heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
When you look at it westcoast are only one game ahead of Fremantle on the ladder. They have a lot of older more seasoned and experienced players. Youth is on our side. Westcoast has more taller key position players. We have the more mid/small running types. It comes down to ball movement and delivery. We need to have a smaller forward half and use that to our advantage. No bomb inside 50s to McGovern. Short kicks to find a leading target (Walters,Neale,Ballantyne,Mundy,) for example. With Mundy back use Fyfe forward even. We must use a spare man in defence to stop the leading Kennedy. Without Kennedy westcoast don't have a forward line. We can win this

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Seriously, can't they put this game on 2 hours later? 7:30am on a Sunday is a killer.

7.30am!!! Do alarm clocks even go that early, lol.

I think you just lost all privileges to ever call any of our players soft.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Quietly confident we can get the job done. Most of my West Coast mates have been very quiet when I asked them about the game. None of them were willing to do the usual $20 bet we do.

I think as long as Freo can score more than West Coast then they will win. (Say it in Dermies know- it-all voice.)

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last year you blokes were old and supposedly challenging for a flag. You came 16th.

This year we are old and we were supposedly challenging for a flag. We are languishing mid-table.

Any advice on how to handle this situation as a diehard fan? I know it's slightly different with the magnitude of the two situations, but there are some parallels.

The situations are more similar than you would think except you guys are more 2015 dockers than 2016. The great streak early 15 was the top of the mountain for us and during the 2nd half of the season anyone with a decent eye could see we were gone as a flag chance.
A lot of us were yelling for change well before the prelim and I was pretty bitter towards Lyon that he wouldn't gamble a bit there ( but we've been down that road on here )
No one wants to hear it they will say blah blah losing culture this and
' adjust the game plan ' that but it's hard to hear your premiership window slam shut when everyone has their fingers in their ears singing the club song as loud as they can
The ' success ' of 2015 handcuffed freo for 2016 after a prelim you kind of have to try to wring one last chance out of the list but objectively it was a waste of 12 months between halfway through 15 and 16
I personally think AFL clubs should play the percentages better than they do but the romance and passion of footy makes it hard to do that so looking at WC 2017
5% - get hot at right time and pinch a flag ala Dogs
40% - make the finals but do nothing
40 % - finish 9 to 12 pushing for finals i.e picking best team
10% - fall in a hole but can't admit it's over
5% - admit it's over either sack the coach or re-sign him long term
and start the rebuild
It's a tricky proposition but the best case ( bar a flag obviously ) is the last one but that would be a lot more clinical than footy clubs tend to be because the people who have to pull the pin could also be pulling the pin on their careers
It took us 18 months from the first whiff of decline to fully come to terms with where we were at ( some of our supporters still haven't ) so I think you've some hard time ahead the best you can hope for is to reduce that 18 months of indecision and lack of direction
But hey being in a rebuilding side is pretty fun if you have some decent kids and some of the old spuds start to get phased out , the losses don't gut you like they do when your in contention

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think we're all thinking a bit too much about the Weags here... just another team.

Another win against a mid-level team will indicate that we're well and truly in the right track.

If we're within -15~ to +20~ at the end I'll be happy

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
391831_eb55ce9cf40f1a18be9268f5eb98e36f.JPG

Shamelessly stolen from Godfather32 on the WCE board. Since the 2011 draft. Not sure on the cut off date but probably before Cox/Darcy/Deluca/Nyhuis debuts if I recall correctly.

How good.
Mate, gotta feel sorry for the Eagles. I honestly had no idea how bad the situation was. There needs to be a formal outcry and actions taken! That damn WAFL fixture has been conspiring against their young kids for 6 years now!!! No wonder they finally brought it to light - LOLZ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
How are people so confident? yikes! Kennedy generally has his way with us in recent memory.

Kind of wish tabs had been named.

you must be a satisfied customer based on his performances all year then.
I am waiting for the feedback form on Priddis' performance in 2017. I don't hold much hope of being asked to provide any thoughts.

He is a gun that has a Brownlow, show some respect!
Credits in the bank etc etc.

Who tags Priddis? I would've thought Ross Lyon would be speedy enough to go with him tbh.

Tazmania

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2007
Back in WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
heads up everyone. My 8year old daughter is coming with me today to the game. She has never seen the dockers lose. Every time I take her we win!

I put it down to her being extremely enthusiastic and equipped with a very loud and high pitched squeal which she pulls out of the bag when the opposition has the ball and this puts them off.

can I advise that if you're sitting at the eastern end take care to ensure hearing protection.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
heads up everyone. My 8year old daughter is coming with me today to the game. She has never seen the dockers lose. Every time I take her we win!

I put it down to her being extremely enthusiastic and equipped with a very loud and high pitched squeal which she pulls out of the bag when the opposition has the ball and this puts them off.

can I advise that if you're sitting at the eastern end take care to ensure hearing protection.

Things are looking good then. I'm wearing my lucky 'home' shirt.

Well, we've done our bit. Now it's up to the players to fill their end of the bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back