Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of Spurr and MJ is a terrible idea. Hamling would be the "experience" in the backline with 30 games.

One of them has to play on next year and at this stage I would prefer MJ.

MJ is preferable without a doubt. He was a class player in his prime and you can keep class like that around for leadership without losing too much.

Spurr was a brave footsoldier in his prime, but it's those workmanlike guys who can quickly become liabilities once they start heading down the other side of the hill.

MJ is preferable without a doubt. He was a class player in his prime and you can keep class like that around for leadership without losing too much.

Spurr was a brave footsoldier in his prime, but it's those workmanlike guys who can quickly become liabilities once they start heading down the other side of the hill.

Yeah, something like that. I don't think Spurr is as bad as some make out, but his time is nigh and we could well do without him often enough given where we're at. Having said that, I think Ross will persist with him for now for various reasons, but you'd think he'll be the Zac Dawson of 2017 - a favourite foot soldier given a honourable discharge to the WAFL to see out his contract.

I dont think tabs and cox can be in the same team..likewise with nyhuis and spurr. Nyhuis was supposed to play fwd but didn't deliver.

Not sure about logue at the minute. Maybe keep him in. I personally didn't think Kersten was that bad.

Ballas needs a kick up the arse.

He was playing as a defensive fwd on McGovern for the first half - it didn't work obviously. MJ in that role with his experience might have - but delivery was still suited to McGovern as well (i.e. no system and some bombs in hope).

He was playing as a defensive fwd on McGovern for the first half - it didn't work obviously. MJ in that role with his experience might have - but delivery was still suited to McGovern as well.

Will have to see on the replay (if I get to it), but I picked up that Nyhuis moved back in the last quarter and MJ forward. I think it kind of worked. Can't say I noticed him a heap, but Nyhuis looked good back in his more 'natural' role. I know there's a good chance it will be him who gets squeezed out, but I hope they don't. I think he's got what it takes to be an excellent med/tall rebounding defender and want to see him stay in ... but not sure how we take out especially given Spurr seems a lock at the moment.

I had no problem with grey playing wafl at all , as his form had not been good recently ,but to said croz and Kersten as the new whipping boy is the part I disagree with . If they play badly they deserve the same criticism as other like sutty,sheriden,suban and grey .
I will grant you Kersten to some extent and agree he could use some WAFL time. He would get it too, if we had any other forwards (since Tabs doesn't get a look). Crozier I think has been playing well. Sure it would be nice if he could hit the scoreboard more but he does a lot else right and it seems to be completely ignored on here. Nobody else playing in the forward line is consistently kicking goals (Sonny is doing it from midfield and WASNT when permanent earlier in the year) so at some point you have to accept that the lack of goals is more than just the forward line personnel. Then if you look at the rest Crozier is the best performer this year.

The other 3 are midfielders/defenders that are areas we have more depth. You can make a case that Peel players have performed to get a chance. You can't say that about our Peel forward line except Tabs who is apparently out of favour.

It's a rebuild peanut.

Having a higher number in the games played column doesn't mean you're good enough to be in the team moving forward.

They're both clearly not part of the future, while arguably dragging us down at present.

They're on the edge of the 22 now and would be out of it with a fully fit list. They're only going to drop further and further down that list.
Getting personal is weak. No interest in debating with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back