Opinion Changes vs West Coast OUT: Sheridan (inj) Grey IN: Spurr Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taberner made a very good case for a call up but I think RTB and the match committee want to see consistency before he gets a recall .
To the Suban Haters he is performing and doing the team things that RTB and the players are loving . Gone is the blind big kick to nobody and gees he's not giving away cheap free kicks by laying on the ball when tackled .
What I want to see in this game is Gaff tagged like RTB used to do because it shuts down the only genuine outside runner that the Weagles have . There is no point tagging inside mids like Shuey , Mitchell and Priddis . If Nyhuis isn't the defensive forward I would love him to play on Darling . He would monster Darling that's for sure .Jack would need fresh undies at the end of every quarter .

Ahhhhh Tabby cat. What to do with Mr Taberner.

He's so frustrating. He's built a powerful body over the last few preseasons, whilst maintaining good endurance. So what else can he do over a preseason? His marking has improved a fair bit after working with Hale - perhaps another preseason could take it next level?

The few areas he's lacking probably can't be taught during preseason. His agility is quite poor, his attack on the footy / anger / mongrel / whatever you want to call it - let's say physical presence - is poor, and his decision making can be a bit slow at times. I don't think his agility will ever improve, but the other two are just mindset. What will it take for it to click (if it ever will) - age/experience/feeling comfortable at the level? I think he could be a handy second tall if he can get that self belief cranking. Otherwise he's just a vanilla tall dude

Tab's issue is consistency. His good performances are serviceable, his bad performances are cringe worthy and for what ever reason one follows the other. He has to show he can step up every game. We aren't talking about a fill in role here it's a KPF role of the likes of Pav, Brown, Franklin, Kennedy which to any degree Tabs isn't.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Suban starting on field after getting ripped a new one last weekend is a joke. Deluca should be in for him. Maybe the match committee wants to get him his 150 not on performance basis
Pretty short memory. Has played two good games and one average one.

Lyon has let down Tabs down a lot more often than Tabs has let Lyon down.

Taberner would be mad to stay at Fremantle after this season. Guaranteed to be playing elsewhere next year. Meanwhile we'll keep trudging along with a 4 man forward line kicking 70 points a game. Exciting times.
I don't know what planet you're living on? Taberner is incredibly inconsistent. He has no one blame except himself. His problem is mental, not physical, he does some really dumb s**t sometimes. If he got his head right he could be a decent player.

I don't know what planet you're living on? Taberner is incredibly inconsistent. He has no one blame except himself. His problem is mental, not physical, he does some really dumb s**t sometimes. If he got his head right he could be a decent player.
What are you talking, it is clearly Ross Lyons fault for it raining. Everyone knows when it rains it means the football will magically stay at least 15 metres away from any KPF's on the ground making them useless and there is nothing he can do about it. Given how much Lyon hates poor Tabs, he probably did some sort of rain dance after Tabs played his two traditionally serviceable games for the year to make it rain.

What are you talking, it is clearly Ross Lyons fault for it raining. Everyone knows when it rains it means the football will magically stay at least 15 metres away from any KPF's on the ground making them useless and there is nothing he can do about it. Given how much Lyon hates poor Tabs, he probably did some sort of rain dance after Tabs played his two traditionally serviceable games for the year to make it rain.
Heaven forbid there is some of the wet stuff around when Tabs plays. Any sign of water and you can guarantee yourself that Tabs will have 2 kicks, 0 marks, 0 goals and 0 influence.

Heaven forbid there is some of the wet stuff around when Tabs plays. Any sign of water and you can guarantee yourself that Tabs will have 2 kicks, 0 marks, 0 goals and 0 influence.
Or if the opposition has two decent tall defenders. How many times has Taberner ever had a good game against a decent tall defender? He has basically played nearly all of his career (at afl level) with the second best tall on him, bar a few games. Pav for years and McCarthy this season have had the best opposition tall defender matching them. Barrass (Marking significantly underrated in my view) and McGovern are both quality. Hard to see how Tabs would have an impact if he played in this coming derby. Hard to see Kersten having an impact as well, but probably just as likely as Taberner.

Last edited:
What are you upset at exactly? Tabs was pure garbage in the 3 games before he got dropped? He needs to play more than one good game to get back.

We played 3 wet games in a row in which all of our tall forwards were pure garbage. But Tabs was the only one dropped.

And he's remained dropped for 6 weeks despite dominating WAFL. Kersten was only dropped for 1 week despite being worse for longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played 3 wet games in a row in which all of our tall forwards were pure garbage. But Tabs was the only one dropped.

And he's remained dropped for 6 weeks despite dominating WAFL. Kersten was only dropped for 1 week despite being worse for longer.
The only thing I can agree on is all three of them were playing like s**t. That doesn't give Taberner rights to play over Kersten though.
While Kersten didn't contribute much, Taberner actually made it worse for the team, e.g. giving away a critical 50m penalty vs Collingwood, which occurred when he just run past the guy taking his kick, he was absolutely off with fairies and his game sense was completely non-existent.

Tabs kicked 6 goals in a team that won convincingly. You absolutely cannot say that if he came in, he would outperform Kersten. Kersten is s**t, but at the same time, Tabs is definitely not better than him.

In the same vein as my previous post, maybe Lyon figures Kersten doesn't have such an extensive history of letting him down yet so has a few more chances up his sleeve?

I'm not particularly anti-Tabs, but I could understand if the match committee patience is starting to wear out.
Kersten just stays at his consistent 0-4 marks per game, plus a goal a game. Never lets anyone down, nor does he tries to heighten expectations. Probably the better game to have. 6 disposals should be enough..

Kersten just stays at his consistent 0-4 marks per game, plus a goal a game. Never lets anyone down, nor does he tries to heighten expectations. Probably the better game to have. 6 disposals should be enough..
Dont forget the 1.3 tackles. Important that 1.3 tackle may well be :rolleyes:

Grey made some poor/slow decisions against NM and cost us certain goal the week before. Guys like Deluca and Crozier probably deserve a spot ahead of him for this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back