Autopsy Eagles Def Freo by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't get why people seem so surprised that our forward line sucks. I'm all for experimenting with different personnel but it's going to suck regardless with the list we currently have at our disposal.

This just isn't true.

Our forward line sucks because we refuse to play anyone in it. It's pretty hard to expect much when you're kicking into a vacant 50.

This is 100% down to our game plan, not our list.

This just isn't true.

Our forward line sucks because we refuse to play anyone in it. It's pretty hard to expect much when you're kicking into a vacant 50.

This is 100% down to our game plan, not our list.
You keep referring to everyone else's posts as opinions and not facts. But then use language yourself like "this just isn't true". Guess what? That's just your opinion! Not a true or false thing (ie a fact).

You keep referring to everyone else's posts as opinions and not facts. But then use language yourself like "this just isn't true". Guess what? That's just your opinion! Not a true or false thing (ie a fact).

It's a fact that we are not playing a traditional forward line structure. I don't really see how you can expect it to function properly when it doesn't really even exist.

If we actually tried playing a 6-man forward line with 3 people starting inside the 50 at each bounce and it still sucked then I would agree with you that the problem lies with the list and not our strategy. But we haven't tried that yet.

Is Cox an 18 year old KP chopped liver. :rolleyes: Mc Carthy , Kersten, Grey, Nyhuis, De Luca are all first year players at the club and have been given opportunities forward. Mundy has been tried, Tabs has been given a go. The forward line is a work in progress with Bennell, Apeness, Uber still to be tried . This furphy that nothing has changed in our forward line is utter crap.

Hi there and thanks for the reply, and after all that we still won so what does this tell us about your team? You cant use that as excuse, you had younger legs on the ground should have been able to run over our old-timers. Time will tell where both our teams will finish end of the year, I'm certain we will be higher especially when we start getting our players back... just saying
What players is that? Nicnat and Yeo? Lycett isn't making your 22 even when fit. Josh Hill, please he's a spud. Your best playe Kennedy pretty much win you games. Without him, as we've seen over the past 4-5 weeks, West Coast struggle big time.

Not sure what players you're expecting to come back.

So suck should play MJ upfront from start like poker said .

Is this where the banter thread now is?

If so, I've got a question.

Which is the only club to have won fewer games than Freo in 16/17?

And your point is ? The question that needs to be answered is who has the oldest list in the comp with little chance of a premiership, in need of a rebuild and nothing in the larder coming thru .;)

It's a fact that we are not playing a traditional forward line structure. I don't really see how you can expect it to function properly when it doesn't really even exist.

If we actually tried playing a 6-man forward line with 3 people starting inside the 50 at each bounce and it still sucked then I would agree with you that the problem lies with the list and not our strategy. But we haven't tried that yet.
No it's your opinion. You don't even watch the games live - how the **** can you say something definitive about our structures? I find it hilarious that the person most vocal on this is someone that doesn't even attend live games. That's the main benefit of watching live - you can see the whole field for the whole game and not just the zoomed in TV window that focusses on the ball. And similarly you are also the person most vocal about Tabs performance at Peel even though you haven't gone to a single Peel game. I'm not saying your opinions are invalid but you need to respect that others (especially those that watch live) might have different opinions to you because they get a completely different perspective than you do through stats and radio or TV.

None of this is black and white like you so often try to make it. At times our structure around the ground is pretty terrible. Just like at times Tabs performance is pretty bad (eg first half of the game just gone). But with both sometimes it is pretty good as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's your opinion. You don't even watch the games live - how the **** can you say something definitive about our structures? I find it hilarious that the person most vocal on this is someone that doesn't even attend live games. That's the main benefit of watching live - you can see the whole field for the whole game and not just the zoomed in TV window that focusses on the ball. And similarly you are also the person most vocal about Tabs performance at Peel even though you haven't gone to a single Peel game. I'm not saying your opinions are invalid

That's exactly what you are saying and your post is a pile of s**t.

Watching the games live doesn't give you any special insight. If anything you see less watching a game live.

That's exactly what you are saying and your post is a pile of s**t.

Watching the games live doesn't give you any special insight. If anything you see less watching a game live.
If you actually read my post you would realise I watched it live and then watched the replay on TV. Like I do almost every home game because each gives a very different perspective. Why am I having this stupid debate? If you honestly can't see that people watching live get a more holistic around the ground perspective (eg for things like structure) then I'm not sure anyone can help you see the light. I hate analysing away games because I have no idea what our players are doing off the ball watching on TV.

Not sure really, because if that's your only argument then you are out of ideas.
Wow, what a knock out punch that was o_O Love how you always quote out just one sentence and then respond to just it out of context as if nobody will notice. Simply genius work. Bravo.

Wow, what a knock out punch that was o_O Love how you always quote out just one sentence and then respond to just it out of context as if nobody will notice. Simply genius work. Bravo.

You've posted 3 posts in a row now arguing that my opinion doesn't count because I didn't watch the game 200m from the action in the worst stadium in the country. I don't really feel i have to quote your whole post, just drunk face would be sufficient.

Brizzy.
And so what, we are re-building so you expect a bit of pain.
There was only 1 club in WA saying they were aiming at Top4.

Just a bit of banter.

I actually agree that our age profile and performance is a problem.

And despite the fact that you've poor the last two years that there are signs that you will improve.

I was just surprised that only one club had less wins.

You've posted 3 posts in a row now arguing that my opinion doesn't count because I didn't watch the game 200m from the action in the worst stadium in the country. I don't really feel i have to quote your whole post, just drunk face would be sufficient.
Again, completely out of context and not even remotely close to accurate. I never invalidated your opinions (not facts) - show me where if I have. I said you should probably respect the opinions of others who watch live because they get a different perspective to what you see on your idiot box or even worse for Peel (just through a stats page). I wouldn't watch the replay on TV if I thought I could see everything at the stadium. But it's the exact same in reverse. I also said in my posts I think our structures suck at times and that Tabs is good at times (ie I agreed with you). But I strongly disagree with you extrapolating both of those as if they exist 100% of game time. Maybe I should get drunk so I can converse on your level?

not a fan of lamb at all.... talking more about parto, rioli and watson

Rioli, he's like your Bennell.
Could be, would be, maybe
Just a bit of banter.

I actually agree that our age profile and performance is a problem.

And despite the fact that you've poor the last two years that there are signs that you will improve.

I was just surprised that only one club had less wins.

Mate, we only won 4 games last year.
It wasn't a very good year. Understatement emoji

Again, completely out of context and not even remotely close to accurate. I never invalidated your opinions (not facts) - show me where if I have. I said you should probably respect the opinions of others who watch live

Again - watching live gives you no special insight. You see much less of the game watching live than you do on TV.

You go to watch live for the atmosphere and the experience. You'll see more of the actual game on TV. That's why you can hear the crowd go "ooh ahh" when there's a big screen replay of a free kick at the ground. They didn't see it the first time like the TV watchers did. You'll see bugger all at the ground live compared to someone who watched it on TV with benefit of a zoom lens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back