Remove this Banner Ad

vWestCoast

Premiership Player
Dec 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Interesting comments from Kane Cornes this morning saying that during his time at Adelaide players had to pull him up and tell him to stop carrying on with injuries.

Will agree Cornes is a * wit and normally wouldn't even listen to him but noticed a lot of people in the game thread yesterday accused him of the same thing.

Personally I believe he's tough as nails but he 100% exaggerates injuries and almost every game you think there's a chance he's done for the game or even the year only for him to just get up 5-10 seconds later.

Interesting comments from Kane Cornes this morning saying that during his time at Adelaide players had to pull him up and tell him to stop carrying on with injuries.

Will agree Cornes is a **** wit and normally wouldn't even listen to him but noticed a lot of people in the game thread yesterday accused him of the same thing.

Personally I believe he's tough as nails but he 100% exaggerates injuries and almost every game you think there's a chance he's done for the game or even the year only for him to just get up 5-10 seconds later.

Of course he does. He's done it his whole career. Doesn't mind a flop either

He looked like he had been shot, then 2 minutes later he was sprinting and marking and playing fine.

Still had 90% gametime - 4th most for the Cats.

So much media attention for a just niggling injury.

He's no Selwood, Hodge or Brett Kirk. Those guys play through pain without a whimper.

He looked like he had been shot, then 2 minutes later he was sprinting and marking and playing fine.

Still had 90% gametime.

He's no Selwood, Hodge or Brett Kirk. Those guys play through pain without a whimper.

Marking and playing just fine? If he was fine he wouldn't be playing in the forward line. He was clearly struggling. Not his fault that the Hawks defense couldn't match him

He also got smashed up in last years game against Port but just got in with the game. I guess I don't understand where this is coming from. The amount of crashing and throwing himself around that he does, doesn't seem like he acts injured all that often?

Add Cripps to that. Has tried getting back on the field with a broken leg, played with broken jaw and ribs and still doesn't take a backwards step.

Not really adding to the convo I know, but it's Cripps. Get around him!

This thread really sums up Bigfooty, and supporters in general. Dangerfield was clearly injured, went back out onto the field and played an inspirational amazing game in the forward line. And yet some just dismiss it and then make weird claims about how he exaggerated injuries. Who even thinks like that?

This sport truly is full of sad sad people who sees the worst in others and just downplays everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously didn't watch the game then considering he couldn't run. He got beaten to the ball by Brand ffs

What a load of garbage. You're simply trolling using the Hawthorn v Geelong banner to get on board. One of the best MIDFIELDERS of the competition doesn't just rest in the forward line for the game because he wants to. You're pretty filthy he has had 11 cracks at the sticks and his contribution buried you.

Agree with Kane. Noticed it back when he was playing for the Crows. He's a tough player but he likes to let the crowd and camera know when he gets a knock.

Although I was surprised there was no act 3 when Hodge collected him with the bump towards the end of the game. Thought we were in for an encore.

Agree with Kane. Noticed it back when he was playing for the Crows. He's a tough player but he likes to let the crowd and camera know when he gets a knock.

Although I was surprised there was no act 3 when Hodge collected him with the bump towards the end of the game. Thought we were in for an encore.
Might have contradicted yourself a bit there?

I think what happened was that he wore a corkie or bruised bone from that crash with JR. Roughead isn't really a delicate bloke and meeting him in a contest isn't something you'd really want to happen if it could be avoided.

Or maybe that is part of being a tough player? Copping the injury, then playing through it.

Was around the same time Danger and Jenkins copped bruised ribs, danger kept playing and then played through the next few weeks (not as well as normal mind you) with a guard, where as Jenkins went to hospital in an ambulance and missed a few weeks.

So maybe he's just really tough, or maybe Jenkins is a little bitch. Maybe a little of both.
Except Jenkins really had broken ribs and the club lied at first because Jenkins wanted to try and play next week.. don't let the facts get in the way of a good story tho.

Kane may want to watch the contest in the 4th where Danger and Hodge cannoned into one another while battling for the ball. Both bounced up immediately after despite the bump being brutal. If Danger exaggerated, he would have stayed down for a good while. Methinks sharing a desk with Tony Jones and Damian Barrett every Sunday has turned Cornes into a sensationalist hack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back