List Mgmt. Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird game from him. Just wasn't in it. Sick? Sore?

The lack of energy after two pretty good games just seemed to scream that he might have had the flu or just got over it. Sure he will lift for the weasels though he always does.

I just noticed that after last week's two goals Ballas is now the second highest goal kicker in our history, overtaking The Wiz.

The Wizard would have scored consistent 50 goal seasons with our midfield.

I don't think anyone would claim Ballas is a better player than Farmer was.

Yeah but I think "second" highest implies the level of player.

Perhaps its rather showing of how bad we have been in the past :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shouldn't be playing now. We are supposed to be rebuilding and blooding new players. Not the same old blokes who fall over all the time.

Such a morale sapping moment when Kersten set him up with that pinpoint handball over the top running into goal only for Ballas to first fumble the ball, then fall over.

I wouldn't offer him another contract slips over at the wrong moments too often and just isn't making an impact anymore on games.

He is currently on 145 games. If the club have no plans for him. Should ross and match committee with 6 games get him to 150 and life membership like subes.

As really we should be getting games into deluca and others as ballas isn't going to be around for next premiership window.

Such a morale sapping moment when Kersten set him up with that pinpoint handball over the top running into goal only for Ballas to first fumble the ball, then fall over.

I'll have to watch the replay, but I thought the handball wasn't fantastic. It was good enough though, and Balla needed to take the thing ... but yeah, when he slipped and spluttered, it strangely enough didn't surprise me.

He also looks short of a gallop still. Everybody looked a bit cooked in the end, but he was labouring a lot more than someone who has done as many pre-seasons as Balla should. Not sure he's all there fitness wise - whether illness or just too many injuries this year to build fitness ... not sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back