what clever game tactics do you know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have been thinking of a few potential tactics to be used in close games.

1. you have the lead, race into open goal, but just sit there, waiting for someone to come get you to waste time. I think Montagna did it this year.

2. Drawn game with not long to go. after a bounce up, you have the ball in a tightly contested spot 5m from goal by the point post, so you deliberately kick a behind, than to bother going for a goal and ******* up.

3. Drawn game, Go for a try. Wrong sport I know, but what the hey.

1. you have the lead, race into open goal, but just sit there, waiting for someone to come get you to waste time. I think Montagna did it this year.

2. Drawn game with not long to go. after a bounce up, you have the ball in a tightly contested spot 5m from goal by the point post, so you deliberately kick a behind, than to bother going for a goal and ******* up.

Examples 2 and 3 hand the ball to the opposition and give them a chance to score from the resulting kick in. Neither are clever.

With options 2 and 3 you'd definitely need to know that there was less than 10-15 seconds left. Otherwise you're handing possession to the opposition who thenhave enough time to go coast-to-coast.

With options 2 and 3 you'd definitely need to know that there was less than 10-15 seconds left. Otherwise you're handing possession to the opposition who thenhave enough time to go coast-to-coast.
And guess what? they do know, runners are out there telling players how much time is left.
They would know at least that they had less than 30 seconds remaining.

Option 2 was about risking scoring at all, but just get the point.

Option 3 could be easier to get the score than kicking a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_5469.JPG

Take a dump in your shorts so no one wants to get near you

I was on a NYE boat party a few years back where a guy was so munted he shat his dacks on the dance floor and spent the entire night dancing with an exclusion zone. The boat was small so you couldn't avoid him and you couldn't get off for hours. Filthy campaigner.

This tactic seems to be fashionable

e68544f30deca5d8429ea40ff18e6ed8

I was on a NYE boat party a few years back where a guy was so munted he shat his dacks on the dance floor and spent the entire night dancing with an exclusion zone. The boat was small so you couldn't avoid him and you couldn't get off for hours. Filthy campaigner.

I'm going to have ******* nightmares about that :(

Indeed. Better strategy is to take on 3 tacklers, get spun 360 degrees then drop the ball and get some teammates to jump on top of you. Guaranteed stoppage with current interpretations.

From a kick out after a behind. Stack all your players on one side of the field. So if the opposition maintains a zone then you will outnumber the opposition and have a good chance to maintain possession.

If the opposition decides to abandon the zone and commit players to your side of the field, you have a few of the quicker players in your side to make a break for the now relatively open space the opposition team has left for you.

This is harder to set up going into the forward 50 but if there is a break for a blood rule, stretcher etc and you have the ball forward of centre the same tactic could be used.

2 hours before the game, ring every single electrician, plumber and pest control expert etc on the internet and tell them that there is a problem in your opponents change rooms, get them to arrive at the same time as they are trying to prepare.

Also send in a false news report that something major has happened e.g twin towers, dead Queen, Paul McCartney hospitalised , Dalai Lama has s**t himself etc via one of the tradies.

Anything to put them off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back