No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why oh why didn't we try to isolate Mundy or Walters as our forwards?
We dominated that game, wce looked like a bottom 4 team today, they're doing nothing come September, the fact they're playing finals means there is no top 10 draft pick for them either, which is awesome
Probably the most frustrating game I've ever watched. Kicking forward of center was unbelievably bad, auskick level bad.
Brad Hill's worse kicking display in his career. Stephen was quite poor too. Realistically, I think only Fyfe and Darcy played good games, rest were average/poor. I've got the unpopular opinion that Blakeley just played his worse game this year, his third quarter was the worse I've ever seen him play. Suban's kicking under no pressure, like banging your head on a wall. Our kicking managed to get worse by the minute. Johnson and Hamling got pantsed. Weller with some average kicks and decision making, Ballas with another s**t game.
WCE rebounding the ball with ease, no pressure whatsoever.
Ross still hasn't been able to figure out a way to deliver the ball inside 50. It's been a problem since day one!

We've been playing pretty well since the Geelong game despite only getting the one win so how the * did we dish up that crap today. Nobody could find a target.

Looking ahead I'm already pissed off about the timing of us playing Hawthorn.

With them being completely shithouse earlier in the season I thought we were finally going to have a chance to exact some revenge for the last few years, but of course those insufferable ******* campaigners have clicked back into form again by the time we get them.

Looking ahead I'm already pissed off about the timing of us playing Hawthorn.

With them being completely shithouse earlier in the season I thought we were finally going to have a chance to exact some revenge for the last few years, but of course those insufferable ******* campaigners have clicked back into form again by the time we get them.
we will get absoultely pantsed by them, 85 point loss coming im afraid

Agreed. Hawthorn winning is good for us. As long as we're competitive, losing isn't a bad thing guys, we desperately need a top 5 pick.
I don't get the whole "desperately need a top 5 pick" thing. Do people seriously think some 18 year old is going to come into our team next year and turn us into a premiership contender?

I don't get the whole "desperately need a top 5 pick" thing. Do people seriously think some 18 year old is going to come into our team next year and turn us into a premiership contender?
No our skills some games are deplorable, which suggests it is a coaching, structure issue. We have looked better all
year when we have taken the game on.
Five in a row for Simpson over Lyon, and its like watching groundhog day, we made Hurn, Duggan look elite, our non existent
forward line is the joke of the competition.
Honestly rather play Collins, Dawson, up forward and have them break even with that ball delivery.
So yeah for the love of God, please draft a true KF, and maybe a clue on how to structure, lead at the ball.

I cannot believe the shite that we dished up forward of center yesterday. I cannot understand our ******* reluctance to play a ******* forward line (yes this is a coaching issue). As for our goal kicking, absolute ******* shambles and Shane Kersten is potentially moving into the worst Freo player that I have ever seen (yes I am choosing to ignore some of our past spuds).

What makes matters worse....Ross Lyon once again got outdone by Homer Simpson.....jesus ******* wept!

I'm sick of making the Eagles defence look like world beaters and I'm sick of not playing a forward line.

Have a look at Carlton.....they're rebuilding but they're tracking better than us for the simple reason that they're playing to a ******* structure....what are we playing? 18 man defense with no-one to kick to forward of center. * that s**t off.

I'm not a ******* sycophant like many here who believe that Ross Lyon will lead us to a flag and while 5 years ago I admitted that I went too hard, too early on Ross Lyon especially given my criticism of him when he first took over, the true irony is that I may end up being right after all and I take no joy in that in the slightest.

My doubts have returned and if heads aren't rolling in the off season, I will be quite displeased.

We have some very stupid footy players. Plan A of bombing it high to McGovern wasn't working. So we switched to plan B bombing it high to Hurn.

We switched back and forth from plan A to B.

We have some very stupid footy players. Plan A of bombing it high to McGovern wasn't working. So we switched to plan B bombing it high to Hurn.

We switched back and forth from plan A to B.
Lolz. Then watching hurn kick it in to f50 boundary for an easy mark then cross the ground across the square to the other flank with a chain of good chipping passes to darling out on the lead in the vacant pocket after one of our countless points really sucked. It was straight out of the training handbook. It just showed how much more composed and willing to run and spread they were along with a simple game planned that worked. It was school boy stuff really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at Carlton.....they're rebuilding but they're tracking better than us for the simple reason that they're playing to a ******* structure....what are we playing? 18 man defense with no-one to kick to forward of center. **** that s**t off.

Think it's worth pointing out that Carlton have the dubious honour of scoring less than us this year.

Agree though, given we're backing Ross (which is fine), we need to find an experienced forwards coach to help with structure us up/shake some 'goal scoring' sense into him.

If I was Ross Lyon I'd be encouraged too. Despite one of the most glaring examples of poor coaching costing us a game in history, the koolaid drinkers are out in force, still defending Lyon.

He can literally do no wrong with these people.

Your total fixation on Tabs and you accuse posters of drinking Koolaid. Pot kettle black.:rolleyes:

Yeah and consider those reports that we may have taken Logue with pick 3 last year anyway.

Is adding a player like Logue really worth hoping your team loses every weekend?

He's showing glimpses of this already in the AFL. He's very obviously nervous with some of his possessions/attempts but he's also doing some good things. Has played less than 10 games in the big time. Will definitely come good.

I wasn't really having a go at Logue, you could replace his name with McCartin or any number of others.

My point was more about people acting like losing games wins you the lotto jackpot, when all it really gets you is a ticket.

Think it's worth pointing out that Carlton have the dubious honour of scoring less than us this year.

Agree though, given we're backing Ross (which is fine), we need to find an experienced forwards coach to help with structure us up/shake some 'goal scoring' sense into him.

Yes Carlton do but at least they have some consistent structure they play to which is more than what we do.

If Plan A doesn't work for Freo, what's plan B? I don't see it at this point in time.

Also I decided to go through some stats today in regards to our last 3 coaches in terms of scoring and what I found really left me angry.

Chris Connolly

Widely panned on here but let's look at his record when it comes to average scores

Coached - 129 games

Average Score For: 91.54 ppg
Average Score Against: 91.18 ppg

Attacking - yes
Defensive - not really

Mark Harvey

Yes he had his faults and I still maintain he was sacked unfairly but it is what it is

Coached - 99 games

Average Score For: 87.28 ppg
Average Score Against: 96.54 ppg

Tactically not great but still scoring at a reasonable rate and defense wasn't good at all.

Ross Lyon

I went early saying that his style of football was going to be a challenge to watch and enjoy but one thing I've noticed is that our scoring has declined remarkably under him.

To prove my point I had to divide his into two sections but here are the stats

Overall

Coached - 135 games

Average Score For: 84.04 ppg
Average Score Against: 79.07 ppg

Yes this is respectable especially in a defensive sense but we haven't gotten the job done in terms of a premiership.

Then we split Lyon up into two sections and this is where it's noticeable

Lyon 2012 - 2014

Coached - 73 games

Average Score For: 89.27 ppg
Average Score Against: 73.25 ppg

Now this isn't too bad although from memory, Lyon believes that a team needs to score 100 on average and concede 80 on average.

Then this is where it gets interesting because Ross Lyon then says we need to find an extra 2 goals per game.

What has happened instead?

Lyon 2015 - current

Coached - 62 games

Average Score For: 76.90 ppg
Average Score Against: 85.92 ppg

So we've found 2 goals less per game from 2012-14 and conceded 2 goals more per game on 2012-14.

Essentially we have supposedly the best coach in our history and yet we can't score and struggle to defend.....go figure.

I'm not by any means saying that I prefer Connolly or Harvey to Lyon but bloody hell, if we could put Connolly's attack with Lyon's defense, we'd be a lot better off as a club and the games would be a lot more enjoyable I suspect.

FYI, I didn't enjoy yesterday in the slightest. It was painful garbage as far as I'm concerned. Ball butchery of the highest order and really it's the definition of insanity, doing the same crap and expecting a different result.

Yes Carlton do but at least they have some consistent structure they play to which is more than what we do.

If Plan A doesn't work for Freo, what's plan B? I don't see it at this point in time.

Also I decided to go through some stats today in regards to our last 3 coaches in terms of scoring and what I found really left me angry.

Chris Connolly

Widely panned on here but let's look at his record when it comes to average scores

Coached - 129 games

Average Score For: 91.54 ppg
Average Score Against: 91.18 ppg

Attacking - yes
Defensive - not really

Mark Harvey

Yes he had his faults and I still maintain he was sacked unfairly but it is what it is

Coached - 99 games

Average Score For: 87.28 ppg
Average Score Against: 96.54 ppg

Tactically not great but still scoring at a reasonable rate and defense wasn't good at all.

Ross Lyon

I went early saying that his style of football was going to be a challenge to watch and enjoy but one thing I've noticed is that our scoring has declined remarkably under him.

To prove my point I had to divide his into two sections but here are the stats

Overall

Coached - 135 games

Average Score For: 84.04 ppg
Average Score Against: 79.07 ppg

Yes this is respectable especially in a defensive sense but we haven't gotten the job done in terms of a premiership.

Then we split Lyon up into two sections and this is where it's noticeable

Lyon 2012 - 2014

Coached - 73 games

Average Score For: 89.27 ppg
Average Score Against: 73.25 ppg

Now this isn't too bad although from memory, Lyon believes that a team needs to score 100 on average and concede 80 on average.

Then this is where it gets interesting because Ross Lyon then says we need to find an extra 2 goals per game.

What has happened instead?

Lyon 2015 - current

Coached - 62 games

Average Score For: 76.90 ppg
Average Score Against: 85.92 ppg

So we've found 2 goals less per game from 2012-14 and conceded 2 goals more per game on 2012-14.

Essentially we have supposedly the best coach in our history and yet we can't score and struggle to defend.....go figure.

I'm not by any means saying that I prefer Connolly or Harvey to Lyon but bloody hell, if we could put Connolly's attack with Lyon's defense, we'd be a lot better off as a club and the games would be a lot more enjoyable I suspect.

FYI, I didn't enjoy yesterday in the slightest. It was painful garbage as far as I'm concerned. Ball butchery of the highest order and really it's the definition of insanity, doing the same crap and expecting a different result.
I think you forget to mention 2012 - 2014 games Vs GC ,GWs, Melbourne and Carlton are percentage booster game .I still think Ross is the right men , but injuries and finding pav and macca replacement should go a bit earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back