Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Kersten, Ballantyne
In: Taberner, Deluca

I'd actually like to see McCarthy, Taberner and Cox given a go together
I don't rate Tabs but a change in structure can't hurt.

Somebody needs to show brad Hill the way he used to kick the ball. Man he stunk in the bits I saw today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The delivery is a symptom of having no structure to speak of - it was like everyone who drifted forward was playing with a lobotomy.

If we're wiping everyone who made stupid decisions we'll have Sutcliffe, Pearce and Ibbo running around next week.

Tabs McCarthy and Deluca in

Kersten, Spurr and ? Out

Crozier to HB for Spurr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in tabs is a definite. like to see him play as the back up ruck as well. maybe keep Kersten deep at all times as his mobility is limited or even out of the team. Spurr was solid but he is the scapegoat along with Lyon's gameplan. aside from the 3 misses at goal, brad hill was excellent but drop him to appease the dummy spitters and put in Danyle Pearce. Sack Lyon and put in David Hale for his personality. Anyone over 30 to be dropped as well - Mundy, Johnson, Frodo and delist Sandy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think tabs and cox can be in the same team..likewise with nyhuis and spurr. Nyhuis was supposed to play fwd but didn't deliver.

Not sure about logue at the minute. Maybe keep him in. I personally didn't think Kersten was that bad.

Ballas needs a kick up the arse.

What to do with Tabs and McCarthy? come straight in ?

In- De Luca, Tabs, McCarthy
Out- Spurr (wishful thinking), Kersten, Logue

Nyhuis takes Logue spot at least. Cox can move half back. Spurr just slows everything down and limits our half back run.

Out:

Subes
Ballantyne ******* atrocious
Kersten be more involved campaigner.

In:

Craberner
Deluca
A warm body

Last week I was spot on with my ins and outs. So after I post my thoughts, we may as well close the thread.

Definite outs - Nyhuis & Suban
Should be outs - Logue & Kersten

Definite ins - McCarthy & Taberner
Possible ins - Sutcliffe & Deluca

In bold is who I'd bet my house on. Thought Kersten was particularly poor, does everything half arsed, but for whatever reason gets a run of games.

Suban simply needs to go. Today just highlighted how bad he can be. Half stopped Shuey, but what does it matter if you turn the ball over regularly. Nyhuis unluckily an out too. No impact on the game and was the last one in.

McCarthy obviously is an automatic and Taberner with 11 goals in last 2 weeks earns a recall and hopefully can close out the season with some consistent performances.

Nyhuis dropped over that? Come on. The I50s were so poor, and every kick went straight to Hurn or McGovern. Ross was ignorant not to play Tabs, no way we had a chance with a similar set up as the first derby

Options to come in are fairly limited
Balic and Langdon both injured
Grey missed a game and probs needs to play a WAFL game or two
McCarthy should come back via WAFL, 2 weeks out and he was already out of form
Sutty and Ibbo I don't want to see in purple ever again
Leaves us with Deluca and Tabs
Deluca was decent in the WAFL and I want to see more of him at AFL level
Tabs has to come in, his form deserves the reward, he can kick straight and I don't like Cox as the second ruck.

Nyhuis dropped over that? Come on. The I50s were so poor, and every kick went straight to Hurn or McGovern. Ross was ignorant not to play Tabs, no way we had a chance with a similar set up as the first derby

He was shifted to defence for a reason..

I would like him to stay..and have spurr dropped. But that wont happen

I feel like this is on repeat, but Spurr: Delist. Just.....

Time for MJ to go too.

On GT-I9506 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Getting rid of Spurr and MJ is a terrible idea. Hamling would be the "experience" in the backline with 30 games.

One of them has to play on next year and at this stage I would prefer MJ. They both look slow but at least Johnno is doing most of the rest well. Spurr is having trouble impacting. I am a big Spurr fan too, but the last month or so he has been struggling defensively which was the part that made his kicking passable.

That said, I have no real problem playing them both. I know they aren't super effective but we are trying to develop the youngsters not win the flag. Better having them there to teach for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back