List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood has shown plenty this year and we have a fair few players to leave and hence gaps to fill. I'd rather take him than someone at pick 65+. Simple as that for me. Once he is on the list he can play his way into the team like anyone else.
A tim Kelly or an inside mid version of Luke ryan if develop properly is more than a Cat B like greenwood.

Except that is only potential. Greenwood has performed well in the AFL. I don't mind us having a stab on either of those two you mentioned as well.
If Adelaide can turn potential from 2015 draft year to 2017 greenwood, why can't freo ?

Last edited:

You'd have to think yes. MJ and Dawson to retire if not this year then next. A Pearce and Collins take their spots on the list.
Then he's still stuck in the WAFL playing 3rd string behind Hamling and Pearce and that'll stay the same for the next 10 years, so why would he stay, it's career suicide.

Unless we play him as our 3rd tall, but you'd think Logue gets the gig there.

He's performing well enough to expect to get a game with another team, or certainly more opportunity. We picked him over Silvagni at the end of last year, who is getting games, so there would surely be some interest.

Then he's still stuck in the WAFL playing 3rd string behind Hamling and Pearce and that'll stay the same for the next 10 years, so why would he stay, it's career suicide.

Unless we play him as our 3rd tall, but you'd think Logue gets the gig there.

He's performing well enough to expect to get a game with another team, or certainly more opportunity. We picked him over Silvagni at the end of last year, who is getting games, so there would surely be some interest.
I've always thought he's off to Hawthorn at the end of this contract. He played VFL with Box Hill and won a premiership with them. Hawthorn need more key defenders so would make sense. I'd take their third rounder for him if he requested to go home.

I've always thought he's off to Hawthorn at the end of this contract. He played VFL with Box Hill and won a premiership with them. Hawthorn need more key defenders so would make sense. I'd take their third rounder for him if he requested to go home.
Will go the delist or pre season path , you only get value like third Rd by playing AfL game . If he ask to go home , will be roberton path .

What do we all think of Tim O'Brien? Is OOC this year from what I gather.

Problem is that Hawthorne don't have their first and second this year. They have GWS's second, then their third. This means that while that third won't have much currency to us, it will be more valuable to them. If we where to get anything it would almost certainly be forth round or worse.

Collins won't get much interest. He's undersized, slow and has poor foot skills. Will be either delisted or sign a one year contract. More than likely he'll end up staying with us - Roberton had other reasons for returning home and would've signed if he didn't. If he gets delisted it's anyone's guess whether he gets another go. Better players haven't.

Collins won't get much interest. He's undersized, slow and has poor foot skills. Will be either delisted or sign a one year contract. More than likely he'll end up staying with us - Roberton had other reasons for returning home and would've signed if he didn't. If he gets delisted it's anyone's guess whether he gets another go. Better players haven't.
To be fair I think he's a bit better than you're giving him credit for. Got thrown in the deep end last year and played some good footy, while getting monstered by the likes of Kennedy on occasion (but who hasn't?).
Ideally he'd stay on as he's perfect depth, but wouldn't begrudge him looking for more opportunity. We're fairly stacked for KPD's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair I think he's a bit better than you're giving him credit for. Got thrown in the deep end last year and played some good footy, while getting monstered by the likes of Kennedy on occasion (but who hasn't?).
Ideally he'd stay on as he's perfect depth, but wouldn't begrudge him looking for more opportunity. We're fairly stacked for KPD's.
I wouldnt worry too much about Collins, has played well enough in two leagues, and has value. Dominates his position
for Peel.
I bet the buldogs would love him, and its funny how Hamling couldn't get a game till injury, wasn't highly regarded with
them or cats, now he looks elite.
Same with Clement, Roberton, Silvagni, sometimes a change of scenery, coaching, turns careers around.

Err... they can and will have several other draft picks to do so.

Would you trade pick 38 (or whatever it was) for Joel Hamling again or would you rather go to the draft?
I will get Joel hamling , look at freo backline depth Johnson, Dawson ,Collins ,ibbo .
And midfield depth Neale, fyfe,Walters ,s.hill, blakely. But scenarios will change if one of balic,tucker or langdon go . I won't get greenwood as priority until freo know what happen to unsign players

Exactly, both options are fine. Why not do both?
There is no GWs around this time to get the extra third round plus cam Mac.

Pick 3= cam Mac, pick 7,pick 34 and pick 72.

That wasn't my point.

We will have several picks. ~5 41 43 60 etc - it is fine to use some on trades and take the rest to the draft. It is not rocket science.
Ok , but will be a lot different come trade and draft time . I think greenwood will sign with Adelaide with Thompson retire end of the season . They will have Adelaide version of sherriden in their side too.

So... Who is this Greenwood fellow?
GREENWOOD%20Hugh.png

190cm+ mid/fwd from Tassie that prays a lot. Not against making a play for him as we could possibly do with some religious assistance on our injury front.

GREENWOOD%20Hugh.png

190cm+ mid/fwd from Tassie that prays a lot. Not against making a play for him as we could possibly do with some religious assistance on our injury front.
? Don't get your joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back