2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah never seen anything like that before.

What happened with de Boer?

I've seen him bounce back from worse hits. Funny angle of a forearm/elbow to the head during a tackle. Good to see DeBoer and Tendai in the GWS side but geez that Western Sydney lifestyle must turn blokes a bit soft...

Yeah we ain't getting a 3-setter from the looks.

Could be all over in 20 minutes.

Amazing how quickly and completely such an experienced player like Venus went to water in this 2nd set.

Could be all over in 20 minutes.

Only took 10 :eek:

Never would have picked that after that hard fought first set. This is why I find tennis one of the most interesting sports from a psychological perspective. Sometimes you see amazing repeat clutch moments under extreme pressure... and sometimes you see this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only took 10 :eek:

Never would have picked that after that hard fought first set. This is why I find tennis one of the most interesting sports from a psychological perspective. Sometimes you see amazing repeat clutch moments under extreme pressure... and sometimes you see this.
Such a fine line between getting a shot perfect or stuffing it up, easy game to choke.

Still generally a pretty dull spectator sport though imo.

Is AFLX get the go ahead or still not yet confirmed? I actually like the concept , can see how it can improve players short kick and decision making .

* Prefer young player with restrictions on the number of star players .

Eg croz,sutty , sherriden , zac Clarke ,ibbo, duman type.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the way the Force have been treated by the ARU. The Force have recognised the weaknesses in having a non-AFL team in Perth, and instead of trying to compete with head to head crowd numbers they've focused on grassroots development as a means of establishing a supporter base. I went to a Western Spirit game which is the Force reserves and there was a good WAFL sized crowd and a huge integration of the junior and amateur clubs at the game. To think that they might be axed because the senior team has had a few rough years on field (not the only Australian team to suffer it by any stretch) when there is an unsustainable plastic franchise losing money in Victoria is sad. I really hope they end up surviving.

What's everyone's thought on the current 6-6-6 fixturing. Obviously it was brought in to try and keep the ladder closer when they was quite a gap between the good and bad sides.

The league seems to really be evening up, Brissy and Carlton will be stronger next year bringing them closer to the pack.

Is now the time to switch to a rolling draw that spans over the seasons? Simply play every team home then next time it's away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back