Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he goes to the Dogs

2017 and 2018 1st rounders plus Lewis Young for Lever plus our 2017 2nd?
That's overs for a bloke out of contract.

Our first this year (likely to be top 10) + a second would be enough, you never get full value for OOC players.

Hawks have a habit of sipping cocktails in September usually after yet another Premiership. :thumbsu:

Thats funny because the grand final isnt til October?
I suppose they've been following Hodgey's 'leadership' then?
And by leadership I mean DUI, drunk two days before a game type scenario.

Hopefully we have enough money to try and poach Gunston or Bruce ;).

Any club would love Lever. Second best player from the draft, I still think GWS taking Marchbank over him was a massive balls up at the time.

You dont want Gunston.
He's been useless since they went downhill.

Lots of clubs could have taken Lever. Trouble is he was coming off a serious injury. The same reason Burton slid so far.

You dont want Gunston.
He's been useless since they went downhill.

Lots of clubs could have taken Lever. Trouble is he was coming off a serious injury. The same reason Burton slid so far.

Lever and Burton will be a good combination next year. ;)

A two-year-injured JOM (also OOC) got the package that you just described. Lever is worth more.
And it's universally accepted that Hawks sold the farm for him. He's the exception, not the rule.

An out of contract Tom Mitchell got Sydney pick 14, so then just a first rounder is enough for Lever? See, it doesn't work like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Jake Carlisle is more what you are looking at. Except Lever is better, younger, no 12 month drug suspension.
That Carlisle trade is so complicated to even try and compare to a new one, haha.

My point is you just can't say "GC got two first rounders + more for Omeara, so we get that". It's not how it works. Justin Sherman went for a first round pick, if they was how we assessed Lever's currency you'd get the whole first round.

That Carlisle trade is so complicated to even try and compare to a new one, haha.

My point is you just can't say "GC got two first rounders + more for Omeara, so we get that". It's not how it works. Justin Sherman went for a first round pick, if they was how we assessed Lever's currency you'd get the whole first round.

I see how they want Young now.

The old "from SA therefore Adelaide are entitled" crap

You're gonna need more than pick 10 and a second. Thats just a reality. If you dont have it you're gonna need to find it.

Last edited:
Would be absolutely over the moon if he came to the Dees. Our backline is our biggest weakness so a player like him would do wonders for us. He would cost A LOT trade-wise. Probably 2 first rounders, perhaps a 2nd coming back our way too.
Hope Barrett is right on this one!

You're gonna need more than pick 10 and a second. Thats just a reality. If you dont have it you're gonna need to find it.

No we don't. Really.

Let him go to the draft and we'll trade our second and P10ish to upgrade our pick and get him in the draft.

Meanwhile Adelaide get nix. Happy with that ( if Jake goes.)

Would be absolutely over the moon if he came to the Dees. Our backline is our biggest weakness so a player like him would do wonders for us. He would cost A LOT trade-wise. Probably 2 first rounders, perhaps a 2nd coming back our way too.
Hope Barrett is right on this one!
Really? The McDonald's, frost, Jetta and Hunt isn't too bad, wouldn't mind a couple of them at the hawks haha

Yeah yeah, PSD or get the f ck out.
What an original BF post.

Fan of club possibly losing out of contract player squeals how valuable their player is or get the f$xk out. What an original BF post...

Jake is out of contract. You don't get full value. It's just a reality however much you may not like it with your dreams of market value.

With the bad blood between our clubs I actually think the draft is an option.

I'd rather overpay a non competitor like North for P2 and get Jake in the national draft than overpay a competitor like Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back