Autopsy Eagles Def Freo by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this where the banter thread now is?

If so, I've got a question.

Which is the only club to have won fewer games than Freo in 16/17?

Geeze, you have won two more games than us this year. Go down to Wendy's if you want to clutch at straws. At least we beat Richmond, Melbourne and Essendon.

Your mids stink and your forwards managed 74 points against a defence that incl 3 rookies. You were beaten up in the midfield by an 18 and 19 year old ruckman and a midfield years younger than yours. You will finish low in the eight or ninth and go into next season with the the oldest list in the comp. Good luck sleeping with that future to look forward to.

Indeed. We are what you where a few years back. A gloomy future indeed.

Again - watching live gives you no special insight. You see much less of the game watching live than you do on TV.
When the ball was in our forward line where were the West Coast forwards positioned? Were they spread across the field the whole time or did they just immediately spread once they intercepted the ball and keep spreading as they chipped it around moving the ball forward? Did there structure change at all through the 4 quarters? How many stay at home forwards did they have? If they had some, who were they? Were there times when their entire team was all in the back half? Same questions for every team in the league. All questions about structure. If you think anyone can answer them accurately by just watching on TV you are kidding yourself. But watching live they are pretty easy to answer if you are paying attention. But no special insight :drunk:

When the ball was in our forward line where were the West Coast forwards positioned? Were they spread across the field the whole time or did they just immediately spread once they intercepted the ball and keep spreading as they chipped it around moving the ball forward? Did there structure change at all through the 4 quarters? How many stay at home forwards did they have? If they had some, who were they? Were there times when their entire team was all in the back half? Same questions for every team in the league. All questions about structure. If you think anyone can answer them accurately by just watching on TV you are kidding yourself. But watching live they are pretty easy to answer if you are paying attention. But no special insight :drunk:

You're waisting your time.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I possibly need that quote about insanity :) I think I hurt his feelings a while back and he just likes to argue with me for the sake of it. I treat it like watching a moronic TV show - requires little intellectual effort.
Cheer up , fyfe signed up,but he do had some good valid point about trialing hamling and Johnson up forward if plan a and b are not working .

Last edited:
I possibly need that quote about insanity :) I think I hurt his feelings a while back and he just likes to argue with me for the sake of it. I treat it like watching a moronic TV show - requires little intellectual effort.

With any luck he will put you on ignore. His point about getting a better opinion of the game watching on the box is laughable . I've noticed that the coaches all stay at home and watch on the box and phone in there instructions.:p

lol

He hasn't played a game for us yet, he will be good!!

You need to go back to the circle jerk of the JLT series numb nuts. Who could forget this headline.

"West Coast rookie Francis Watson branded 'super-freak' by teammate Lewis Jetta."

I guess he got the 'freak' part right. Now a forgotten soul languishing at a busted-up WAFL club.

With any luck he will put you on ignore. His point about getting a better opinion of the game watching on the box is laughable . I've noticed that the coaches all stay at home and watch on the box and phone in there instructions.:p
Hale likes this. Because then Ross wouldn't spill his coke. See I've just proven myself wrong - no one at the game JUST watching live would have got this amazing insight.

You need to go back to the circle jerk of the JLT series numb nuts. Who could forget this headline.

"West Coast rookie Francis Watson branded 'super-freak' by teammate Lewis Jetta."

I guess he got the 'freak' part right. Now a forgotten soul languishing at a busted-up WAFL club.

JLT you cant be serious... lol cant judge a player by efforts in those games.... plus has be injured most of this year...

tbf it depends a lot on what seat you have at the game, ground level behind the goals at Subi you can't see s**t.

The main problem are always playing too many sore player in the team , hamling and Johnson look very sore last week.,Add in Lee spurr and mundy I think freo asking the youth to carried the senior instead of the other way round .

It's interesting hear people argue that Spurr, MJ etc deserve to be kept in the 22 or on the list next season because the kids need some old heads to fall back on, when in reality alot of our kids are already outperforming them and making them look obselete.

There's no point keeping old heads around to steady the ship when they're the ones running it aground.

Really poor game of football.
Not overly upset with anything other than entries into the forward line which were appalling.
The goal kicking accuracy was a freak outlier and anything closer to our norm and we win the game.

The in the back call against Suban made my blood boil, to put us within 2 goals with 10 mins with all the momentum instead it killed any momentum we had.
The loss stings but not as much as a first round exit from finals followed by the recruitment by another couple 34 years olds.
We know where we are and WCE have not much too look forward to.
I look forward to Priddis being wheeled out for the first bounce of the 2025 season, are motorised wheelchairs legal or?
This is why you remain a lowly third technician Lister.

tbf it depends a lot on what seat you have at the game, ground level behind the goals at Subi you can't see s**t.

That's true, when the family was in the cheap seats in the third tier of the old stand directly behind the goals and elevated you got a wonderful understanding of the methods being employed by both teams. Now that I am in a pocket and ground level and paying more - not so much.

It's interesting hear people argue that Spurr, MJ etc deserve to be kept in the 22 or on the list next season because the kids need some old heads to fall back on, when in reality alot of our kids are already outperforming them and making them look obselete.

There's no point keeping old heads around to steady the ship when they're the ones running it aground.

The young guys get to play on the lesser players.

There are always solutions to getting a better view.

vg2641.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back