract. A senior list spot and 250-300k may be enough.

Don't forget the extra draft pick. Expecting other clubs will take one look at his contested marking numbers and offer up their 1st rounder quick smart.
Wowee , two first rd pick for freo start the car . Remember to go and get Greenwood , casboult also.

Last edited:
If we can't keep one of balic, langdon tucker I will have no problem getting greenwood. This speculation of them going is driving me nuts. My other question is why can't freo look to state league mature age or b cat and develop our own version inside mid greenwood. Adelaide get him in 2015 as b cat with Thompson playing most of the time in 2016 and 2017 greenwood development improve rapidly . Is freo really that bad in recruitment in recent years or just some in BF running out of patient for a rebuild team.
We won't be losing Balic/Langdon/Tucker because of money (I wouldn't think). It would be because they are Vic boys who want to go home. I am not sure how you have drawn the box that we can't afford Greenwood either. We have plenty of players that are going out this year and next. Half of our best 22 currently have played <50 games so not sure they would demand too much money yet.

Get Hugh over I say (as long as not too much re picks). Would be a bargain for a 3rd or 4th. Can play forward and mid.

Not really sure Greenwood is the sort of player we are after. We want elite kicks. Now I know Greenwood is a contested/tackling monster however I think his skills game is not up to par but happy to be proven wrong..

We won't be losing Balic/Langdon/Tucker because of money (I wouldn't think). It would be because they are Vic boys who want to go home. I am not sure how you have drawn the box that we can't afford Greenwood either. We have plenty of players that are going out this year and next. Half of our best 22 currently have played <50 games so not sure they would demand too much money yet.

Get Hugh over I say (as long as not too much re picks). Would be a bargain for a 3rd or 4th.
Can play forward and mid.
So is greenwood having less than 50 games , why should you give him more than other (Weller ,langdon, blakely) ?
Ok under the old agreement how much spurr , mundy,Sandi , d.pearce earn ?
Greenwood is not a superstar , he is same as other mature age players that get opportunity due to dangerfield ,jarryd Lyon leaving and the old age of Thompson. I back freo recruitment and development team to get solid mature age state players.

I don't mind having greenwood , freo need to sell to get some in . Last year mayne , who will be valuable this year ?

So is greenwood having less than 50 games , why should you give him more than other (Weller ,langdon, blakely) ?
Ok under the old agreement how much spurr , mundy,Sandi , d.pearce earn ?
Greenwood is not a superstar , he is same as other mature age players that get opportunity due to dangerfield ,jarryd Lyon leaving and the old age of Thompson. I back freo recruitment and development team to get solid mature age state players.
Greenwood has shown plenty this year and we have a fair few players to leave and hence gaps to fill. I'd rather take him than someone at pick 65+. Simple as that for me. Once he is on the list he can play his way into the team like anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back