List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
? Don't get your joke
Not a joke. His Christian faith is really important to him, as is his mother who is battling cancer. Seems like he has his head screwed on. He's also a former basketballer (and a really good one) so surely he'd prefer to watch the Wildcats each week in the Perth Arena (amongst 13k people) over that 36ers mob.

Not a joke. His Christian faith is really important to him, as is his mother who is battling cancer. Seems like he has his head screwed on. He's also a former basketballer (and a really good one) so surely he'd prefer to watch the Wildcats each week in the Perth Arena (amongst 13k people) over that 36ers mob.
Sorry I didn't know that
WTG , Clems Knee

.is he that good ? without the (wildcats) story will you still keen on getting him .

Last edited:

Collins won't get much interest. He's undersized, slow and has poor foot skills. Will be either delisted or sign a one year contract. More than likely he'll end up staying with us - Roberton had other reasons for returning home and would've signed if he didn't. If he gets delisted it's anyone's guess whether he gets another go. Better players haven't.

It's nice to be better at those ' measurable ' type traits but as a KPD you can overcome them if you are great at reading the ball in flight , strong in the one on ones and can judge the should I stay or should I go moments ala one of the most underrated current KPD's Heath Grundy
Some one who has seen him more at WAFL level might be able to paint a clearer picture

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he hangs around in hotel rooms a lot (joys of afl)... Maybe we replace the bedside copies of Gideons Bible with Nietzsches "The Gay Science" (god is dead after all).

AFL and christianity are odd bedfellows in my books and it wasn't helpful up in the Gold Coast - thinking of GAJ and the rest of the playing group.

If he hangs around in hotel rooms a lot (joys of afl)... Maybe we replace the bedside copies of Gideons Bible with Nietzsches "The Gay Science" (god is dead after all).

AFL and christianity are odd bedfellows in my books and it wasn't helpful up in the Gold Coast - thinking of GAJ and the rest of the playing group.
As far as I concern , I don't care what religious the players are on as long you don't have people kill (themselves and other) thinking there will be 12 sexy lady waiting for them in heaven .

Last edited:
To be fair I think he's a bit better than you're giving him credit for. Got thrown in the deep end last year and played some good footy, while getting monstered by the likes of Kennedy on occasion (but who hasn't?).
Ideally he'd stay on as he's perfect depth, but wouldn't begrudge him looking for more opportunity. We're fairly stacked for KPD's.

Agree with this. He's better than most pure depth players and tbh I don't think we are as well covered as most think IF Brennan Cox turns out to be a KPF for us inside the best 22. I'd rather keep Collins than rob Peter to play Paul every time Hamling or Pearce is injured next year. Long term I'd want us to develop something better (if Collins can improve his weaknesses could even be him) but I doubt we'll use a decent pick on a KPD when we've got so many other holes to fill so it's probably a late/rookie selection if at all. I'd prefer him to stay but wouldn't be overly fussed if he walked. I just think there's a few better KPDs running around in the reserves that may be of a little more interest to opposition clubs which will probably mean he's on our list next year.

As far as I concern , I don't care what religious the players are on as long you don't have people kill (themselves and other) thinking there will be 12 sexy lady waiting for them in heaven .

I do - if they make their way to captain as with GAJ in GC. But in this particular instance, well, Hackdorn has signed Fyfe up to us for a few more years, so won't be a problem.

To be fair I think he's a bit better than you're giving him credit for. Got thrown in the deep end last year and played some good footy, while getting monstered by the likes of Kennedy on occasion (but who hasn't?).
Ideally he'd stay on as he's perfect depth, but wouldn't begrudge him looking for more opportunity. We're fairly stacked for KPD's.

Agreed, for me he is in the Silvagni bucket of 'excellent backup, probably don't want him playing 22 games as your main KPD'

Not sure where this talk of looking for more opportunity is coming from though. He's played a decent amount of games with us over 1.5 years, and is clearly rated over Dawson going forward. He was under the Hawks' nose for a year and they didn't pick him up before us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of what we need next season I would think we desperately need a small forward to replace Ballantyne who will probably not play on beyond 2018. A back-up ruckman as Sandi and Apeness are injury prone and I don't think Clarke and Griffin will be on the list at the end of the season. Another tall forward, and probably some midfield depth.

I think it would be silly of us not to take Liam Ryan from Subiaco. His form in the last 18-24 months has been irresistible.
To cover the ruck we could pick up a mature age prospect like Tom Goodwin from the VFL. He is only a ruckman and doesn't offer as much around the ground but he's the best ready made option available if Sandi and Darcy were to go down with injury. As a TF who would be a good pickup?

How can you possibly combine Christianity and Phycology that is so counter intuitive I'm tipping great internal turmoil which will manifest in some strange way a bit further down the line .... buyer beware

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very narrow view of both Christianity and psychology.

... you know Fyfe crosses himself before the bounce, right?

He dd go to Aquinas.

Then again lots of country parents tell their kids to cross themselves so they can get into Aquinas and pay half the fees that you'd pay in an Anglican private school :D

He dd go to Aquinas.

Then again lots of country parents tell their kids to cross themselves so they can get into Aquinas and pay half the fees that you'd pay in an Anglican private school :D
A lot of good comes out of Aquinas. Fyfe, Duffield, Peter Bell, Ben Allan and the academy kid Jason Carter all went/go to Aquinas.

On the non freo side of things: Simon Black, Patrick Cripps, Elliot Yeo, Quinten Lynch and Daniel Kerr.

Some fairly decent footballers there. Maybe Jesus does help them a little.

A lot of good comes out of Aquinas. Fyfe, Duffield, Peter Bell, Ben Allan and the academy kid Jason Carter all went/go to Aquinas.

On the non freo side of things: Simon Black, Patrick Cripps, Elliot Yeo, Quinten Lynch and Daniel Kerr.

I thought mother Mary ?

Simon Black hardly came out of AQ.

He lasted 1 semester in year 10 and left
He never played a footy game for them either. He hated Aquinas as much as I did. We both went from our previous high school Corpus (both forced by our parents) over there and he left before I did.

He however was a terrific footballer as a junior and I was very lucky to have played many seasons with him for Bullcreek JFC.

That aside Aq has produced some terrific footy players over the years.

He never played a footy game for them either. He hated Aquinas as much as I did. We both went from our previous high school Corpus (both forced by our parents) over there and he left before I did.

He however was a terrific footballer as a junior and I was very lucky to have played many seasons with him for Bullcreek JFC.

Allow me to have my subjective view point, damn you.

Fellow Corpus ulumni here. s**t house school and I would never consider sending my child there.

All the Aquinas guys my age were absolute flogs and rightly got their asses kicked every at every party.

You forgot one, me.

Fellow Corpus ulumni here. s**t house school and I would never consider sending my child there.

All the Aquinas guys my age were absolute flogs and rightly got their asses kicked every at every party.

I think my previous post is flog like.

Never got my ass kicked at a party though.

Good footy school too Corpus. I went to Narrogin and after we won country week in 1993 we had to play them in a 1 off. McManus and the Carr brothers played for them. McManus was already playing WAFL league at that stage. We got flogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back