meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Much as I don't want to trade it: #5 and #40 (assume we tan... drop two spots from here) and Sutty for McGovern, Greenwood, #17 and #35?
On freo side I will do this deal but not sure Adelaide want to do this though .

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Depends how much they rate Darcy Fogarty.
True , but on Adelaide side they actually losing two players with AFL experience who know their game plan well , I am actually hoping sutty playing greenwood role with freo and getting some value in return to be trade out. Playing him in wafl will end up like deboer , other club will just wait.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
True , but on Adelaide side they actually losing two players with AFL experience who know their game plan well , I am actually hoping sutty playing greenwood role with freo and getting some value in return to be trade out. Playing him in wafl will end up like deboer , other club will just wait.

The only problem with that strategy is the Sutty playing the Greenwood role bit

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lachy96

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
What is Jonathon Patton's contract situation? I'd be inclined to throw 1-1.2m a year over 5 or 6 years at him, seriously need a key forward presence in that forward line, we would have to have the worst in the competition surely...

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
If Tab really got some AfL team offering him 2 years instead of one . freo should go hard on casboult . I am not sure how old is Carlisle I think Tab will be a good fit for team such as essendon as a backup player.

Lachy96

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
never going to happen
Yeh might be abit of a stretch but we seriously need to be aggressive at getting this key forward who can take the best defender. If we offer a big bag of cash we might be able to get someone like him. Money talks.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeh might be abit of a stretch but we seriously need to be aggressive at getting this key forward who can take the best defender. If we offer a big bag of cash we might be able to get someone like him. Money talks.
He will go to st kilda ,ninemond or north before freo.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can guarantee we have flashed cash at every half decent player above 193cm in the past 7 years

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Tab really got some AfL team offering him 2 years instead of one . freo should go hard on casboult . I am not sure how old is Carlisle I think Tab will be a good fit for team such as essendon as a backup player.

Why wouldn't we keep him as a back up player?

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why wouldn't we keep him as a back up player?
I think his player manager seek better opportunity for him maybe 2 years contract than 1 year freo offer . Playing in his home state is also look much comfortable as a back up player. A bit like Kersten situation ,Vic team will take low risk giving back pick 64- 80 range draft pick to freo for tab as they might only take three pick in the draft.

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We are playing for next year now, and for me that would be best served by playing Taberner in the remaining games. Nothing may come of it, but it looks to me like the majority of our forward problems are structural. Taberner provides the greatest option to the structure we are currently using.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
We are playing for next year now, and for me that would be best served by playing Taberner in the remaining games. Nothing may come of it, but it looks to me like the majority of our forward problems are structural. Taberner provides the greatest option to the structure we are currently using.

We are playing for 2019.
D Pearce, Susan, Dawson, Ballas, Sandi, Johnson, Yarrow, Griffin, Ibbotson, Clarke, Sutcliffe need to be off our list in 2 years.

Then we have players like Apeness, Sheridan etc who probably won't make it plus a few players who may had home. I think 15 players will leave the club in the next 2 years.

I would love 2 or 3 mature agers late in the draft so they can make an immediate impact plus some free agents.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Need to trade in MJ type backmen , Alex Pearce might need some time to come back and Collins will be out either delisted or somebody will take him, Cox has been playing forward , logue ( currently playing ibbo role ).

Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU
What is Jonathon Patton's contract situation? I'd be inclined to throw 1-1.2m a year over 5 or 6 years at him, seriously need a key forward presence in that forward line, we would have to have the worst in the competition surely...

Was rumoured last year before the McCarthy trade that GWS offered Patton, pick 7 and pick 31 for Fyfe and a lower pick. By the Twitterer who shall not be named, however...

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was rumoured last year before the McCarthy trade that GWS offered Patton, pick 7 and pick 31 for Fyfe and a lower pick. By the Twitterer who shall not be named, however...
There is some tweet about Walters moving to GwS before he sign .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back