2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Every one of the players you named is a good-excellent user if the ball. Sutcliffe is a burden with the ball in hand. Getting a few touches and the odd goal at WAFL level doesn't change the fact that he is an absolute liability at AFL level.

There's more to footy than some 0's and 1's on the stat sheet, which is what the vast majority of peanuts here don't aknowledge, which is why Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Spurr, Tabs etc still get talked up despite being utter garbage to anyone with a clue.

Unfortunately, not every player in a team is going be a great user of the footy. Where do you put the players with lesser kicking skills? In a place where they can do the least damage or the most? Teams do also need players who can run all day, find space and spread. Kicking efficiency is also going to decline when pressure is applied and there are less options to kick it to. Our conceding of many scores from turnover is indicative of this.

Question, do you think Dylan Roberton would be playing just as good as he is at St Kilda at Freo if he were still here and in our backline?

Question, do you think Dylan Roberton would be playing just as good as he is at St Kilda at Freo if he were still here and in our backline?
Ross Lyon was at the Peel game and I put that very question to him.
Quick as a cracking whip he shot back with 'They've destroyed his creativity and he's just hanging in there with his love for the game.'
'I'd have him humming like a tuning fork if I had him back here!'

Unfortunately, not every player in a team is going be a great user of the footy. Where do you put the players with lesser kicking skills? In a place where they can do the least damage or the most? Teams do also need players who can run all day, find space and spread. Kicking efficiency is also going to decline when pressure is applied and there are less options to kick it to. Our conceding of many scores from turnover is indicative of this.

WTF does Roberton at St Kilda have to do with anything? The fact is the match committee see the mids playing seniors deserve their spot ahead of Sutcliffe. He's a poorer disposer of the ball than our current mids and can't do the grunt work Suban offers. The only player I'd bring him in for is Sheridan but thankfully Mundy is replacing him.

My issue with Sutcliffe is that he's too slow to make a decision and a poor user of the ball at AFL level. Every other one of our mids has him covered in both of those areas.

WTF does Roberton at St Kilda have to do with anything? The fact is the match committee see the mids playing seniors deserve their spot ahead of Sutcliffe. He's a poorer disposer of the ball than our current mids and can't do the grunt work Suban offers. The only problem layer I'd bring him in for is Sheridan but thankfully Mundy is replacing him.

My issue with Sutcliffe is that he's too slow to make a decision and a poor user of the ball at AFL level. Every other one of our mids has him covered in both of those areas.

Work the Roberton thing out yourself.

I think Tab deserve a chance but let's not carried away by this performance. Compare to R1 wafl where barrass and Schofield plays this East Perth defense is not that strong. Nothing against Tab , just incase he play for freo and not firing the finger point at Ross game plan .

Hadn't felt like tabs was doing much in the first half.
Heard an old bloke talking how tabs got a bake at half time for not going hard enough.
Came out and absolutely dominated, marked everything kicked straight. He leads East Perth 5.0 30 to 4.5 29

On SM-A5100 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were you sitting behind 4 old dudes?

Ross Lyon was at the Peel game and I put that very question to him.
Quick as a cracking whip he shot back with 'They've destroyed his creativity and he's just hanging in there with his love for the game.'
'I'd have him humming like a tuning fork if I had him back here!'

There's no way this is serious...right? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work the Roberton thing out yourself.
Roberton wanted to go back to Vic to raise his young family. He was in the seniors at Freo. Sutcliffe has played 95 games and peaked in 2013. He has played well at Peel and that's about his level. I still don't get your point. Who does he deserve a game ahead of in the seniors?

Nice to meet you then.:D

Nice to meet you

eQl3dHA.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back