Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Apparently he is.

We went forward 20 times in the first half without scoring it all, but the koolaid drinkers have forgotten about that and think the only reason we lost is missing shots at goal.
Ok, so tell me how Ross is meant to do it different. How are the forwards meant to mark the ball when B Hill dribbles it in at someones feet. Or when Suban leads for the ball and the player sits it on his head for Barrass to mark. Or how Kersten is leading one way and Neale kicks the ball to the other side of him. Or how Suban kicks inside 50 to 2 players and it goes in between them and out of bounds. Or how Ballantyne is leading back to the square and Kersten stuffs a hand pass up which allows 2 eagles to get inbetween. Or how B Hill kicks it off the side of his boot again. Or how Lachie Weller doesn't know whether to go for goal or the top of the square and does neither.

Seriously, you do not understand football one bit if you are blaming that all on the coach.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
We had 16 inside 50's in the first quarter for 0.3. The shanks came after that.

The point he was making is that you need to play four quarters to win and our lack of scoring in the first half gave them all the momentum.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not over looking it at all, been screaming out for Taberner for weeks. You just fund it easier to blame the coach every week

The coach is the one refusing to pick a key forward. The coach is the one playing 3 tall defenders but 0 tall forwards. The coach the is the one telling everyone in our forward line to push into the opponents defensive 50 so we have nobody to kick to when we turn it over. The coach is the one playing Nick Suban as a defensive forward on McGovern.

The coach. The coach. The coach.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are u so ignorant about all the other pathetic forward entries. The bombing it long and every other garbage entry that allows an intercept mark. Or the forward movement happening only to have to hold everything up and kick sideways because every one of our players had been in the other half. The whole structure is wrong, sure Ross can't kick it for them but he can sure as hell make sure they have tactics and a game plan to give us the best possible chance of kicking more than the opposition!!

Yeah 5.14 - with decent kicking we should be competing for the lead, with a decent game plan we should be well in front!!! I think that's what u r overlooking!!!

You're overlooking the fact that the reason we're in most of these games is the coaching.

Now either the message isn't getting through to the players to not bomb long to their marking players or we have dumb footy players. You saw ross reacting, he's not instructing them to do this crap. We have dumb players

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Suban and Spurr should never be seen again. If Spurr must be selected KEEP HIM WELL AWAY FROM THE BALL ROSS I.E. DON'T SEND HIM IN AS FIRST RECEIVER FROM KICK INS.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The coach is the one refusing to pick a key forward. The coach is the one playing 3 tall defenders but 0 tall forwards. The coach the is the one telling everyone in our forward line to push into the opponents defensive 50 so we have nobody to kick to when we turn it over. The coach is the one playing Nick Suban as a defensive forward on McGovern.

The coach. The coach. The coach.
And when Taberner was last playing, remind me what he did. Oh that's right, sweet * all. Yeah, picking Taberner solves all our problems. Pull your head out your arse.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're overlooking the fact that the reason we're in most of these games is the coaching.

Now either the message isn't getting through to the players to not bomb long to their marking players or we have dumb footy players. You saw ross reacting, he's not instructing them to do this crap. We have dumb players

Long bombs happen in footy. Sometimes you're under pressure and have no other choice. If Lyon's game plan can't accept that then he shouldn't coach.

This is not a fact. This is your opinion.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Long bombs happen in footy. Sometimes you're under pressure and have no other choice. If Lyon's game plan can't accept that then he shouldn't coach.

This is not a fact. This is your opinion.

It is a fact. You blame the coaching for everything when we're losing then must be something else if we're in it or up.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is a fact. You blame the coaching for everything when we're losing then must be something else if we're in it or up.

Let me know next time when we're in the 8 with a good percentage and I'll praise the coaching then.

We won 4 games last year and are looking like finishing bottom 3 again this year with a list that is not that bad.

If you're happy with that then you'd be happy with anything. Our game plan is god awful and it was obvious midway through 2015 that it needed changing. 2 years later, same old s**t. Lyon still trying to win games through defense when all the good teams are kicking 115 points per game.

balthazarthedonk

Senior List
Jul 6, 2011
Here and There
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok, so tell me how Ross is meant to do it different. How are the forwards meant to mark the ball when B Hill dribbles it in at someones feet. Or when Suban leads for the ball and the player sits it on his head for Barrass to mark. Or how Kersten is leading one way and Neale kicks the ball to the other side of him. Or how Suban kicks inside 50 to 2 players and it goes in between them and out of bounds. Or how Ballantyne is leading back to the square and Kersten stuffs a hand pass up which allows 2 eagles to get inbetween. Or how B Hill kicks it off the side of his boot again. Or how Lachie Weller doesn't know whether to go for goal or the top of the square and does neither.

Seriously, you do not understand football one bit if you are blaming that all on the coach.
You know, when the same criticism is made every game about forward structure. When you see Freo play 5 forwards, only one (if you are lucky) being over 192cm. When there is seemingly no improvement in leading patterns all year. When players have been bombing it long without lowering their eyes as long as I can remember. When the camera pans across the field and there is nobody in the entire forward half. Then, yeah, it's on the coach.
Other things on the coach are: the players stand too far off their man so Freo is killed by teams that just chip the ball quickly and accurately. Secondly, they seem to have lost the ability to make any tackle stick.
There are some really good young kids in this team. I worry whether we'll see the best of them unless the training and game plan changes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Terrible team selection. Playing Suban at CHF.

Awful effort from Lyon and if you cant see that you're thick as s**t.

Watching Suban contest the ball in the air with McGovern was cringeworthy, and you are correct it was a terrible match up and you have to wonder WTF is going on.

But we had multiple scoring shots that could easily be converted into 6 pointers, RTB cannot control that.

We are currently a bottom 4 side which is comparable to a young team in a rebuild.

Happy days are ahead

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let me next time when we're in the 8 with a good percentage and I'll praise the coaching then.

We won 4 games last year and are looking like finishing bottom 3 again this year with a list that is not that bad.

If you're happy with that then you'd be happy with anything. Our game plan is god awful and it was obvious midway through 2015 that it needed changing. 2 years later, same old s**t. Lyon still trying to win games through defense when all the good teams are kicking 115 points per game.

Clearly I'm not happy, but I'm not simplistic enough to blame the coach for everything.

Our game plan isn't that bad, we're just not skilled enough to do it properly. Missing those inside kicks and crap i50s aren't Lyons instructions.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clearly I'm not happy, but I'm not simplistic enough to blame the coach for everything.

Our game plan isn't that bad, we're just not skilled enough to do it properly. Missing those inside kicks and crap i50s aren't Lyons instructions.

Our game plan is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back