Autopsy Round 17 2017 Sydney Swans vs Greater Western Sydney Giants. Things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

that is true in general but when you are under absolutely no pressure at kick ins it is unforgivable.

Just feel teams want to go for the most difficult option rather than just get it in and set up accordingly.

even on the tv you could tell it was mostly swans supporters.

Would have been 65-75% Swans fans easily. That would be about right. GWS had some fans there but we outnumbered them easily.

Sat 13 May 4:35pm GWS v Collingwood Spotless Stadium 11360
Sat 20 May 4:35pm GWS v Richmond Spotless Stadium 10677
Sat 3 Jun 4:35pm GWS v Essendon Spotless Stadium 13671
Sat 1 Jul 7:25pm GWS v Geelong Spotless Stadium 15007

Average = 12,678

Sat 15 Jul 7:25pm GWS v Sydney Spotless Stadium 21924

That's just over 9,000 more than their average against the bigger Victorian sides. I'm not sure how many thousand those Victorian sides would have attending those games but I suspect there'd be close to 10,000 regular GWS attendees. They now have over 21,000 members. Therefore I suspect it may have been closer to 50;50 GWS;Swans supporters.

No thread for next week's game against the Saints up yet? Had a sneaky peek on their board and their preview is 12 pages long already.

No thread for next week's game against the Saints up yet? Had a sneaky peek on their board and their preview is 12 pages long already.

Have they moved on from the "Hickey is the worst player ever" thing yet?

Learned that although the Swans hit up Franklin quite a bit, we still managed almost 100 points with Reid & Rohan having almost no impact whatsoever.

A lot of people are writing about the up turn in the Swans form thanks to Rampe, but they gloss over Papley and how good he's been in the midfield & forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay today - just an amazing team pressure effort - at times not one Swans player really dominated (OK Lance Franklin) - some Swans did not have their best game of the year - but we kept running and chasings. More please Swans

Agree, 'Mickey Mouse' is often used as rhyming slang for 'grouse'. Pretty sure the original poster was using it in that context...
Dead horse = Sauce
Havin an uncle Merv = Perv
Onkaparingas = Fingers
Sausage roll = Goal
Al Capone / Dog'n'bone = Telephone
Reg Grundys = Undies
Westpac banker = W*nker

So so many...

I was pretty critical at Lloyd after the Giants game at the SCG, I felt he never went for the hard ball. Always waited for the easy short kick but he's really proven me wrong. He's worked very hard on his inside game to give him a full all rounded ability

Yeah I think sometimes we automatically relate inside players with toughness. Lloyd's an outside player but doesn't mean he's not tough or courageous. Proven countless times he's willing to fly back against the pack for a mark and really doesn't look panicked when under opposition pressure.

Learned that although the Swans hit up Franklin quite a bit, we still managed almost 100 points with Reid & Rohan having almost no impact whatsoever.

A lot of people are writing about the up turn in the Swans form thanks to Rampe, but they gloss over Papley and how good he's been in the midfield & forward line.
Yep, Paps needs more credit, he makes us a far better team not only as the small forward but his rotations through the middle allow the mids to float/rest forward. He's a gem.

Yep, Paps needs more credit, he makes us a far better team not only as the small forward but his rotations through the middle allow the mids to float/rest forward. He's a gem.

I've loved watching Papley doing minutes in the midfield, too. We're just so much more dangerous than we were last year when so many players can rotate through there.

I've loved watching Papley doing minutes in the midfield, too. We're just so much more dangerous than we were last year when so many players can rotate through there.
And he's not out of his depth there, he's bloody good in the middle.

Buddy is a bloody champion, get him a contract extension
That last papley goal he gave him, had to beat out 3 gws players to get that ball, he is a freak Wonder how many games we would win if he got injured long term

Glad we finished strong and wouldn't let them back in. Excellent play on Greene by Smith and co.

I wonder how much Cameron being out made a difference.

Glad we finished strong and wouldn't let them back in. Excellent play on Greene by Smith and co.

I wonder how much Cameron being out made a difference.

Big difference. Forward line was largely dysfunctional without him. Most of their goals were from defensive lapses or freak ability/luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back