Autopsy Eagles Def Freo by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Garbage entries is an understatement. Pathetic effort today - for all the heat that McCarty and Kersten get, crozier just flies under the radar. Taberner is being made to earn his place. Crozier needs to go back to the wafl and kick some goals. His kicking into the forward line was terrible

-Shocking accuracy
-Pathetic disposal efficiency
-Garbage entries into the forward 50

Appalling game.

Have at it.

Why? You already said all the good bits.

Maybe we try having having a forward structure, just for the lols. You know, where we have blokes forward who lead.

Maybe we should train to hit people on those leads instead of bombing it it blindly

May we should avoid having these observations made ever week.

edit: What does Kersten actually offer? He averages 1 goal per game which is less than McCarthy or Tabs, yet he seemingly doesn't have to earn his place. He goes missing for most of the game and everyone goes crazy when he pops up for a goal. On merit, wouldn't get a game in Peel seniors

Positives - Ryan played well. Nhyuis showing he is very good one on one, Blakely having a good year and Fyfe ok

Negatives - Logue not having the strength to play on darling. Lots almost every contest. Need to bring ibbotson back in or play cox or Collins back. He needs another year in wafl before plays back. Crozier, Ballantyne, Kersten, Spurr, Stephen hill

Really poor game of football.
Not overly upset with anything other than entries into the forward line which were appalling.
The goal kicking accuracy was a freak outlier and anything closer to our norm and we win the game.

The in the back call against Suban made my blood boil, to put us within 2 goals with 10 mins with all the momentum instead it killed any momentum we had.
The loss stings but not as much as a first round exit from finals followed by the recruitment by another couple 34 years olds.
We know where we are and WCE have not much too look forward to.
I look forward to Priddis being wheeled out for the first bounce of the 2025 season, are motorised wheelchairs legal or?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could you miss suban? Every call on the radio where he was involved - turnover, kicked between two of our guys, turnover, turnover, ballas almost away but missed the handball, turnover

Suban and brad hill's kicking was aweful today. They have runs on the board as usually good kicks so will cut them a bit of slack, but agree both were terrible

Actually a lot of positives today, just that last bit of polish is lacking. The butchers apron was well and truly on.

I'm not usually one for bashing our own players buuut, I'm really struggling to see why we spent our precious pick 8 on Griffin Logue.

He is neither the cream nor the cake and shouldn't be in the team.

He's one of the sprinkles that decorate the cake. They can be tasty, makes the cake look good, but no real substance behind it and most wouldn't care or recognise if it wasn't there.

That said Suban was by far a dead set spud. His turnovers were beyond bad.

Was that football we were playing? Rubbish skills and disposals.

Apparently we were 14% kicking efficiency in our forward half? Totally s**t.

Sick of the opponent's BOG being a defender just intercepting our kicks or sweeping up our kicks and waltzing out of defence. Story of our lives since 2013.

Things I learnt:

- We STILL need a big fwd who knows how to lead, mark and kick goals.

- WC are the biggest pretenders since my over-weight Uncle Jim played the Tooth fairy in the community hall play. If they are going to get smashed in the clearances and around the ground by a bunch of kids, they've got no hope against half decent teams in this league. At least we know where we're at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back