Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fan of club possibly losing out of contract player squeals how valuable their player is or get the f$xk out. What an original BF post...

Jake is out of contract. You don't get full value. It's just a reality however much you may not like it with your dreams of market value.

With the bad blood between our clubs I actually think the draft is an option.

I'd rather overpay a non competitor like North for P2 and get Jake in the national draft than overpay a competitor like Adelaide.
You will pay his value, just like every other trade. You will pay what others have paid for top line talent like Trealor, Carlise, Omeara etc.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You will pay his value, just like every other trade. You will pay what others have paid for top line talent like Trealor, Carlise, Omeara etc.

Like Nick Stevens, Tippett, Luke Ball, McCarthy, Gunston, Dangerfield, S Mitchell...

Sure ok m8

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
No we don't. Really.

Let him go to the draft and we'll trade our second and P10ish to upgrade our pick and get him in the draft.

Meanwhile Adelaide get nix. Happy with that ( if Jake goes.)

Dont think Lever would want that to happen given we drafted him and he likes the club.
Fair enough if he gets a much higher offer. As much as we'd hate to lose him, if he's going he's going, but I cant see him dudding the club if he has a choice.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Fan of club possibly losing out of contract player squeals how valuable their player is or get the f$xk out. What an original BF post...

Jake is out of contract. You don't get full value. It's just a reality however much you may not like it with your dreams of market value.

With the bad blood between our clubs I actually think the draft is an option.

I'd rather overpay a non competitor like North for P2 and get Jake in the national draft than overpay a competitor like Adelaide.

Hope Jake enjoys the qld sunshine in that case.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Like Nick Stevens, Tippett, Luke Ball, McCarthy, Gunston, Dangerfield, S Mitchell...

Sure ok m8

S mitchell lol
The guy would be retired if not for WC. His value was nil

Tippett deal was vetoed by the AFL
Gunston had played 2 seasons of footy
Dangerfiled was a FREE AGENT

Jesus, use your brain please.

johndemonic

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Collingwood will trade Pendlebury and swap their pick 1-5 for Adelaides pick 13-18 at seasons end for Lever.

And if they don't, they should have.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he goes to the Dogs

2017 and 2018 1st rounders plus Lewis Young for Lever plus our 2017 2nd?
You traded Dangerfield for Geelong's first, second and Dean Gore. What makes you think you'll get a better deal for Lever?

Should the deal happen, it will go something along the lines of first + second rounder for Lever.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
You traded Dangerfield for Geelong's first, second and Dean Gore. What makes you think you'll get a better deal for Lever?

Should the deal happen, it will go something along the lines of first + second rounder for Lever.
Yeah nah. Danger was an RFA, so when we matched, we felt obliged to be good blokes and not ask for complete overs for Danger. Not the same situation as Lever.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah nah. Danger was an RFA, so when we matched, we felt obliged to be good blokes and not ask for complete overs for Danger. Not the same situation as Lever.
Sure buddy, I'm sure your club found it at the bottom of their hearts to allow themselves to get anally destroyed for arguably the best player in the competition. What a nice club.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Sure buddy, I'm sure your club found it at the bottom of their hearts to allow themselves to get anally destroyed for arguably the best player in the competition. What a nice club.
There's a reason the deal got done early in the trade period. If we wanted to get a better deal, we would have waited out. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story...

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They just want to demonstrate that they got more than FA compo which would have been after our own first rounder. Therr was also the death of Phil Walsh that year and the whole importance put on family after it.
You are nuts if you think Danger and Lever are anything like each other.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There's a reason the deal got done early in the trade period. If we wanted to get a better deal, we would have waited out. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story...
What are you talking about? I'm accepting your answer. I'm sure your club put the interests of your best player walking out on you before the club's interests.

No reason why it won't be the same with Lever though.

Yeah it does champ.
Oh really? Explain then.

They just want to demonstrate that they got more than FA compo which would have been after our own first rounder.
There was barely any difference. Geelong were offering a contract that could easily be matched, therefore the situation becomes exactly the same as any other uncontracted free agent.

Therr was also the death of Phil Walsh that year and the whole importance put on family after it.
So because Phil Walsh died, your club felt compassionate enough to let your best player walk out on you for a first rounder, a second rounder and a hack? I'm in awe.
You are nuts if you think Danger and Lever are anything like each other.
They are. You're nuts for thinking they aren't.

Lever is uncontracted, and the moment he asks for a trade to a Victorian team, it will be exactly the same situation as it was with Dangerfield.

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood will trade Pendlebury and swap their pick 1-5 for Adelaides pick 13-18 at seasons end for Lever.

And if they don't, they should have.
No way there giving up Pendles and a top 5 pick for Lever and a late first rounder lol.

What would Pendles be worth on the open Market? If Jed Anderson fetches pick 17 and Gibbs was offered 11 and a kicker???

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No way there giving up Pendles and a top 5 pick for Lever and a late first rounder lol.

What would Pendles be worth on the open Market? If Jed Anderson fetches pick 17 and Gibbs was offered 11 and a kicker???
You're overestimating the value of old players. Ryan Griffen was practically steak knives in the Boyd deal.

I doubt he'll go to Collingwood anyway.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What are you talking about? I'm accepting your answer. I'm sure your club put the interests of your best player walking out on you before the club's interests.

No reason why it won't be the same with Lever though.

Oh really? Explain then.

There was barely any difference. Geelong were offering a contract that could easily be matched, therefore the situation becomes exactly the same as any other uncontracted free agent.

So because Phil Walsh died, your club felt compassionate enough to let your best player walk out on you for a first rounder, a second rounder and a hack? I'm in awe.

They are. You're nuts for thinking they aren't.

Lever is uncontracted, and the moment he asks for a trade to a Victorian team, it will be exactly the same situation as it was with Dangerfield.
So because Adelaide accepted a mid round first and second for Danger, if Dusty or Fyfe or Kelly or Bont are also only worth pick 9 and 24? If you think so you dont have a clue.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So because Adelaide accepted a mid round first and second for Danger, if Dusty or Fyfe or Kelly or Bont are also only worth pick 9 and 24? If you think so you dont have a clue.
Nope, because none of them play for Adelaide.

Your club might be the most wonderful, compassionate club ever that let their best players go for unders, but every other club puts the club's interest before the player's interests on the trade table. I highly doubt any other club in the competition would've settled for what Adelaide did for Dangerfield.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Your club might be the most wonderful, compassionate club ever that let their best players go for unders, but every other club puts the club's interest before the player's interests on the trade table. I highly doubt any other club in the competition would've settled for what Adelaide did for Dangerfield.
Lucky for us the guy who did the Danger trade for the Crows now works for your club.

bigblackboz

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
North Korea
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
North Korean Soccer Team
Oroukes talented, just injury prone. Seen him dominate vfl level constantly then pop a hammy. Seems to do one every 6/7 weeks
Nah mate he's not. He's a failure as she didn't come on in GWS and now at Hawks.

Let's not overstate the bloke. It was a crap draft and the bloke is lacking like most in that draft.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

You guys might now that Noble is running the show.

Back