Discussion Round 17, 2017 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the Giants current get up, but they should get creative with the shorts and have it match each side of the jumper to create a fuller kit.
I think it would help blend it (same with the Demons and the red back jumper)

Oh I agree, but i think a permanent move to a charcoal back rather than the orange would be grouse. Can keep the orange for away games of course and then the white as the clash strip.

Orange is their brand though. There's enough 'dark' teams already
Agree, it's gotta be orange as a dominant colour. Switch the charcoal and the orange on the front and you've got an orange kit (with charcoal shorts preferably, and white/orange away), and then invert the lot and you've got a charcoal kit for away to Hawthorn, Sydney, GC. Then it's just Brisbane...

I really like the Giants current get up, but they should get creative with the shorts and have it match each side of the jumper to create a fuller kit.
I think it would help blend it (same with the Demons and the red back jumper)
The AFL can hardly cope with home teams wearing white shorts and away teams wearing coloured shorts, let alone a team wearing bi-coloured shorts! :D

Last edited:

The AFL can hardly hope with home teams wearing white shorts and away teams wearing coloured shorts, let alone a team wearing bi-coloured shorts! :D
In theory it eliminates the need for white shorts, so they can't * it up!

But then, we still wear white shorts with our yellow jumper... WC with theirs... Essendon with red....

... oh

The AFL pay an obscene amount of money to their 'football operations manager' to sought out these issues. He has been busy with other matters. Pay one of the leading posters on this board a tenth of that money and they will fix the clash problems working an hour a week at headquarters. The fact that there is a terrible clash with the newest club, with their home city rival, beggars belief???

There's sufficient orange on the front of GWS's guernsey for them to own it as a colour. A charcoal back isn't going to make them lose that, but it would make their jumper less of an eyesore

The AFL pay an obscene amount of money to their 'football operations manager' to sought out these issues. He has been busy with other matters. Pay one of the leading posters on this board a tenth of that money and they will fix the clash problems working an hour a week at headquarters. The fact that there is a terrible clash with the newest club, with their home city rival, beggars belief???
It's not like the jumpers LOOK the same. I've got no problem with the colours they picked. Nobody bought a GWS jumper from Rebel thinking it was a Sydney one (well, not based on the colours/design at least) :p
It's just that they shouldn't be allowed to wear it against teams in red.

Opportunity missed today.. dockers and eagles could be in 95 throwback jumpers they wore in first derby for last derby at subi
Brilliant Idea, I'd love to see the original freo away jumper make a comeback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd look weird with hoops on the sleeves...they'd be around his elbows.

OK this is stupid. WCE yellow jumpers almost as bright as Richmond ones. But the umpires still in green.
We've got this awesome thing called grey umpire shirts and we only use them for one of the two teams in yellow, and one of the four teams in yellow/gold.

OK this is stupid. WCE yellow jumpers almost as bright as Richmond ones. But the umpires still in green.
We've got this awesome thing called grey umpire shirts and we only use them for one of the two teams in yellow, and one of the four teams in yellow/gold.
I half wonder if the AFL only made one set of grey jumpers for the umps.

I'm pretty sure clubs don't order in long sleeve jumpers for every player, only those who actually ask for them. Every chance that given the Dogs player was making his debut, he doesn't have his own long sleeve jumper, so had to wear someone else's and put his own over the top. Could be the same thing at Carlton, although given they have iron-on numbers anyway, you'd think they might have a few blank spares.

I'm pretty sure clubs don't order in long sleeve jumpers for every player, only those who actually ask for them. Every chance that given the Dogs player was making his debut, he doesn't have his own long sleeve jumper, so had to wear someone else's and put his own over the top. Could be the same thing at Carlton, although given they have iron-on numbers anyway, you'd think they might have a few blank spares.
I know it's a waste, but they really should for this reason.
If they are unused, either recycle the material or sell them at the end of the year, or even give them away to charities/homeless ect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back