List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be happy when we have someone or a couple of someone's to kick the ball at, anything that makes that harder to do is a misstep IMO but yay fyfey if it makes you feel better

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am all for getting someone to kick to in the forward 50 so on that we agree.

Don't need any affirmation from you to feel better thanks all the same. I feel just fine without it.

I think some people only follow football as an outlet to be miserable.

Our fan base does have a large element of unnecessarily negative campaigners who literally just want to whine about everything all the time. You see them everywhere - on facebook, on bigfooty and even live at the game. It gets very annoying after a while.

Just like how the Eagles have a large section of clueless idiotic nuffies who aren't intellectually capable of saying anything intelligent or insightful, we have a large section of overly negative pessimists who aren't capable of saying anything positive or congratulatory. So it goes.

Our fan base does have a large element of unnecessarily negative campaigners who literally just want to whine about everything all the time. You see them everywhere - on facebook, on bigfooty and even live at the game. It gets very annoying after a while.

Just like how the Eagles have a large section of clueless idiotic nuffies who aren't intellectually capable of saying anything intelligent or insightful, we have a large section of overly negative pessimists who aren't capable of saying anything positive or congratulatory. So it goes.

The sooner you accept that this is what humans are like the easier you will let it wash off you.

If you apply the weight every one of their opinions deserves you won't have any burden.

Keep on blowing up the gameday thread about the state of our forward line all day yesterday

Today break out the party balloons because .... now try not to get emotional here ...... we spent a BIG chunk of our cap for the next 6 years on a guy who has been good this year but not great and hasn't had a 3 voter brownlow game for 2 years ? Is that not a valid question ? Isn't it what 3/4 of opposition fans are saying ? You can say f*** those guys or they are just jealous. Some might say I'm a miserable campaigner but I would swap that for pragmatic
I love the dockers and I'm dying to take that walk down to the ' G ' again if I have a different opinion of how's the best way to make that happen so f***ing what ( insert scream sound bite )

WA boy. Plays for WA team. How unlikely was he really to leave? I think it's the lot of the suffering Freo fan for us to be paranoid about these things...

But Freo made me this way I was a carefree happy go lucky young fellow pre 95 haha

Keep on blowing up the gameday thread about the state of our forward line all day yesterday

Today break out the party balloons because .... now try not to get emotional here ...... we spent a BIG chunk of our cap for the next 6 years on a guy who has been good this year but not great and hasn't had a 3 voter brownlow game for 2 years ? Is that not a valid question ? Isn't it what 3/4 of opposition fans are saying ? You can say f*** those guys or they are just jealous. Some might say I'm a miserable campaigner but I would swap that for pragmatic
I love the dockers and I'm dying to take that walk down to the ' G ' again if I have a different opinion of how's the best way to make that happen so f***ing what ( insert scream sound bite )

Just a gut feeling but I feel that Fyfe signing for a solid timeframe will help with keeping the Vic kids like Tucker and Balic which would be fantastic. He is a real leader that people want to follow.

Today break out the party balloons
emoji324.png
because .... now try not to get emotional here ...... we spent a BIG chunk of our cap for the next 6 years on a guy who has been good this year but not great and hasn't had a 3 voter brownlow game for 2 years ?

He got 3 votes in round 4 last year, then broke his leg in round 5. You also don't know the votes for this year.

No one has got 3 votes in the last 9 months. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err, how in any way are the two related?

I guess your pragmatic nature isn't quite pragmatic enough to realise that any player is going to take time to get back to peak fitness/performance coming off a year out of the game. Even more so when you're trying to make it back to the level that won you a Brownlow the year before. Then again if you're willing to (incorrectly) cite a 2 year period without 3 brownlow votes which includes 20 rounds without playing as the crux of your argument, there's not much I can say.

If you're worried about cap space, just look at the age profile of our list. We won't lose any of our young talent due to a lack of cash.

Congrats on the signing. Great to see some loyalty.

Out of interest did any of you try keep track of all the Victorian campaigners saying he was definitely leaving? Seemed to be plenty of people saying he'd be gone, all quiet now!
Don't worry, it seems every Victorian kid on any interstate list is St Kilda bound.

It's funny seeing all of them (St Kilda, North) supporter bases reaching at things like "used to support them as a kid" or "played with player x on their team in U 8's footy" "did you see the way they looked at each other during the match"

... quiet embarrassing really.
That's an absolute bargain.
I wouldn't say bargain, i'd say fair value.

He could have asked for a lot more. This is a bargain contract considering the salary cap will most likely rise again.
As a captain ,he rather the young future player extend their contract then been squeeze out like tom Mitchell at Sydney .

Congrats on the signing. Great to see some loyalty.

Out of interest did any of you try keep track of all the Victorian campaigners saying he was definitely leaving? Seemed to be plenty of people saying he'd be gone, all quiet now!
Too many to keep track of tbh but i don't blame any of our fans getting in some delicious "I told you so's" right about now

Err, how in any way are the two related?

I guess your pragmatic nature isn't quite pragmatic enough to realise that any player is going to take time to get back to peak fitness/performance coming off a year out of the game. Even more so when you're trying to make it back to the level that won you a Brownlow the year before. Then again if you're willing to (incorrectly) cite a 2 year period without 3 brownlow votes which includes 20 rounds without playing as the crux of your argument, there's not much I can say.

If you're worried about cap space, just look at the age profile of our list. We won't lose any of our young talent due to a lack of cash.

I've surrendered about the brownlow votes but do you disagree that these sort of contracts only go to the Best players - At the TOP of their game
I'm not big on research but if you can find a comparable situation I'm all ears
Fyfes great , best Freo player ever but Pavlich is our MVP ever followed by Sandi and I was never PAV's greatest admirer ( If he had a bit more campaigner in him we would have that flag )
What is tempering my enthusiasm is we won't be able to bid big on a KPF now and have limited our avenues to getting lucky in the draft
Let's just call it a disagreement over the allocation of resources

I've surrendered about the brownlow votes but do you disagree that these sort of contracts only go to the Best players - At the TOP of their game
Fyfes great , best Freo player ever but Pavlich is our MVP ever followed by Sandi and I was never PAV's greatest admirer ( If he had a bit more campaigner in him we would have that flag )
What is tempering my enthusiasm is we won't be able to bid big on a KPF now and have limited our avenues to getting lucky in the draft
Let's just call it a disagreement over the allocation of resources

How do you figure? I'm going to assume we can pay 105% of the cap in 2018 and 2019 and we will have players such as Sandi, MJ, Dawson, D Pearce, Griffin, Ballas, Suban (?) Mundy (?) that will all be retiring. We'll have plenty of cap space and likely a top 5 pick in this year's draft. We could still throw big $ at Tom Lynch next year as a FA. We've tried luring KPF's in the past with big $ and none have wanted to come west. What makes you think we'd be able to change that in the future?

Nicnat earns $1m / y.
Given the 20% bump on the recent CBA, NN would be in at least 1.1 - 1.2m.

Fyfe is getting about that for 6 years and

Fyfe >>> NicNat.

Also Pav and Sandi both earned about $1m/y at the peak of their contracts. Fyfey is getting equivalent.

Well worth it if you ask me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back